In The Flesh anyone?

(56 Posts)
whatkungfuthat Sun 17-Mar-13 23:03:33

Anyone else see it? It's not exactly what I thought but I will stay with it. That bit with the elderly lady was horrible.

Osmiornica Thu 21-Mar-13 22:48:29

The bit in the pub made me laugh - zombie apocalypse but they're moaning about the price of the beer.

The nurse as well - studying for all of 3 weeks 'it's a long time isn't it'

I didn't like the gory bits mind you - not my kind of thing and I had to hide from those.

theoriginalandbestrookie Thu 21-Mar-13 22:54:08

I thought it was very clever and well made, lots of nice little touches - enjoyed the zombie support group and the incompetent nurse.

However I just didn't find it that gripping, possibly because its meant for a younger age group, DH and I discussed it and whilst we were glad we had seen the first episode, we probably won't bother watching again.

whatkungfuthat Fri 22-Mar-13 08:04:49

I think it might have quite a lot about the older characters too as it moves along. The main protagonist finding out the zombie son is coming back from Afghan after he has persecuted and killed Ricky Tomlinson's wife is interesting.

AmberLeaf Sun 24-Mar-13 21:25:04

Just watching part 1 again!

Lokking forward to part 2.

Just wondering how Alex got knowledge of that website? If hed been in the PDS treatment facility since being caught 'untreated' or did they have internet access?

AmberLeaf Sun 24-Mar-13 21:58:37

Starting any minute now.

I can see no way that this isn't going to have a bleak and depressing ending, no matter how much I'm loving it.

AmberLeaf Sun 24-Mar-13 23:04:27

I was going to say why is Rick/Ricks dad denying he is a PDS sufferer and then came the bit about him and Kieran and his going off to join the army to 'man up'

Denial seems to be a thing in that family!

I feel vindicated by the Rick/Keiran reveal. I called that last week and got accused of reading gay subtext into everything.

Yes, big fat giant amounts of denial going on all over the place it seems!

AmberLeaf Mon 25-Mar-13 08:11:54

I didn't pick up on it last week, but when they saw each other for the first time in the pub I said to my son 'there is more than just friends to their relationship' he just laughed at me and said 'nooo way'

Did the hints from next week show Philip as a rotter?

Looks like it all goes to shit next week doesn't it?

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 25-Mar-13 20:31:33

Def think there was some relationship between them

I take it he slit his wrists to escape dying as a zombie?

BOEUF Mon 25-Mar-13 20:35:11

I'm really enjoying this. I'm gutted that it's the last one this week.

theoriginalandbestrookie Mon 25-Mar-13 21:10:03

I ended up watching it again last night and thought it was much better than the first one.
I wondered how they managed to kill the zombies as when he speared that girl she didn't "die" but when the old lady zombie got shot she did.

susiedaisy Mon 25-Mar-13 21:42:42

I think the older lady was shot in the head which generally kills zombies, whereas the spear in the young girls side wouldn't do anything.

theoriginalandbestrookie Mon 25-Mar-13 22:01:23

Ah ok thanks susiedaisy - I might check out the website to get the zombie info

Blondes Keiren slit his wrists to commit suicide back in 2009, after Rick was blown up by an IED in Afghanistan (I'm assuming it was that way around, given that it seemed Keiren knew Rick was dead when he returned home, but Rick had to be told Keiren had died)

I hope we find out why it was that people who died in 2009 came back. It was just then wasn't it? It's not an ongoing issue - just one mass uprising?

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Mon 25-Mar-13 22:33:06

I quite enjoyed it. smile

Would like someone to explain to Ricks dad though that the neighbours wife and his son Rick are in fact the same thing. Don't think he'll cope with that and the news that his son is probably gay as well.

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 26-Mar-13 00:02:11

Thanks mrsd - somehow missed that bit of info

Can't believe it finishes next week

Wonder if will make a series 2

Thought this weeks was better smile

whatkungfuthat Thu 28-Mar-13 12:58:26

Finally caught up on iplayer. It doesn't look like it will end well, I wonder if the guy from the website and his blue drug will come into it somehow?

Sunnywithshowers Sun 31-Mar-13 23:02:36

Did anyone else watch the last episode?

AmberLeaf Sun 31-Mar-13 23:12:12

I did.

How long till series 2?! Lots of loose ends I think, that usuaLly means a 2nd series doesn't it?

Good but we need to know what happened to the girl (forgotten her name?) Keirans old hunting partner? Did she go and live on the PDS commune?

BOEUF Sun 31-Mar-13 23:17:22

Yes, she went to the commune.

It was really moving at the end, it was done so well. And there's definitely potential for another series, yay.

Sunnywithshowers Sun 31-Mar-13 23:36:27

I'd love to see another series. I thought this was a good ending and definitely left it open for another series. grin

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Mon 01-Apr-13 00:05:49

Yes must have another series. An wondering if it really is a commune or another PDS extermination group.

Didn't see Ricks death coming. Can't believe his father killed him like that and thought he'd come back. sad

Is that Lisa actually a zombie though? Or did Kieran imagine her walking through the woods. Didn't they smash her head in and eat bits? She couldn't come back from that surely?

LittleBairn Mon 01-Apr-13 10:09:56

He knows Lisa 100% dead, as does sister (I'm wondering if Gemma delivered the fatal shot after keiran snacked on her) they just didn't want to break her
Parents hearts.
So far only those died in the year before the rising have PDS every one they ate died. But I don't think the average population knew that the time.

I loved last nights Ep, so sad. I didn't expect Ricks dad to kill him like that, heartbreaking after his mothers speach. I'm glad he got his comeuppance it's always the quite ones!

Is it really the end of the series, I though there was a few more episodes?!

AmberLeaf Mon 01-Apr-13 14:44:22

Yeah I knew she got on the trasin to go to the commune but we need to know more.

The bot with keirans dad and him talking about him going missing but it really being about when he did that and killed himself was moving.

The commune thing, yes it could just be a way of rounding up errant non conformist PDS sufferers couldn't it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now