It's nearly Game Of Thrones Day - the countdown starts here (with spoilers)

(499 Posts)
TrampyPanterNoster Sat 30-Mar-13 11:49:48

Just over 57 hours to go...

I really can't wait. In fact, I'm going to nc in a bit to honour the return of Tyrion, Robb, Jon Snow, Brienne and Arya.

Anyone else practically wetting themselves in excitment?

Trills Sat 30-Mar-13 17:06:21

This thread says "with spoilers" - are we allowed book spoilers?

TyrionsTrampyPants Sat 30-Mar-13 17:11:24

I think so, I have asked MNHQ if they can introduce a spoiler button, but it clearly says spoilers.

Trills Sat 30-Mar-13 17:22:45

In which case I want to say ...

BOOK SPOILER DON'T READ THIS IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENS IN BOOK 3

I think there will be a resounding cheer throughout the land at a certain event at Joffrey's wedding.

(OK I bottled it, don't want to ruin it for anyone).

TyrionsTrampyPants Sat 30-Mar-13 17:24:06

I can't wait for that! I saw Joffrey walking Sansa to her groom and thought... You weasel.

cookielove Sat 30-Mar-13 17:26:15

Yes so looking forward to that <shakes fist at Joffery> JUST YOU WAIT YOU SNIVELING LITTLE SHIT

blush not a fan of Joffery blush

Trills Sat 30-Mar-13 17:27:47

Puffed up little arrogant coward

TyrionsTrampyPants Sat 30-Mar-13 17:28:23

Couldn't happen to a nicer turd!

ShipwreckedAndComatose Sat 30-Mar-13 17:33:23

He is utterly foul, isn't he!! great creation

cookielove Sat 30-Mar-13 17:42:22

You can really see his mother in him, Cersei what a bitch. Not sure what Jamie saw in her, a reflection of himself i guess hmm

Glad he got away from her!!

TyrionsTrampyPants Sat 30-Mar-13 17:57:00

She's awful, but you can see why she becomes like this. imagine being married off to a man who was in love with a dead woman, always stuck in this godawful role. knowing that you are cleverer and more ruthless than the men around you. And she does love her children.

cookielove Sat 30-Mar-13 18:00:31

Very true but regardless of all that. She treats Tyrion appallingly which is unforgivable in my eyes any way!!

Trills Sat 30-Mar-13 18:01:50

Jamie Lannister is not exactly nice himself.

TyrionsTrampyPants Sat 30-Mar-13 18:05:06

thats the thing, all the characters are so rounded. with the exception of Joffrey and Ramsay, all the baddies have some redeeming features.

cookielove Sat 30-Mar-13 18:07:14

No Jamie Lannister is not nice at all (although not bad on the eyes wink ), but then he didn't play any role in Joffery's up bringing, well absentee Uncle. IIRC he didn't know he was the father until the later books or am i remembering that wrong?

TyrionsTrampyPants Sat 30-Mar-13 18:09:37

he tries though, doesn't he? I love the speech he gave catelyn when he was captive. The "so many rules" one. And he tries to change. both of them can blame Tywin really.

Trills Sat 30-Mar-13 18:11:26

He knows he's the father, but Cersei did her best to never have them stand next to each other lest someone think "hey, that kid looks nothing like Robert"

cookielove Sat 30-Mar-13 18:18:59

Tywin the route of all evil smile

MrsJaqenHgar Sat 30-Mar-13 18:19:21

I am giving praise to the old gods and the new for the return of GoT. I may even celebrate with some cheap Rioja Dornish wine grin

'Tis my DD who makes an appearance this season. We filmed last August/September. Assuming her scenes haven't ended up on the cutting room floor, she'll appear in one of the later episodes towards the end of the season.

I am very excited. Think I might have to change my name in honour--won't be much of a stretch to become a direwolf!

I'm massively excited and very much dreading this series...

TyrionsTrampyPants Sat 30-Mar-13 18:49:38

Mrs, aha. I shall bake some lemon cakes

Right, name changed. I am ready for GoT series 3, even though I know what's coming.

TyrionsTrampyPants Sat 30-Mar-13 19:13:27

Love the name grin

JulesJules Sat 30-Mar-13 19:13:59

DH and I cant wait. He's read all the books, I haven't. Going to watch the last ep of last series on Sunday night, gearing up for Monday, Wine and snacks will be required...

catgirl1976 Sat 30-Mar-13 19:48:21

Me grin

I may wee with excitement

sapphirestar Sat 30-Mar-13 20:53:45

I wish I had sky! Book 3 was by far my favourite!
Dying to see Jon Snow and Ygritte, RW will be horrendous though.
I'd heard it would be a season for book 3 part 1 and same for book 3 part 2.
Suppose if they make them too quickly we'll be waiting for the next book to come out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now