What's On this Easter?

(40 Posts)
BaconAndAvocado Mon 25-Mar-13 21:28:13

Looks like we'll be spending most of the Easter weekend snuggled up inside as weather so pants.

So.....what's on tv?

formicaqueen Fri 29-Mar-13 23:01:56

Whats the egg watching hatching thing? Anyone know?

nannynick Fri 29-Mar-13 20:12:48

Jonathan Creek looks new and a one off special.
BBC: Jonathan Creek special
There are some reports saying that a short series is starting filming later this year. So there may be more to come, possibly in 2014. One report says it's 3 episodes.

mrs2cats Fri 29-Mar-13 18:49:42

Thanks Moosey!
I'll make sure we record it as we're not at home. Yes, I can't wait either.
I preferred the 1st series to the 2nd but I'm still addicted.

OneLittleToddleTerror Fri 29-Mar-13 18:44:20

I'm sitting here watching kiki's delivery. I forgot how good it is! Even my 2yo sat nearly 2 hours watching it, which surprises me. I'm looking forward to more ghibli studio smile

LittleBecca6984 Fri 29-Mar-13 18:04:46

Jonathan Creek is back on Monday at 8.30. Not sure if its a one off or a series.

MooseyMoo Fri 29-Mar-13 18:03:37

mrs 1st April 9pm on Sky Atlantic

Can't wait!

mrs2cats Fri 29-Mar-13 16:57:59

Labyrinth
The Village

When does Game of Thrones start?

comeonbishbosh Fri 29-Mar-13 15:25:12

Thanks everyone for the Studio Ghibli tips everyone - very helpful!

I'm assuming Modern Family is on Sky... sad

HardlyEverHoovers Fri 29-Mar-13 13:52:15

Just listening to the wird you posted crescent mashAllah it's lovely.

Ooh, I might try to catch Sheila Hancock on the Bronte sisters, thanks MN !

nannynick Fri 29-Mar-13 09:37:53

One of our Dinosaurs is Missing. Classic from 1975 suitable for children. BBC2, I think, Easter morning. Will probably be on iPlayer for a short time.

montage Thu 28-Mar-13 20:54:46

That's good info Primrose, my series link has let me down by failing to pick up on the return of either, so I would've missed that!

Primrose123 Thu 28-Mar-13 18:23:19

Modern Family and The Middle are starting again on Good Friday. We love those and have been waiting for the new series for ages!

AWhistlingWoman Thu 28-Mar-13 18:19:07

pompompom

I watched Pom Poko about three years ago. STILL getting over how weird it is!

GeorginaWorsley Thu 28-Mar-13 16:19:29

Foyle's War
The Village
Sheila Hancock on the Bronte sisters.

PinkButterfly1 Thu 28-Mar-13 16:17:33

This looks very good eggs.channel4.com/

NutBox Thu 28-Mar-13 14:51:47

Check out this daft comedy sketch. My daughter can't stop giggling at the silly singing! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgdF1Vmdluc

RealityQuake Thu 28-Mar-13 14:41:00

Re Re Ghibli: Only Yesterday is suitable for little ones, I think it is a lovely film as is Whisper of the Heart

I mostly agree with the rest pompompom said, though my kids love Arrietty and did lead to DD1 wanting to read The Borrowers, but it a far slower, relax film than most them and I didn't like Earthsea much (mostly as it's mashing multiple books in a series together to straining point which wasn't a good project for a first time director) and it does get strange and scary at the end. Wouldn't recommend The Little Norse Prince either and woulkd put it in the older age group alongside the Castle of Cagliostro.

I always love these threads as they help me find all the gems in the mound of muck over these holiday weekends.

SamWidges Thu 28-Mar-13 14:39:44

Sheila Hancock on the Bronte sisters on Sunday night.

Voyage of the Dawn Treader early Sunday evening.

Plebs on Monday evening

pompompom Thu 28-Mar-13 14:24:37

Sorry, hit post too soon. Haven't seen Ocean Waves and Only Yesterday so can't comment on those.

pompompom Thu 28-Mar-13 14:24:01

Re the Ghibli films:

Kiki's Delivery Service, My Neighbor Totoro, Ponyo and The Cat Returns are all kid suitable (under 5). Castle in the Sky is superb and fine for I'd say age 5+ but there is a fair bit of shooting/explosions so avoid if you don't like that sort of thing.

DS loves Spirited Away and Howls (5yo) but some might find them a bit scary. Earthsea is very scary at the end as well.

Absolutely avoid Nausicaa, Princess Mononoke and Grave of the Fireflies with children. Not suitable as v violent. DS will watch Mononoke but I know it well and skip the horrible bits.

I'd avoid Arrietty because it's dullsville. Pom Poke is OK, just fucking weird. Haven't see Ocean Waves and Only

mmmerangue Thu 28-Mar-13 13:39:57

I will be getting on the Studio Ghibli train! Thanks for that!

And cannot WAIT for Dr. Who, Plus we have a couple of episodes of The Walking Dead on SKY recorded to catch up on. I expect there is some football and boxing too (DP has free run of the remote while I potter about on Facebook and listen, turning round for the good bits. Obviously football doesn't have any of those...)

isabel9354 Thu 28-Mar-13 10:30:42

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

dabdab Wed 27-Mar-13 23:33:05

Re: film4 and studio ghibli - Princess Mononoke is also quite intense and a bit scary. Would also catch Arriety (The Borrowers) and The Cat Returns. Enjoy.

catgirl1976 Wed 27-Mar-13 22:20:18

I am also really excited about Game of Thrones

And then next week, Mad Men Season 6

Plus Walking Dead is still on for a bit longer

All very exciting grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now