Oh yes, Masterchef is back!

(422 Posts)

Next tuesday.

Yippee.

smile

MsNobodyAgain Thu 07-Mar-13 05:57:00

pancake it is on at 9pm next Tuesday, BBC1.

Thanks for the heads up chaos. I love MC.

Pancakeflipper Thu 07-Mar-13 07:35:00

Yippee, it's at a sensible time.

Yay a Masterchef thread! Very excited about this. I need to get out more.... blush

Hurrah, the annual Masterchef thread. Also hoping for Destineeeiiiy type person, and bowls of offal to retch at. Last years was poor.

Must say I love watching and posting, makes the whole thing so much more interesting.

whoopwhoopbib Sat 09-Mar-13 21:26:40

NettoSuperstar children's doctor Tim makes lovely macaroons!! I currently have some in my fridge grin

DuffyMoon Sat 09-Mar-13 21:42:01

Signing in...hopefully show a lot more of the first stage rounds where they make pilchards in chocolate or bananas in gravy and the like

mum47 Sat 09-Mar-13 21:45:35

Yaay, my boys are v excited - they call John and Gregg "the shouty chefs".
(and also I have a massive crush on JT grin)

Even DS (5) is looking forward. I am considering my nibbles, something spohisticated skips and gin it is then

I have to record it so DS1 (4YO) can watch it with me the following day. I think he is as excited as I am!

The clock is ticking.

Have you all got snacks lined up?

smile

on way home from work, need to buy snacks! What would be appropriate? Something poncey obv. I pass a wanky grocer on the way. Wasabi peas and lime pickle?

Oh hooray. Am enjoying great British menu but given that I am welded to the sofa by two small babies I NEED many many tv series to stop me going insanio.

Am also recording master chef NZ. Not loving it tbh.

And <sob> I want to go to a nice restaurant - in fact I'd take Maccy D's provided I could eat with 2 hands without a baby attached to a nipple. I am surviving on food that fits in a bowl and can eaten with a fork while balanced on mt BF pillow - classy.

Hand and flowers is awesome - I stayed in one of his b&b rooms too which meant I got breakfast the next day too. Drool.

D'ya remember the mad goggly eyed yank in Destiny's year? I also went to the restaurant in NYC that he worked in - called WD50. It was IMMENSE - also had the best cocktail ever in the history of the world there which they carbonated using a massive tank of co2 right in front of your eyes. fizzy straight gin - what's not to like?!

And now I want gin...

Oh yes, gin is good snacks!

Poncey is obligatory, SITN, I have blue cheese with honey and walnuts, and a plethora of birthday chocs.

Just got to get the Chaotic4 into bed.

[kalms]

DuffyMoon Tue 12-Mar-13 20:18:12

Gets black pudding and pea purée ready...

Heh at pea puree grin

I got poncey wine which I have never heard of, no snacks tho (had to run for bus). DS is in bed. DP has football on but he has been warned that I will require the TV from 9pm. <organised>

Cheese with honey and walnuts sounds lovely -but I can't do blue cheese. Creamy cheese would work for me, perhaps with some nice hovis digestive biscuits.

RockStock Tue 12-Mar-13 20:44:24

Signing in. Very excited.

StuffezLaBouche Tue 12-Mar-13 20:50:34

Yippeeeee! Glass of much anticipated wine... So happy! Always feel sorry for the ones who totally cock up though. Anyone remember the chap who ballsed up a steak and cried?!

MsNobodyAgain Tue 12-Mar-13 20:57:41

I have wine, 3 kids tucked up in bed, and no snacks as I cba to go back downstairs.

This better be good.

DuffyMoon Tue 12-Mar-13 20:58:20

Dusts off cliche book...tougher than this...food is my life...I want this more than anything...yadda yadda

Rocking in a stocking?!?! <squeeee>

Going to get wine... countdown time...

DuffyMoon Tue 12-Mar-13 21:01:57

Still lots of walking at the camera...

MunchkinsMumof2 Tue 12-Mar-13 21:02:08

Kettle chips at the ready, are we playing cliche bingo wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now