Did anyone see the Anna and Katy show Channel 4 Wed ?

(19 Posts)
Nancy66 Fri 15-Mar-13 19:48:19

I was pleasantly surprised. Much better than I thought

FriskyMare Fri 15-Mar-13 15:42:23

I am finding them very funny, am waiting for german SiL to visit over Easter so she can watch Kuntworts grin

out2lunch Fri 15-Mar-13 00:41:35

not so good this week for me
the line actress was funny

ppeatfruit Thu 14-Mar-13 11:44:41

Well what does anyone think about last night's? I loved Anna's has been actress "Line" grin and Katy's little prompt girl grin. Also the 2 little teenage types speaking to camera in their bedroom very good observation there IMO.

I quite liked the "long arms of the law!!" Their acting is very good they had the voices of the WPC's just right and the "arrest" bit was funny.

MisselthwaiteManor Tue 12-Mar-13 06:10:02

Watched it on catch up last night and really enjoyed it. German countdown and the apprentice sketch were hilarious grin A few other sketches were a bit hit and miss, I didn't really get the congratulations one either. Lee mack was great.

ppeatfruit Mon 11-Mar-13 08:53:42

Yes the blonde woman is Anna Crilley Allthingspretty They are a comedy pair like French and Saunders but they do stuff separately as well.

Allthingspretty Sun 10-Mar-13 20:59:09

I love katy. Was the other woman the one who appeared in the harveys ads qith her?

Forgot all about it!

OddBoots Sun 10-Mar-13 09:03:08

We watched it on catch up, it was brilliant! smile I can't wait for the next one.

ppeatfruit Sun 10-Mar-13 08:54:15

I LOVE Lee Mack he's very clever and has made it from being a 'nobody' (he didn't go to any of the posh unis.) as he said in an interview I heard on the radio.

out2lunch Sun 10-Mar-13 01:06:57

countdown was the best thing by far - even lee mack was funny in it and i really don't like him usually

Loving Kuntworts!

Congratulation was just weird.

ppeatfruit Sat 09-Mar-13 10:34:13

Yes I can't stand the real Apprentice either (i can't quite believe the contestants do they think that everyone speaks like that? do their parents speak like that ?)

EnidClowes Sat 09-Mar-13 10:05:06

Oh yeah German countdown was great! I actually liked congratulation because it was so strange. Apprentice sketch was great (and highlighted why I don't watch it!)

ppeatfruit Sat 09-Mar-13 09:30:58

I'll let her know, she's sweet and unassuming. grin

Flisspaps Sat 09-Mar-13 09:15:10

I didn't like 'Congratulation' - a bit of a blip in an otherwise funny show.

DrRanj Sat 09-Mar-13 09:10:52

I thought it was really funny, but totally bonkers!

Loved German countdown too.

ppeatfruit Sat 09-Mar-13 09:03:22

That's good Enid grin.Yes I saw their pilot last year so I knew the 'congratulation' sketch, not their best IMO, the German Countdown was clever and funny, as was the Young Apprentice sketch in which Katy was spot on!

EnidClowes Sat 09-Mar-13 08:37:51

I was completely prepared to hate it because it's not my sort of thing but actually I loved it. Made me chuckle, which is rare for tv sketch shows. I thought the congratulation sketch so absurd - tried for ages to decide if it was offensive but in the end it was too bizarre to think anything else. Will see if my enthusiasm continues this week but I do really like them.

ppeatfruit Sat 09-Mar-13 08:29:52

I have to declare a personal interest here (DDs best friend is katy) but it was very funny indeed it's a series.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now