The Great British Sewing Bee, BBC 2 ........

(12 Posts)
ppeatfruit Sat 06-Apr-13 13:20:07

I'll watch it grin Claudia's good on Strictly IMO

Davros Fri 05-Apr-13 15:43:45

DD Nd I love anything like this (Kirsty anyone?) bit both intensely dislike Claudia. I haven't watched the film show since she got the gig and it used to be one of my favourite progs sad

5Foot5 Thu 04-Apr-13 13:32:50

I thought this was surprisingly good. I hadn't intended to watch it originally as I couldn't see how they would make sewing interesting and I don't normally like Claudia Winkelmann (think she is hopeless on the Film programme)

Anyway I put it on out of curiosity and got quite hooked. Not only that but even DH and DD were taking an interest! I will definitely be watching the rest and it has even made me start eyeing up my sewing machine and wondering if I should have another go. A-line skirts anyone?

(Last time I attempted a pair of trousers I found I had made a front leg and a back leg instead of a left and a right...)

I loved it too! More than I expected to.

hedgefund Tue 02-Apr-13 22:37:47

i really loved this, much much better than all the bloody cupcake/food/gardening/dancing programmes.

claudia is funny in it. i also liked the way they explained the basics (being totally ignorant of sewing) so one i will watch.

Thanks Tolliver!!

Ooh, I quite fancy flower arranging ........ grin

I think it needs someone with a lighter touch than Claudia. The GBBO works because Mel and Sue are funny and don't take it too seriously. I'm also a little hmm by the slightly patronisjng way they're explainging the ultra-basics.

I mean, would the kind of person who's chosen to watch this really not going to know what an A-line skirt is?

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Tue 02-Apr-13 20:25:02

I'm loving it. I must dust off my sewing machine.

herecomesthsun Tue 02-Apr-13 20:23:22

I was just commenting to DH that BBC2 seems to have turned into the WI. What next, flower arranging at dawn? And much as I like Claudia Winkleman, she seems an odd choice of presenter for this. I can't imagine her knocking up a dress out of her curtains!

Anyone watching?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now