BROADCHURCH mon 9pm itv

(1000 Posts)
Blondeshavemorefun Sat 02-Mar-13 12:31:11

sexy david tennant 'blonde drools' plays a police officer who investigate a childs body found on the beach sad

ChocsAwayInMyGob Wed 10-Apr-13 16:19:37

Good point Fanjo.

Jux Wed 10-Apr-13 16:36:30

I reckon it's Danny's mum. We haven't suspected her yet.

DeskPlanner Wed 10-Apr-13 16:45:44

Thank you Liz. So excited.

Well DF - what if Danny and Tom were watching her because they knew about her druggie goings on - and so Danny saw her and his dad and confronted her, causing her to kill him in a panic. Plenty of cleaning stuff in a pub. Do we know where Becca and Mark met? Back of the plumbing van or at the hut on the cliff......?

Whatever Tom has on his comouter it must be something that he thinks will get him in to trouble rather than being something which will locate the killer. Whatever it is he doesn't realise what it means. Unless the killer is his dad of course.

MrsSalvoMontalbano Wed 10-Apr-13 17:44:43

loving this thread almost as uch as the prog grin at vicar being routinely referred to as Rory grin

MarinaIvy Wed 10-Apr-13 17:54:05

Ahem, northern, Becca runs what kind of establishment, exactly?

>waits patiently for the penny to drop<

JakeBullet Wed 10-Apr-13 18:32:59

...and the newsagent being referred to as Argus Filch grin. Shame he has been killed off as David Bradley is a very watchable actor.

I know that Marina but I thought there was reference to him picking her up and dropping her off somewhere? Using your own hotel room is ell seedy. Wose than a back of the plumbers van shag!

lucidlady Wed 10-Apr-13 19:05:06

I was wondering earlier of the reason Danny and Tom fell out was more child-like - could Danny have been bullying Tom? Cyber bullying? Perhaps T threatened to kill him if he didn't leave him alone, and that's what he is worrying about. And then one of his parents found out and that's how it kicked off. Perhaps Danny was forcing Tom to be involved in whatever racket he himself was involved in.

I also wondered if perhaps the Vicar broke into the hut to stash the laptop there, so that somehow the police would have it but without implicating Tom.

grasps at straws

Jossysgiants Wed 10-Apr-13 20:19:33

I agree with lucid lady about Tom . I wonder if the stuff on laptop might just be Tom writing about Danny and how he hated him and wished he were dead... So he thinks he has somehow made it happen by articulating this hatred.

Watching the first episode again - that first long shot of Mark walking up the street is like a suspect parade: Ellie, Tom, Ellie's dh, Becca, Maggie, Ollie, Nige, Psychic bloke, Pauline Quirke, the vicar. No Jack, no ellie, no chloe or her bf, no ellie's mum.
The texts that Tom delete look to be from March not July. Didn't register that before.

PuffPants Thu 11-Apr-13 03:51:50

Jux, I doubt it. If she'd killed him she might show a bit of emotion here and there and so far we've seen zilch. Just running, stropping and glowering.

LIZS Thu 11-Apr-13 07:07:24

Wouldn't they have checked Danny's email account and texts by now - in case of grooming or at least any arrangements to meet his potential killer. No amount of deleting the hard drive would cover up traces of those.

MarinaIvy Thu 11-Apr-13 08:12:47

Ooh, northern, forgot about the picking up &dropping off thing, it just got mddked up in the tosheroon of lies he told before finally admitting to the affair.

I still maintain doing it in your own hotel is less seedy than the back of a plumbers van. You've got to give ne that! You get clean sheets, for a start...

DuelingFanjo Thu 11-Apr-13 08:26:57

How does the plumbers van thing work? The other plumber picks the dad up and ferries him to jobs, so would he have access to the van out of hours?

I wonder if Tom has Danny's mobile? As they're identical his mum and ad wouldn't notice a second one in the house unless they were side by side. Rewatching the first episode again I noticed how many pictures of Tom and Danny together there were in Danny's room. He really didn't hate him. So why say he did? ANd where did that money come from?

Starting to suspect the soco bloke now!

Also the pathologist said he would suspect it was a male.

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 11-Apr-13 13:29:20

so woofa got it sad

the timescale thing was bothering me, it was sports day so prob middle/end of july and now is meant to be sept as 8 weeks later

so the whole caravan/beach would have been very busy as holidays so any evidence would have been destroyed

policewoman was away on hols for 3 weeks, hence taking her children out of school for a long time end june/beg of july - seems a bit weird

dont think her dh would come home and kill his sons friend the next day

sounds like pq son may be the killer and she is protecting him

howshouldibehave Thu 11-Apr-13 14:46:52

I don't think crossbow man is PQ's son though!?

DuelingFanjo Thu 11-Apr-13 15:52:18

I think the theory up thread might be right - that the plumber is her biological son but he was fostered out after his father did something terrible or was blamed for something terrible he did. PQ knows this and has tracked him down (Both have new identities) and is trying to get him arrested.

Danny may have had pictures of Tom in his room but Tom had very few, so Tom has broken friends with Danny over something Danny has said or done.

MeAndMySpoon Sun 14-Apr-13 15:40:27

Hello, can I join? grin I'm very late to this, having spent the last 72 hours obsessively watching on ITV player (but not eps 1 or 2, they've gone forever sad) and am finally up to speed.

Did anyone manage to see what the newspaper report about Susan/Elaine's husband was about, other than he was a 'monster'? Can't help thinking she's a massive red herring, but she is so suspish with all her narrowed-eye-glares-of-evil, and why is she grooming Tom? Was it just to pass the skateboard on? Why then say about coming back to walk her (dead) dog, if she was immediately afterwards going to sign herself over to the police for possible protection from Noige? confused

The newspaper woman (local not tabloid) did say 'we know about him, your children and what you are too' - made me think that PQ's ex-husband was doing terrible things to children and that she was complicit or even active in that. I thought maybe she was procuring boys for sexual abuse, but there was NO sexual evidence with Danny, so that now has to be another wrong turning, surely?

(*BigBadBarry*, are you still on here? Have nc'd, but tis me, Le Clerc. <lifts glasses> lives in Oxfordshire, 2 DSs. grin)

bigbadbarry Sun 14-Apr-13 16:44:44

Hello leclerc. Or spoon if you insist smile

MeAndMySpoon Sun 14-Apr-13 17:54:24

heh grin

mazylou Mon 15-Apr-13 11:14:46

Hello from another long time lurker, you have brought me out with this, which I thought might be of interest - it doesn't have spoilers, but I am still wedded to the Jude the Obscure link:

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/broadchurch/25218/13-answers-we-need-to-identify-the-broadchurch-killer

mazylou Mon 15-Apr-13 11:15:31

Sorry, I am not sure how to make the link work here!

This thread is not accepting new messages.