The Baby Bomb

(43 Posts)
cocolocopoco Fri 22-Mar-13 11:55:13

Did anyone else catch this?

I was stunned by how rude Pete was to Madi at the restaurant.

pita13 Mon 25-Mar-13 14:45:01

*... doubt "there will" be a follow up. D-oh!

Madi has probably read comments on reviews of the show, and will probably be very disappointed that people deem all the people on the show to be chavs on benefits. Pete's a hard working graduate and Madi is currently on maternity leave. Meaning her and Pete share all bills and living expenses, contrary to Shannon and Charlotte's conversation would have people think.

I don't believe that Madi has read an accurate statement on how Pete wooed her and she's probably regretting ever taking part in the series. All that being said, I know that Madi, Pete and Finn are a very happy loving little family, despite whatever else this series may try to portray.

pita13 Mon 25-Mar-13 15:03:09

jelepomme, as you say...the first few months are difficult. I just wish they were showing a more balanced picture. I'm sure Madi does too 8-)

It's odd that families do that sort of thing, when they've been in the same position and any opinions a new mother has are just down to hormones apparently. No, actually...I'm pretty sure I don't want you staring at my boob as I breastfeed.

All the people who took part, despite differing opinions, were just trying to do the best for their babies and family overall. I hope that is shown by the end of the series and that it wasn't a massive stitch up for those concerned.

cocolocopoco Mon 25-Mar-13 15:52:39

Lovely blog!

Point taken re: Pete. I suppose we all forget how things are edited when watching a TV show.

Hope the rest of the series goes well for you as it is aired.

Your baby is very cute, too. :-)

cocolocopoco Mon 25-Mar-13 15:52:52

doh, smile

cocolocopoco Mon 25-Mar-13 16:25:28

who is the extra couple in the videos on bbc, by the way? Why aren't they being shown in the TV series?

pita13 Mon 25-Mar-13 16:35:29

They may feature in other episodes? The only reason I could think of for a replacement couple is if another couple left...

nicelyneurotic Tue 26-Mar-13 10:36:23

I was just going to post to defend Madi, thought her and Esther were the nicer girls in the show, but I see she's already defended herself!

My DH and I watched the show and both commented on how catty and petty the other girls were about the meal. You can't always leave a breastfed baby, if they won't take a bottle it's cruel to leave them with a stranger knowing they'll be hungry and wanting mum. Also noticed the show seemed desperate to pin PND on her, when she seemed fine to me. I guess PND makes better TV?

It will be interesting to see how the girls get on. Must be very difficult having a child young.

PeoniesPlease Tue 26-Mar-13 14:23:39

Glad to hear about Finn's sleep Madi.

I had a look at your blog too and I am in awe of your knitting skills - my approach is more knotting than knitting!

lovetomoan Fri 05-Apr-13 22:09:02

Another here who thinks Madi looked great, not just the hair. I lived on my nightdress for 3 months after the birth my baby, I don't know how she did it.
I am glad they've left the show and live their lives in privacy and enjoy their baby boy, the show was too negative about all of them.

coco's right - if I'm right then those flats are not cheap and were built within the last 5 years (nr canary wharf) http://www.galliardhomes.com/property/indescon_court__london_e14

Although a whole block of that development is social housing as they could not get planning permission otherwise wink

Only caught this show just now so no idea who Madi is (sorry) but pita sounds very sensible and balanced on this thread.

realmumma Thu 11-Apr-13 21:52:24

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

realmumma Thu 11-Apr-13 22:05:31

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

spudmasher Thu 11-Apr-13 22:10:59

The flats are in Lewisham, right by the station.

Sloeberry Thu 11-Apr-13 23:41:09

Realmumma, I thought he was gay, I'm really suprised. You sound like you know more than you are letting on! Go on spill the beans!!

Bicnod Fri 12-Apr-13 09:51:24

I watched the final episode last night on iplayer.

I think the series was quite interesting - it shows that the challenges of early parenthood (competitive tiredness, who does most, whose life is harder etc) is the same whatever age you choose to have your babies. I had my first at 30 and the conversations DH and I were having in the first few weeks are scarily similar to some of the arguments conversations the couples were having in the series. I know most of our friends who have children had similar arguments conversations in the first few weeks/months of DC1 (not really with DC2+).

The sleep deprivation and bone tiredness of the early days and the following two years if you happen to have non-sleeping DC like mine is a killer whatever age you are.

The cut is interesting as well. Up until the fourth episode Charlotte is portrayed as an unreasonable nag bag. But in the fourth episode they turn it around so that Shaun seems like the unreasonable one. Just goes to show you can't really judge any of the couples based on what we saw - it's all in the cut.

I have to say I particularly enjoyed the soundtrack.

Cantbelieveitsnotbutter Fri 12-Apr-13 10:12:46

I'm so sad this has finished, loved the programe.
Pita, I think madi's families story showed how hard it is to be out of your support network and 'home' environment. Something I truly sympathise with.

LoonyLoopyLou Fri 12-Apr-13 12:24:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

gnurblashakee Fri 19-Apr-13 10:28:32

One of the things I enjoyed most about the Baby Bomb was the music!

I was hoping the BBC would provide a track list somewhere, perhaps in the credits or online, but no.

So, I went through all 4 episodes on iPlayer using Soundhound on my 'phone and identified most of it - 43 tracks in total.

Here's a link to my playlist on Spotify in case anyone else would enjoy it. open.spotify.com/user/11368071/playlist/40bBxHNq2DkUYHZN3N7kwo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now