West Wing

(14 Posts)
MasterOfTheYoniverse Mon 29-Apr-13 13:35:59
MasterOfTheYoniverse Mon 29-Apr-13 13:35:25

Olivia, Fiderer and all ...... you have to check this website out:
http://fuckyeahjoshlyman.tumblr.com/

tangledupinblue Sun 21-Apr-13 11:44:29

Sopranos & Breaking Bad are my 2 recommendations.

MrsHiddleston Fri 19-Apr-13 07:37:06

Try the British equivalent... 'house of cards' currently on anazon as a trilogy boxset.

Piggychunk Fri 19-Apr-13 07:35:07

Oh no just found out about Leo sad.. Really sad now

ThePendant Tue 09-Apr-13 22:51:18

And I didn't think that Studio 60 was as bad as everyone made out...

ThePendant Tue 09-Apr-13 22:50:39

Sports Night is worth a watch (Pre west wing Aaron Sorkin series).
Not on the same level as WW but entertaining enough.

DownyEmerald Tue 09-Apr-13 22:45:43

Northern Exposure? - going back a bit but I loved it, and quite a few of the same actors.

carriedawayannie Tue 09-Apr-13 22:37:38

I miss the West Wing - loved it. Other box sets I enjoyed (but not necessarily similar)

The Soparanos - best thing ever made for TV
Nurse Jackie
House
The wire - Liked all except season 2.

Others that are meant to be good but haven't see:

Madmen - Really want to see this
Breaking Bad
Game of thrones

bugsyburge Tue 09-Apr-13 22:27:40

west wing is the BEST tv series ever made.... (granted that I did my masters in American politics) but even so the writing by Aaron Sorkin in the first 4 series is first rate.... my favourite episode is 20hours in America part 2 (season 4) where Bartlet gives the speech about American heroes & reaching for the stars.... gets me every time...

apologies as I have gone off on a tangent here but to answer yiur question, go right back to series 1 and watch them all again- I guarantee you will love them more the second time

Hassled Tue 09-Apr-13 20:26:26

Oh I'm delighted smile.

What's next is that you start again at Series 1, obviously. Maybe take a break for Homeland?

Badgerwife Tue 09-Apr-13 20:22:31

West Wing is a hard one to beat! If you aren't against a bit a sci-fi, I would recommend Fringe. It starts off a bit X-Files but then goes off into quite a different direction, it's very character driven and has some brilliant acting in it, especially from John Noble as crazy scientist Walter Bishop.

Fiderer Sun 07-Apr-13 10:15:10

You'll really enjoy S7 - it's wonderful. Mind you I thought all the seasons were, I think TWW is like M*A*S*H*, there were great episodes and some not so great but never a bad one.

As for what next? Can't help, as I'm stumped. Really enjoyed Homeland but that's only 2 seasons.

So I'm no help, sorry grin Just can't help posting on a TWW thread.

Piggychunk Sun 07-Apr-13 07:38:19

Several months ago I posted that I just couldn't get on with West Wing I found it a hard one to get into after seeing almost every TV series made.

I am nowing coming to the end of series 6 and would like to thank everyone who said keep going I've really enjoyed it and REALLY looking forward to the final series which should hopefully arrive via lovefilm next week.

The question is what next?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now