NCIS Appreciation - For the love of Gibbs (and Tony, Ziva, Ducky etc...)

(111 Posts)
ThwartedbyMum Thu 28-Feb-13 20:32:29

I love this programme! Anyone else?

ThwartedbyMum Thu 28-Feb-13 22:16:26

According to Wikipedia - Sean Murrays mother is Donald Bellisarios fourth wife, she also starred in NCIS in the first season as the mystery redhead seen with Gibbs a few times. Also Abbys lab assistant that framed Tony was played by another of Donald Bellisarios sons. It obviously pays to be a member of the Bellisario family!

shanks313 Thu 28-Feb-13 22:19:27

Abbys brother is played by Pauleys ex boyfriend

Saltire Thu 28-Feb-13 22:22:27

I'm probably the only one to think this, but I love Palmer blush

ByTheWay1 Fri 01-Mar-13 09:10:15

Nooo - eeeeewwwww - not Palmer..... just a boy... Gibbs is a man!! smile

Saltire Fri 01-Mar-13 09:12:21

The actor who plays Gibbs is married to the Mork and Mindy lady.

In the scenes where he does flashback to Gibbs as a young man, it is his RL son playing young Gibbs.

ByTheWay1 Fri 01-Mar-13 09:29:40

He's been married to her for 25 years - which makes me like him even more!!

LadyBeagleEyes Fri 01-Mar-13 11:37:05

Ooh an NCIS thread.
I love it, I watch all the repeats.
So many Gibbs fans on Mumsnet grin

Lifeisontheup Fri 01-Mar-13 13:21:52

On tonight on Fox at 9.00pm. smile

Lifeisontheup Fri 01-Mar-13 23:00:38

Just watched it, swooning over Gibbs punching the child molester, who couldn't love a guy like that?

ThwartedbyMum Sat 02-Mar-13 07:07:29

4 episodes back to back on 5USA this afternoon from 12:25 onwards.

Allthingspretty Sun 03-Mar-13 16:46:03

I love it too

Oh we love ncis in this house luv abby and of course gibbs. Been a follower since it began also love ncis la too tgey are doinf a catch up on that at the min on sky one at lunchtime

ThwartedbyMum Thu 06-Jun-13 11:13:33

Ok so this thread died a death! Real life got in the way of me keeping it going. I recently watched the 200th episode and just got me wondering does anyone have a particularly favourite moment or episode?

Aaaah I'm home! grin

LOVE NCIS - love all of them but there is something about Gibbs, I can't quite put my finger on it though.

Favourite episode... hmmm.... nope, can't pick one. Too many great stories.

Favourite moment - I just love the whole idea of using a lift as a makeshift conference room. Just drag whoever you want to talk to in there, flip the switch and have it out with them. Great idea. Although one of these days Gibbs will end up getting stuck in that lift...

Also, does anyone have to resist the urge to head-slap people in real life when they're being annoying? Or am I just insane?

ThwartedbyMum Sat 08-Jun-13 23:27:17

I have watched 4 episoeds of NCIS today!
I really like the relationship between Gibbs and Fornell - the episode with their ex wife in it was great!
Do all lifts have this switch? I can't say I have ever seen one in real life.
Would love to head slap DiNozzo (amongst other things!)

LadyBeagleEyes Sun 09-Jun-13 00:02:45

I just realised this is a bit of a zombie thread but I don't care grin
I love Gibbs, I love his relationship with Abby.
I liked the episode where Abby took to the lift as it was the safest place after her life was threatened.
Ziva has grown on me too after Caitlin died.
The series will have to end one day, I want Ziva with Tony, Abby with Mcgee and Gibbs with me grin.

ThwartedbyMum Sun 09-Jun-13 00:16:17

LadyBeagleEyes - Have you seeen the 200th episode in which Gibbs gets to see what would have happend if Kate/Shannon & Kelly hadn't died?

LadyBeagleEyes Sun 09-Jun-13 00:18:51

I don't think I have Thwarted.
I must look it up.

bran Sun 09-Jun-13 00:56:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ThwartedbyMum Sun 09-Jun-13 08:45:01

bran Yes i was never taken with NCIS:LA as its well, so different from NCIS, why did they feel the need to tag them together would have been better as a show in it's own right - that said I do like Hetty!

That was a very good episode! I love Abby.

gazzalw Sun 09-Jun-13 08:52:36

DW loves it: Gibbs and Ducky were in their younger days her absolute heart-throbs in RL. It's great and Abby is just so quirky....

LadyBeagleEyes Sun 09-Jun-13 09:40:52

Ducky, or David Macallum was my first ever crush as Ilya Kuriakin in The Man from Uncle.

qazxc Sun 09-Jun-13 10:05:54

My mind still boggles at the fact that Abby is 47 (IRL)!!!!!!!!!!

LadyBeagleEyes Sun 09-Jun-13 11:10:03

And Mark Harmon has had a long and happy marriage with Mindy from Mork and Mindy hmm envy.

Does anyone know which Sky channel this is on at the moment. Due to life I've not seen it since early last year and I'm not even sure where I'm up to in the series to be honest.
Don't know how I can work it out either. What season are we on now?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now