It's nearly Game Of Thrones Day - the countdown starts here (with spoilers)

(499 Posts)
TrampyPanterNoster Sat 30-Mar-13 11:49:48

Just over 57 hours to go...

I really can't wait. In fact, I'm going to nc in a bit to honour the return of Tyrion, Robb, Jon Snow, Brienne and Arya.

Anyone else practically wetting themselves in excitment?

Whathaveiforgottentoday Tue 09-Apr-13 11:17:29

Enjoyed the episode but confused about theon's story. It seems quite a deviation from the books. No mention of reek or have I forgotten part of the book? I know they change quite a bit in the adaptation but thought the reek story would be in it?

smuffin Tue 09-Apr-13 11:30:55

Saw episode one and was not impressed I do hope it gets back to the action of season 2

OzmaofOz Tue 09-Apr-13 11:53:40

Yes it is a shame they missed that out, I was convinced he had died so was really shock when reek appeared. I suppose there's so much more going on they can only fit in the main story line.
Wonder what they will do with Lady Stoneheart - hope she is in it.
I thought the second episode was a lot better than last weeks smuffin I am quite excited about next weeks already.

TrampyPants Tue 09-Apr-13 13:13:35

I enjoyed last nights, I cringed when Bolton's Bastard appeared. Poor Theon. LOVED Brienne and Jaime's fight and got very excited at Thoros and the Queen of Thorns (how good was she?)

neriberi Tue 09-Apr-13 13:22:18

Is it me or are there a stupid amount of adverts in GOT? Just as I was getting into it an ad break popped up.

OzmaofOz Tue 09-Apr-13 17:06:55

Yeah loads of adverts, it was a pretty expensive show to make though, do they put more ads in for big budget shows ?

neriberi Tue 09-Apr-13 17:12:53

I'm sure it didn't have this many ads last time? I did wonder about the cost of making it. I'm hoping the ads will die down a bit otherwise is going to be very hard to watch!

OzmaofOz Tue 09-Apr-13 18:08:54

Oooooh yes Tramp I did squeal a bit when Ramsey showed up, I wonder how they will play that out. I think in the books Theon remembers almost escaping - maybe they will show us that.

Bajas Tue 09-Apr-13 18:19:59

Thought Diana Rigg was fantastic as the queen of thorns and love how Margery is played as well.

Was surprised at the way the Theon storyline is developing.

I think it must be difficult to follow at this stage for people who haven't read the books as it widens out into so many different storylines.

Whathaveiforgottentoday Tue 09-Apr-13 19:14:46

I thought I remembered he tried to escape with one of the girls from winterfell but they were caught and Ramsey named one of his dogs after her, so maybe it will be a larger part of the story. I agree with great casting of thoros and the queen of thorns plus Margery has more personality than in the books perhaps as she hasn't had a chapter of her own so we don't hear her voice in the books.

expatinscotland Tue 09-Apr-13 19:20:16

He did, with Kyra, a girl from the village. Ramsay likes to hunt women, he gives them a head start and then hunts and kills them and if their death pleases him, he names one of his bitches after her. He does this to Kyra.

Eventually, Theon escapes with the fake Arya and is reunited with his sister, Asha.

Gingerdodger Tue 09-Apr-13 19:31:41

I am loving Margery and the way she has really got the measure of Joffrey. I think Joffrey is really well played as such a total arse!

Wish I hadn't watched the aftershow thing last week though as now when Ygritte talks I can only hear her very posh voice peeping through!

So far so good am really enjoying this series.

OzmaofOz Tue 09-Apr-13 21:08:19

Yes, Kyra that's her name. Couldn't put my finger on it. Something about that story really stayed with me. I can imagine the sheer horror of being released naked and desperately trying to get away. Makes me shudder just thinking about it.

Whathaveiforgottentoday Tue 09-Apr-13 21:23:01

thanks Expat. I knew I hadn't dreamt it. The whole theon story is horrific which is why I thought they would include it. I had to look away at the torture scene as the memory of reading about it still makes me shudder.

expatinscotland Thu 11-Apr-13 00:08:45

I don't know if it's left out in the series but Lady Hornwood's husband and son were killed in battle in the first book. Ramsay later forces marriage on her, then starves her to death. She is past the age of childbearing.

Before it is known at Winterfell that Ned has been executed or that Bran is a greenseer, Bran sees the 3-eyed crow and follows him to the crypts. There he sees and speaks to Ned. He tells Maester Luwin that Ned is sad, over 'something about Jon's mother.' Ned believed he would be allowed to take the black if he confessed treason.

Osha believes him. They find Rickon in the crypts, with his wolf, who attacks the Maester. And when they go back to the Maester's tower a raven arrives, and Bran says, 'What is it?' Osha tells him he knows what it is.

polyhymnia Thu 11-Apr-13 12:43:51

Enjoy it but it's certainly hard to follow if like me you haven't read the books. Who is Thoros??

expatinscotland Thu 11-Apr-13 13:50:29

Thoros is a red priest of R'hollor who can bring back people from the dead.

polyhymnia Thu 11-Apr-13 16:50:37

Ah thanks. Was he in the last episode?

expatinscotland Thu 11-Apr-13 18:03:02

I don't know, I've never seen the TV series.

Whathaveiforgottentoday Thu 11-Apr-13 19:39:05

yes, thoros turned up in episode 2 played (very well in my opinion) by Paul Kaye

Leaningtoweroflisa Mon 15-Apr-13 21:27:37

Just spotted Gary lightbody from snow patrol doing his wee cameo, singing 'the bear and the maiden fair' as a member of the brotherhood!

It did not sound like it did in my head... grin

Leaningtoweroflisa Mon 15-Apr-13 22:18:08

And a rocking version by the hold steady at the end, though it looks like either its just me watching or I've killed the thread...

Gingerdodger Mon 15-Apr-13 23:14:19

Thanks to Bronn tonight Littlefinger will forever be 'Lord Twatbeard' to me. Actually had to rewind that bit it made me laugh so much

Yes the Reek bit shocked me too in the book. I am currently reading ADWD and find Reek's story gut wrenching.

Nagoo Tue 16-Apr-13 14:00:38

Yy to the bear and the maiden fair being totally different grin

I'm lost with Theon now. hmm I'm taking these departures a bit hard smile hmm confused

howshouldibehave Tue 16-Apr-13 14:18:07

I loved the bit where Bronn and Tyrion are amazed that the prostitutes wouldn't take Pod's money!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now