Anyone watching Derek on Ch4?

(31 Posts)
SingingSands Wed 06-Mar-13 22:30:16

I'm in bits!

babyfirefly1980 Thu 07-Mar-13 13:14:18

Springtime...that got me too, Kev really showed something different in this episode.

VilootShesCute Thu 07-Mar-13 13:19:21

Woke up dd whilst watching it last night. Must learn to cry silently.

MrsMushroom Thu 07-Mar-13 13:22:29

It's beautiful message is an important one...that people like Derek are the winners.

Out of all the characters he is the only happy and fulfilled one. He loves Hannah and his friends, he cares for others...he has his hobbies and knows that being kind is all that matters in the long run.

It does not matter if a person has SN or is quirky or is the brain of Britain...all that matters is kindness.

IllGetOverIt Thu 07-Mar-13 14:54:14

Will be watching tonight. Might get a bottle of wine too.

verygentlydoesit Sun 17-Mar-13 21:27:14

mrsmushroom I know it took me a little while to get my head around Ricky Gervais playing Derek in a sensitive way. My default assumption was that he was making fun of Derek in some way, but this was my own bias based on what I am used to seeing RG do. I came round and thought it was brilliantly done.

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 18-Mar-13 15:32:09

really enjoyed this series

people though ricky was taking the piss, but i think he managed to portray this as a serious yet caring programme

last episode had me in tears sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now