BROADCHURCH mon 9pm itv

(1000 Posts)
Blondeshavemorefun Sat 02-Mar-13 12:31:11

sexy david tennant 'blonde drools' plays a police officer who investigate a childs body found on the beach sad

Manictigger Tue 19-Mar-13 15:00:14

Madame, yes the tents are starting to piss me off too. How many days are supposed to have passed since the murder?

Jux Tue 19-Mar-13 15:04:47

They are sifting sand in there. And playing Shadows. "Look! I'm a wolf now! What are you?"

BOF Tue 19-Mar-13 15:40:09

It's still less than a week since the murder. So even Mum is looking quite chipper, considering.

diddl Tue 19-Mar-13 21:10:26

So predictable that the dad was with another womanhmm

Although we've known that since the beginning, haven't we?

Slainte Tue 19-Mar-13 21:49:03

Jux grin

Thanks jake.

XBenedict Tue 19-Mar-13 22:10:44

We saw Danny skating through town in the middle of the night/very early morning on CCTV didn't we?

XBenedict Tue 19-Mar-13 22:14:11

"with respect, sir, walk away from me now, or I will piss in a cup and throw it at you" is a phrase I am determined to use in the very near future!

Chippychop Tue 19-Mar-13 22:32:41

There must be a More to come.. There are lot big names to show their hand.... Pauline quirk,the newsagent ( can't remember his name), DT's illness, sooo many loose ends....

gazzalw Wed 20-Mar-13 07:08:44

Well the newsagent actor always plays rather seedy characters so although currently he comes across as being quite upstanding, he will probably be found to have some dark 'habit' too.

JakeBullet Wed 20-Mar-13 07:47:09

Newsagent is Argus Filch in Harry Potter.

gazzalw Wed 20-Mar-13 08:06:56

He was also in that drama about the elderly man with four/five daughters and a very camp son - the mother had gone off but one of the daughters thought the Dad had murdered her?

diddl Wed 20-Mar-13 09:16:18

Ellie's a bit odd as well thought.

She's really rude to DT-& then invite's him for dinner-because it's "what people do"!!??-er really?

Am I the only one who's never invited a boss for dinner-even if I liked them!!

gazzalw Wed 20-Mar-13 09:22:09

Yes her manner is decidedly 'brusque'. It also seems a bit strange, given that her son was best friends with Danny, that she seems rather lacking in curiosity that he might have been caught up in whatever Danny was doing??? Or maybe she's just fearful of opening that can of worms...

It would be funny if, following the Mayday drama, where the cop "dunnit", it was Ellie in this too???

I get the feeling this "whodunnit" might involve quite a few of the main characters - it's such a small tight community that one way or another they are all more involved than seems apparent...

diddl Wed 20-Mar-13 09:33:37

I had been thinking that if it's along the lines of The Killing it'll be the workmate!

And Chloe knew about her Dad's affair/one night stand as she texted her??!!

And of course he's released & the first thing he does is go to meet her-as you would!hmm

RooneyMara Wed 20-Mar-13 09:56:53

no I don't think it's Ellie. there's enough disingenuous weirdos around to choose from!

Iwishitwouldgetwarmer Wed 20-Mar-13 10:50:00

Can anyone tell me what DT said after the doctor asked him why he stayed? I couldn't make out what he said.

Thurlow Wed 20-Mar-13 11:07:52

He said he was staying for "penance". I'm now wondering if the reason he cocked up the case before was possibly medical.

Anyway, LOVE Ellie, and the "piss in a cup" line was brilliant. So determined to do the right, polite thing (dinner) even though she hates his guts. Also her appearing in a chirpy cagoul with a thermos of tea at the beginning, brilliant.

And good lord, but this has reawakened my DT lust with a vengenace blush. And he's a great actor to. The 'piss in a cup' scene was well done by both him and Coleman, but DT's starey, flustered response was hilarious, as was the "gnnff" he finally said at the end to agree.

youfhearted Wed 20-Mar-13 11:26:04

I think I read it was his psychiatrist he was seeing. but how would the case kill him? if it was a medical doctor, then may be.

diddl Wed 20-Mar-13 12:24:16

So he supposedly cocked up a murder of a child investigation, has had a nervous breakdown, yet here he is leading the investigation of a child's murder!

Wonder what he did so wrong??

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Wed 20-Mar-13 16:19:06

LOL @ Jux Tue 19-Mar-13 15:04:47:
They are sifting sand in there. And playing Shadows. "Look! I'm a wolf now! What are you?"

Seriously though they probably are sifting sand.

Do we know for sure Chloe texted the hotel woman, might she have been texting someone else if she thinks her dad is tangled up with more than one extra-marital/outside-the-home activity?

LIZS Wed 20-Mar-13 17:00:19

Something went wrong with the previous investigation and journalist was close to the family. Presumably the case for prosecution was undermined in some way. Wonder if it had something to do with water the way he reacted on the boat. Does the liaison officer disappear at night only it seemed so easy for the dad and then mum to slip out unnoticed. If he were a suspect might they not be under surveillance ?

MrsSalvoMontalbano Wed 20-Mar-13 18:57:42

I am really enjoying this - I think the slow burn really works - hate the usual
'murder by numbers/case wrapped up in two hours' scenario. I think the acting is sublime, especially DT, the dad and mum. In the last scene where the mum had seen the dad with the hotel keeper and faced the wall - that was so real. And the scene in bed, where she asks him if he killed Danny - all of it chimes with how you can imagine, god forbid, this is how people would behave. And calling the pyschic, clutchng at straws, and the psychic evasive answerd - why would 'Danny' not have told the 'spirit guide' the name, not guessing games. sad

StrangerintheNight Wed 20-Mar-13 22:10:36

Donkeys, the hotel manager told the police that Chloe had texted her.

It's a very watchable program, but there are so many niggly elements that don't ring true, which I'd like to ignore but can't.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Wed 20-Mar-13 23:28:29

Must watch it again it doesn't pay to nip out the room for a minute. Thanks Stranger!

This thread is not accepting new messages.