MAYDAY - sun 9pm

(422 Posts)
Blondeshavemorefun Sat 02-Mar-13 12:28:43

a new 5 part thriller sun to thur 9pm about a missing person

Hattie the may queen goes missing - everyone suspects everyone

like thrillers smile

Apart from the young lad and the kebab shop man, all the male characters are pretty rancid.

I think it would be too obvious if Hattie was killed off by the property developer so ruling him out, but I think he has been watching girls in the magic circle and he def knew where it was. His wife recognised his brand of cigarettes when she saw the stubs.

zukiecat Mon 04-Mar-13 14:48:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mrsjay Mon 04-Mar-13 16:47:55

I can remember AIden in Queer as folk YEARS ago he was pretty vile in that as well,

carabos Mon 04-Mar-13 17:04:03

Struggled to stay awake tbh. We won't be sticking with it.

Yes, thought that was odd, her washing the shirt. I would have hidden it in a carrier bag for evidence just in case!

zukiecat Mon 04-Mar-13 17:10:19

Yes, a very odd town so perhaps it is something more spooky and a number of the towns-folk are in on it.

zukiecat Mon 04-Mar-13 17:22:19

Me too. Would be such a cliche if it's a sex crime.

zukiecat Mon 04-Mar-13 17:40:04

guineapiglet Mon 04-Mar-13 19:40:24

Watched it but frankly couldn't warm to any of the characters, apart from the frazzled woman on HRT! <empathy>, if you go on the scooby doo crime solving principle, it will be the 'least' obvious, so my money is on the guy leading the search a bit too over enthusiastically!

I can't put my finger on why I didn't go for it , but may watch last episode just to see, if my hunch is right.... Does anyone know where it was filmed?

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 04-Mar-13 20:19:04

i want to know whats in the bag - too obvious to be a body

dont think its developer man either

wondering if was the policeman-what was the blood and why did wife who is also a po wash it - destroying evidence!!!

islingtongirl Mon 04-Mar-13 20:28:35

Watching it now on iplayer. Surely Gail suspects a bit more than bird watching?! Obvs in denial. Police officer chap dodgy..i also think property developer just saw stuff but might not have actually done it, whatever "it" is! Are people watching the second episode tonight?

Teahouse Mon 04-Mar-13 20:54:53

I have just watched episode 1; recorded on Sky. Thought it set up the characters well and will be watching in 10 mins.
I think the cop knows something about Hattie through his job (bet she has been in trouble forvsonething), the developer guy (from Spooks) through his bird/magic circle watching & the Mummer guy sitting in the tree found the body & buried it. Not sure who has done it yet but can't figure out why the toy was stolen.

girliefriend Mon 04-Mar-13 21:09:23

The ending of ystds episode totally freaked me out!!

Im scared!!

Lynned Mon 04-Mar-13 21:17:04

There seem to be an awful lot of weirdos in one town!

Wallison Mon 04-Mar-13 21:23:33

I thought that when she said 'bird watching' she meant 'bird' in the sense of 'woman'.

girliefriend Mon 04-Mar-13 21:25:28

Yes especially the men!!

girliefriend Mon 04-Mar-13 21:26:20

Oh that would make sense Wallison!

Lynned Mon 04-Mar-13 21:28:31

Ok, who's going to try and guess who done it? I'm guessing the sister in a fit of jealousy. Everyone else is too obvious.

AllOverIt Mon 04-Mar-13 21:33:48

Now watching second episode. Seems to be going a bit more 'spooky beans' now.

Finding it hard to give a rat's arse about any of the characters...

Lynned Mon 04-Mar-13 21:35:24

My crapometer is steadily rising...

girliefriend Mon 04-Mar-13 21:38:27

uh oh!!

Lucyellensmum95 Mon 04-Mar-13 21:38:35

its so bad its good - too much going on - but i reckon mr estate agent is having an affair iwth the girl!

girliefriend Mon 04-Mar-13 21:39:48

I think the actual police on this are terrible!! I would hope they would be a bit more proactive if it were my daughter!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now