Does True Blood get better?

(12 Posts)
BlueSkySunnyDay Mon 11-Mar-13 17:06:44

Humphrey the first episode in particular was word for word from the first book

Now for me a lot of it is about Lafayette - just love him and his foul mouth.

nogoodusernamesleft Sat 09-Mar-13 16:43:35

Yep, I mainly just watch it for Eric as well. Ooh and Rene from Season One - his Cajun accent used to make me go all wibbly! smile Season 2 was a bit rubbish, it does get better after that, promise!

Debs1990 Sat 09-Mar-13 16:38:20

I agree with HumphreyCobbler about the first couple of episodes being the best.

I have the 1-4 box set as well. Just finished series 2 and I loved it.

Eric looks much better with short hair. I hated his hair in series 1.

HumphreyCobbler Mon 04-Mar-13 16:41:06

I liked this programme a lot, but have to disagree with above posters in that I liked the first three episodes the best of all of them. I loved the way they set the scene. I think the rest never lived up to the opening.

I still watch it because I am is serious lust with Eric Northman. But I wish they had managed to keep up that fabulous atmosphere of the first episodes.

Also the opening credits and theme tune is some of the best television I have ever seen. Worth it for that alone.

Ginebra Mon 04-Mar-13 16:36:26

just watched s1e04 and eric was in that one. maybe i can be arsed to watch e05. so maybe it's picking up? i am mildly curious as to who killed Dawn and Maudette.

IloveJudgeJudy Mon 04-Mar-13 00:33:40

It's also quite an adult series, as opposed to a teenage one, like Vampire Diaries or Twilight. Do stick with it, the first few episodes are just setting the scene. It has loads of twists. DH and I love it. It's one of the few things that we both watch together. Teenage DC don't watch it with us; it's our series.

BlueSkySunnyDay Sun 03-Mar-13 23:38:19

Its either your thing or not. I love nasty vampires (as opposed to those twilight mills & boon things) and I love dark humour so for me its great.

Some of the extra storylines - like the Maryanne ones can be tedious.

I think the casting on this is second to none though so many brilliant actors playing great parts.

thenightsky Sun 03-Mar-13 23:29:32

I gave up after about 4 episodes [yawn]

anonacfr Sun 03-Mar-13 23:25:16

Wait till Eric Northman cuts his hair!!!!! Beginning of season 2 I believe. grin

targaryen24 Sun 03-Mar-13 18:18:32

Wait until you're introduced to Eric Northman wink

And the 1st season just sets the scene really (though it does get better). Prefer the last 3 series from the first 2 tbh smile

jellybeans Sun 03-Mar-13 18:16:06

I like it and find it really funny. Took me a while to get into though. Try a couple more. I guess some people may not like it though.

Ginebra Sun 03-Mar-13 17:30:09

I've got the box set seasons 1-4 and i've just watched S1E1 &2 and they were rubbish. Some perky good girl falling for the bad boy / vampire. yawn.
my friend raved about this series!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now