Doctors Addicts Anonymous Continued - Charge the paddles!

(982 Posts)
MsNobodyAgain Sat 16-Mar-13 20:28:59

(This is a thread for all fans of the weekday soap Doctors, BBC1, 1.45pm)

Now, we're in a bit of a dull spell. We need it bringing back to life. Charge the paddles, call 'clear' and mentally zap this soap back to life.

Hang in there people. It will get better I may be lying grin

He's one of two brummies in the programme, gotta keep him wink

MsNobodyAgain Tue 19-Mar-13 14:14:26

<arf> at 'meet the bishop'. Smut, pure smut!

shock

I'm at work and was pleased to discover I could watch live on my phone, I'd always assumed 3G would be t

too feeble, hope I don't find I've run up a big bill watching that BAH episode.

MsNobodyAgain Tue 19-Mar-13 14:18:28

Is it an i-phone? I don't think my htc could cope with such technology-doo-dahs.

I'm off to the pub in a bit and I have to put the phone on the windowsill just to get a text to send.

Raahh Tue 19-Mar-13 14:40:20

Just watching bits of the police thing- the old receptionist from Doctors (donna) is in it. I liked her, she was funny. And very good in Horrible Histories.grin

Sparklingbrook Tue 19-Mar-13 15:47:03

That police thing is funny. But not in a good way. They have levered in as many props/cliches from the 1950s as they could find. And on half hour of Brummie drama a day is more than enough IMO. grin

Raahh Tue 19-Mar-13 15:50:11

It is one big cliche, isn't it?

But it is keeping OFAH off our screens for a bit-so it serving a valuable purposegrin

MadHairDay Tue 19-Mar-13 16:05:22

ooh I didn't even realise the police thing was on too traumatised by months of OFAH to even bother keeping TV on

So have you all here worked out whodunnit? Am I running behind? Was it TBFE really? <must keep up>

I don't go back that far with Doctors, I didn't like her in horrible histories but then it irritates the hell out of me!

I know MadHairDay because I saw the spoilers so don't feel I can comment smile

Oodsigma Tue 19-Mar-13 16:51:24

I liked the idea it was all of them but would prefer it to be 6tl. Judging by her being referenced in the CIN video though I'm guessing on nursewhosnameiforget

Yes, Iphone. My provider told me to update all the data settings on the phone recently and it has really helped with speeding up 3G (for example I only used to be able to download books to the Kindle app on Wifi, now I can do it on 3G as well)

I also wondered about the euphemism aspect of "meet the bishop", they do well to keep straight faces with some of these lines.

AnneEyhtMeyer Tue 19-Mar-13 20:54:23

Just watching now.

Chris is as boring as FOD.

Missed the police thing today, but watched yesterday and thought it was a string of cliches. It is a shame I missed Donna, though. I really liked her. I still think they should have forgiven her for looking at patient records!

Raahh Tue 19-Mar-13 20:59:33

Donna was great. I remember her decking out the surgery for Diwali. She was a bit daft, but nowhere near Valerie daftgrin

MsNobodyAgain Tue 19-Mar-13 21:14:16

I don't remember Donna. Mind you in 2006 I had 3 kids under 3 years old so I suspect I was busy grin

I started watching mid 2007 when on maternity leave and then after hating leaving ds1 all day I started childminding late 2008 and its been my naptime entertainment since smile

MsNobodyAgain Tue 19-Mar-13 23:06:23

I take my hat off to anyone that can childmind.

Just found out I have no water. WTF! I will have to make calls. Sigh.

MsNobodyAgain Tue 19-Mar-13 23:16:03

Burst water main on my street reported 3 hours ago apparently. Oh how I wish I hadn't had curry for tea.

Neighbours was my daytime viewing on both maternity leaves, only watched Doctors occasionally. Silly me!

Hope you get the water back soon MsN

I'm shattered, Dd is doing he Brownie hostess badge tomorrow, so after school today I took her to ballet, home to make tea, then we had to make a flower arrangement, cakes and I have had to iron fecking teatowels and aprons, bloody ridiculous in this day and age. Then some more OU work. However I pressed submit on my final assignment for the time being about half an hour ago, so I am going to have a break from it for a few weeks now and start watching Doctors more regularly again

MsNobodyAgain Tue 19-Mar-13 23:33:32

Iron teatowels? I don't even iron my bedsheets! Good luck to your DD for the badge though.

No water yet. It is surprising how uncomfortable you feel without it.

I had to blow the cobwebs off the iron, it's been a long time.

AnneEyhtMeyer Wed 20-Mar-13 07:47:48

Burst water main on my street reported 3 hours ago apparently. Oh how I wish I hadn't had curry for tea.

Oh MsN that made me laugh!

Hope your water is back on MsNobodyAgain

That's dedicated parenting WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeGoes!!! Sounds like your dd will pass her badge with flying colours smile

Raahh Wed 20-Mar-13 09:48:59

I am angry

Fancy pants new fangled doctors surgery online booking in thing is CRAP. Arrived for my 8.40 am appointment , to be told it was for NEXT week. Now, I KNOW I didn't book it for then as the dcs are off school. I hate dragging all 3 out for a stupid review appointment. Got to go back at 10.20. DD2 is having a 'cutted up pear' stylee meltdown over the fact I peeled her apple (as requested)- and now it has no peel on.hmm

is it bed time yet?

Sounds like my ds2 this morning Raahh!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now