Less than a month 'til the return of Game Of Thrones, who's excited? <spoilers>

(35 Posts)
TrampyPants Sat 09-Mar-13 13:15:02

Me!!

there's so much to look forward to and dread

The Red Wedding, Tyrion's escape, Littlefinger and the moon door....

I can't wait.

DancesWithTheEasterBunny Tue 19-Mar-13 16:27:35

folklore even. Fail.

DancesWithTheEasterBunny Tue 19-Mar-13 13:58:16

I'm bloody excited. I keep youtubing all the folklaw clips to keep me going until it starts...

SuckingDiesel Mon 11-Mar-13 17:31:58

3 weeks to go... <excited>

SuckingDiesel Sun 10-Mar-13 15:04:20

Trampy, Kit Harrington (Jon Snow) is very, very cute IRL but shorter than I thought he would be

Cooroo Sun 10-Mar-13 14:38:04

DP, DD and I are excited too! DD is 16 and this will be the first series we watch together - should be interesting... DP and I read all the books after series 1. I am so looking forward to Joffrey's wedding - DD hasn't read books so will absolutely delighted by the happy outcome. hope that's not a spoiler.

Tortington Sun 10-Mar-13 00:42:29

not read the thread as i dont want spoilers

ver excited - dh has read the books and so trez geekified about the whole thing - but i am loving the series muchio lots

dothraki Sun 10-Mar-13 00:40:44

Wow - this thread is just getting better & better (go sucking)

CJCregg Sat 09-Mar-13 22:13:22

Is your DD Gilly's baby?? grin

TrampyPants Sat 09-Mar-13 21:42:53

Ooooh, did you see jon snow? Is he as lustworthy in rl?

SuckingDiesel Sat 09-Mar-13 21:37:53

Yes, she was an extra. She got paid and everything grin And I got to spend time with some of the good men of the Night's Watch smile There are worse ways to spend maternity leave grin

TrampyPants Sat 09-Mar-13 21:28:54

That's ace! Was she an extra then?

SuckingDiesel Sat 09-Mar-13 21:10:51

Yes, really. Most of it is filmed locally. I know where the red wedding scenes were filmed too, although I wasn't on set for it (unfortunately).

Cast and crew were fab and looked after us really well. DD was only 8-10 weeks old when she was filmed so she won't remember any of it but it'll be a cool story when she's older smile

TrampyPants Sat 09-Mar-13 20:06:21

I'm happy to host a GOT party!

Yes the third book is a whopper. And the red wedding makes sense as the last big story in that series, when you consider how close arya gets to cat and robb. I can almost see it.

Suckingdiesal, really? Wow! Seriously impressed!

HappyJustToBe Sat 09-Mar-13 19:55:21

So, so excited!

ShipwreckedAndComatose Sat 09-Mar-13 19:53:58

(the filming thing, that is...)

ShipwreckedAndComatose Sat 09-Mar-13 19:53:18

seriously impressed by that!!

SuckingDiesel Sat 09-Mar-13 19:53:01

As I understand it, they are splitting book 3 into 2 seasons although some scenes in S3 will be from the second part of Song of Swords.

SuckingDiesel Sat 09-Mar-13 19:50:55

My DD will appear (briefly) in this season. We spent several days on set but only filmed a couple of scenes.

me me me me me me me me me!

candice I had to pick up from book 3 as after watching s1 &2 I found the books a bit slow to get through knowing what happens. I then found books 3 onwards (I have lost count of how many there are) so utterly absorbing and all consuming - the level of detail and intricacies goes waaaaaay beyond the tv series.

DH is wondering if they will split book 3 in to 2 series as its a bit of a whopper (and obv sky/advertisers will want to milk it)?

dothraki Sat 09-Mar-13 19:31:54

ThreeBee - neither do we - we're just going to have to visit those that do grin - watch out !

We don't get Sky Atlantic. sad

TrampyPants Sat 09-Mar-13 18:14:04

It comes about halfway through the book, doesnt it? and its a demon of a book grin and yes, you are right, I have just googled. He look suitably psychotic...

CJCregg Sat 09-Mar-13 18:10:24

Oh, oh, OH. I am barely containing myself.

I heard that Ramsay Bolton was the guy who played Simon in Misfits???

I'm betting they won't end on the Red Wedding. They seem to put the big stuff into the penultimate ep.

ShipwreckedAndComatose Sat 09-Mar-13 17:24:32

I'm in!!

Reality Sat 09-Mar-13 17:24:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now