Born To Be Different back tonight at 9pm, C4

(84 Posts)

I've watched it since the start, can't believe it's been ten years and the children are now 13!

LeeCoakley Thu 21-Mar-13 21:42:49

Shelbie's prognosis is not good sad. How devastating for the family considering how many times she's been on life support and survived.

DisAstrophe Thu 21-Mar-13 22:21:45

William really seems to have come on well recently - he was so keen and quick to answer questions at school. Was so sweet to see him and his sister together. my dd is the same with her older brother.

Nathan's reading is excellent and he has come out of shell I think.

Was great when Emily was so firm about her surgery. With the children who don't have learning disabilities they can now play a big role in how they manage their conditions. That must be both a relief and a source of frustration to the parents.

girliefriend Thu 21-Mar-13 22:51:54

I have just watched, lovely families.

Agree with everything DisAstrophe said smile

lisad123everybodydancenow Thu 21-Mar-13 23:20:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

eminemmerdale Fri 22-Mar-13 08:08:32

Have to admit I cried when Emily said No and her parents went with it. I had 30+ operations as a child (not all necessary) and desperately wanted to say no more when i got to 11 or 12 but everyone ignored me sad

haggisandneeps Fri 22-Mar-13 12:37:05

Just catching up now. So happy to see William getting on great. His face when Mum, Dad and Jessica came in - my heart melted!

So glad to see Nathan doing well too. I hope special needs education round here for secondary comes on in the next 4 years before my daughter reaches that age. Would love if she ended up with a small class dedicated to special needs.

So sad to see that Shelbie's prognosis isn't looking good. Her family are amazingly strong.

Finding it hard to watch Zoe's operation knowing my wee girl is going to go through it too <wibble> on the same leg too!

haggisandneeps Fri 22-Mar-13 12:42:54

Hamish is doing fantastic grin

haggisandneeps Fri 22-Mar-13 12:53:47

The reunion was lovely to see smile

girliefriend Fri 22-Mar-13 15:01:57

It seems one of the really good things to come out of the programme is that the parents and children have made some really strong friendships. Was lovely to see that Emily and Zoe get on so well.

I think all the parents are fantastic but I especially admire Shelbies mum, she has been so devoted to ensuring Shelbies life is as good and happy as it can be. Think she is inspiring.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now