The Syndicate

(103 Posts)
SashaSashays Tue 19-Mar-13 18:52:24

Series 2 starts again tonight, I quite enjoyed the first lot so will probably tune in.

Anyone else?

I'm trying to remember how it was all left before, hope they do a 'previously' and don't just jump straight in.

KatyDid02 Sat 27-Apr-13 21:36:22

I loved the idea, it shows that there is hope (however unrealistic). Maybe that's a pipe dream but not all marriages are good and there are always dreams.....

Why would she care about her luggage being on a different plane - she can just buy new stuff.

HeavenlyYoni Thu 25-Apr-13 23:41:07

Now you mention that about the flight switcharoos, you have a point Vag.

2rebecca Thu 25-Apr-13 16:13:39

You can now check in and print out boarding passes online and if no hold luggage just go straight to the departure gate. They may query why she had one boarding pass scanned at security and another at the gate though and her husband would have put out an emergency call for her when she unexplainably went missing that the staff on her plane may have spotted was her though so I agree it's unlikely she could just fly off without him being informed about what had happened. If my husband suddenly went missing I'd get airport security involved.

Vagndidit Thu 25-Apr-13 11:48:23

VERY Disappointing ending, I thought. And don't get me started on the logistics of the big flight switcharoo and the fact that her luggage is going elsewhere with her running to catch a flight she hasn't even checked in for.

Normally I give the benefit of the doubt in stories of a battered wife but this was over the top in plotholes. Wonderful acting (barring spazztastic Becky) but a rubbish story.

HeavenlyYoni Wed 24-Apr-13 23:10:48

Really enjoyed it. Didn't see the first series so will look for that. Would like to see another BBC!

motherto4 Wed 24-Apr-13 22:06:28

It wasn't easy for her to be truthful to him and considering his temper she preferred not to tell him things that would make life worse for her. He was the father of her child so not so easy to put him away without consequences. And if I remember rightly from the last series you don't have to split lottery winnings in alimoney! Its ALL hers

2rebecca Wed 24-Apr-13 11:24:01

He was portrayed as a one dimensional pig with no redeeming features. Her constantly lying to him seemed silly though and designed to make him suspicious.
it was a bit of a nonending. They're still married, they have the lottery winnings to split in an acrimonious divorce settlement and being stuck in Crete away from friends and family (OK daughter may go out there sometimes but if she does father will sometimes come too and discover mandy) not much of a happy ending.
I'd have preferred her to openly tell him she wanted a divorce and get injunctions etc against him and stay in the UK.

Ellenora5 Wed 24-Apr-13 02:05:18

Think they saved the best till last, loved tonights episode and they wound up a few loose ends for me. At least we know more now as to why Helen was such a bitch, she was so bitter over everything but some of it wasn't her fault, her sister and her husband was hard for her. I really didn't think Becky and your man(emmerdale) would stay together. Glad Beckys mum got away though, he was a pig and wouldn't have changed a bit.

Good thread, thanks for the chat people smile

Horsemad Tue 23-Apr-13 22:44:02

I wondered how the final episode would pan out and I really enjoyed it!
Hope they do a sequel of these winners.

Southeastdweller Tue 23-Apr-13 22:16:04

I thought this episode was quite powerful and the acting was great.

Hope it comes back for a third series.

Southeastdweller Wed 17-Apr-13 08:34:17

Yes she was in Corrie. I think she overdid it a bit in the acting.

I hope Helen gets hers next week!

Horsemad Tue 16-Apr-13 23:40:20

The recaps drive me mad!

Enjoyed tonight's episode, didn't see the twist coming either.
Half of them will be in prison for next week!! grin

Ellenora5 Tue 16-Apr-13 23:35:26

I saw that coming a mile away, don't know why but just knew she would be a bloke, wasn't she in Corrie, Tinas friend who ended up marrying Graham.

Didn't really like tonights episode, bit predictable, wonder will all the loose ends be tied up next week.

HeavenlyYoni Tue 16-Apr-13 23:03:18

So, has he just left 'her' on the yacht, never to go back.

I like this programme but not keen on the re-caps. It's like you watch 1/4 of last week's episode - what's the point in that, we do have capability to remember!

Southeastdweller Tue 16-Apr-13 22:33:13

I enjoyed tonight's episode and didn't see the twist coming!

Ellenora5 Wed 10-Apr-13 13:31:31

She was Davros, the two characters are quite similiar at the moment.
Horsemad, your right she does look like Samantha Bond, she was great in outnumbered.

Davros Wed 10-Apr-13 09:32:30

The woman drugging the pig husband was miss o'Brien in Downton wasn't she?!

waikikamookau Wed 10-Apr-13 08:50:56

still watching it, I didn't believe the woman from dept. for work was legit. oh and how she slept with the alcoholic and then went off him but he seems to still like her. oh dear.
don't understand why this woman has her husband in the cellar.
how ridiculous.

Horsemad Wed 10-Apr-13 07:00:02

I don't watch Emmerdale so don't know Gennie, but Becky reminds me of Samantha Bond who was Miss Moneypenny in the Bond films and also the mum's sister in Outnumbered.
Anyone else see the resemblance?

Ellenora5 Wed 10-Apr-13 01:02:21

I knew there would be more to lucious Luke blush, ah he's lovely and I too could be his mother!!! and I hope he doesn't keep in touch with Becky and sells the car and takes his brother on holiday grin

Besides that, it's gone ridiculous, does Becky remind anyone else of Gennie in Emmerdale, or am I just watching to much telly.

XBenedict Tue 09-Apr-13 22:45:51

I also love Luke and could easily be his mother!

Southeastdweller Tue 09-Apr-13 22:45:00

I enjoyed perving on the boyfriend, too wink

KenDoddsDadsDog Tue 09-Apr-13 22:13:52

I feel ashamed to say this , it's wrong but oh so right .

Horsemad Tue 09-Apr-13 22:08:19

Is it very wrong to really fancy the lovely lad Becky is going out with?!
I'm old enough to be his mother I should think. confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now