Broadchurch - anyone going to be watching?

(11 Posts)
Maebe Mon 04-Mar-13 14:22:47

I'm quite looking forward to something a bit dark and gripping, so I hope it lives up the the hype - hopefully with that cast it will.

Plus David Tennant with a beard reminds me of the delicious Blackpool, and that's no bad thing...

ImNotaPheasantPlucker Mon 04-Mar-13 14:25:34

A thriller, David Tennant and Dorset beaches!

Of course I'm going to watch. I just hope it's not a disappointment. The Dorset accent of the actress on BBC Breakfast this morn was a bit dodgy!

Maebe Mon 04-Mar-13 14:33:23

Glad someone else is thinking pretty much the same thing grin TBH, it could be absolutely shite but DT in a suit would easily keep me watching for 8 weeks. Oh, and Andrew Buchan is hardly the back end of a bus either.

I'm sure the script will be very good...

BinarySolo Mon 04-Mar-13 14:48:43

I'm going to watch. I think I'll find the start harrowing tho. I cried at that bloody crickly hall thing when the boy went missing. I'm a pregnant hormonal mess.

Sugarice Mon 04-Mar-13 16:47:23

Yes looking forward to this, I love Olivia Coleman, such a brilliant actress!

first add break and im hooked already grin dt in a suit is no bad thing either

plus dh has left me in peace and buggered off to do the washing up. im very happy right now

Jellykat Mon 04-Mar-13 21:27:14

grin DT..

Aside from the David Tennant element, it's very distressing confused

hi jelly grin

yes im finding it quite hard to watch. cant wait to find out whats going on though

Sugarice Mon 04-Mar-13 21:31:55

Not keen so far, will keep watching though.

ImNotaPheasantPlucker Mon 04-Mar-13 21:47:59

Think I know West Bay (Broadchurch) too well to take this seriously. Shame

Maebe Tue 05-Mar-13 13:21:21

I really liked it. Definitely in for the long haul. It's far too early to say what is going to happen really, but I reckon it will be someone with a grudge, as opposed to a lunatic or a serial killer. But what do I know, I always get these things wrong...

Olivia Coleman was amazing. Such a good character, really well played. I managed to hold back on the tears for most of the episode until the moment she had to tell her son his best friend was dead sad

And to lower the tone, 'morose detective in some serious need of a little light entertainment' is by far my favourite of David Tennant's disguises, so I was extremely happy. Though a bit surprised that instead of going for any character quirks for Hardy, they've jumped straight in with "absolute arsehole". I like it, though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now