I've decided. I actually can't stand Girls and I'm not watching it anymore.

(34 Posts)
Lighthousekeeping Fri 01-Mar-13 12:56:09

Overhyped that's what it is. It's taken me until halfway through the second season to realise it. Even my 26 year old pixie friends have stopped watching and they made me in the first placeb. When it's funny it's hysterical but the laughs are few and far between. I didn't need to see Hannah's bum crack this week and now that lovely Irish actor has gone there's really no attraction. I know you fans will sy it's not meant to be the next SATC but there's no denying some of it is a blatant rip off. I may be old but I'm laughing much more at the SATC re runs.

merlottits Mon 04-Mar-13 06:58:31

Truth be 'told' not 'total'. Blimmin' iPad.

Lighthousekeeping Wed 06-Mar-13 09:23:47

And, the angsty sound track. Aimee Mann always gets rolled out. No, Im over it. what was it like this week?

expatinscotland Wed 06-Mar-13 09:32:28

It's dull.

Lighthousekeeping Sat 09-Mar-13 10:55:11

It's usually good when her parents are in it as well.

KittyMcAllister Sun 17-Mar-13 18:17:04

Anyone kept up with this? I really have warmed to it, though some of the characters are pointless & annoying (I'm looking at you, Jessa). Hannah is complex and endearing, plus I really like the way they've developed Adam's character - he seemed loathsome at first. Also the episode where Marnie sang Stronger was just hilarious.

somedayma Mon 18-Mar-13 23:36:22

anyone see the last episode? I cried my eyes out! Marni and Charlie are a pair of dicks

KittyMcAllister Wed 20-Mar-13 23:06:03

I really liked the last ep too - the stuff with Adam was actually quite moving although Hannah was being infuriating! Agree, Marnie & Charlie are not likeable characters but they do kind of deserve each other.

Lighthousekeeping Wed 20-Mar-13 23:39:43

Well my planner seems to have recorded it so I will watch it but, I am not getting into season three. The whole thing is just not worth it for the odd bit of excellence. Even my 25 year old mates have given up although they do seen to be wearing very similar Hannah clothes and are saving to go to Brooklyn

Lighthousekeeping Thu 21-Mar-13 21:52:54

I never shed one tear I must be dead ard. None of them are likeable and the sex scenes make me feel like such a prude.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now