Doctors Addicts Anonymous Continued - WTF is going on now?

(983 Posts)
MsNobodyAgain Sat 23-Feb-13 17:08:01

For any fans of the weekday soap Doctors (1.45pm, BBC1), the thread title is often what we ask ourselves.

Sometimes it's a WTF episode confused, sometimes it's BAH (boring as hell). Occasionally we have a FTC (failure to care) moment.

But sometimes rarely there is a diamond in the rough that makes us grin

So please join in if you would like to. All welcome. Mrs T is just making a pot of Rrrrrrrrrrrrrred Bush tea.

Raahh Fri 08-Mar-13 22:14:13

Go for it Anne- just don't try to muscle in on the flower arranging- it causes no end of trouble.

AnneEyhtMeyer Fri 08-Mar-13 22:19:07

I had a mole removed once. It was nowhere near as huge as that one. Is your mum ok, Raahh?

I am no good at stuff like flower arranging and I am musically challenged so won't be joining the choir. How can I get the Rev to notice me? Where can I learn to hot-wire a car??

Can I join you? I love doctors and don't know anyone else in rl who even occasionally watches shock

Ooh yes please do cinnamon. Any questions just ask. except for what's going on in any given episode. grin

AnneEyhtMeyer Fri 08-Mar-13 22:54:32

Welcome Cinnamon! I don't think anyone actually admits to watching it in real life, but you are safe here.

AnneEyhtMeyer Sat 09-Mar-13 00:28:38

Just read the spoilers. Looks like the week after next is going to be full of 6tl.

My plea to the producers: Please just let her leave after this storyline. She is bloody awful and dull with it.

I like her but her dh gets on my nerves!

I have read the spoilers. Looks ok.

MsNobodyAgain Sat 09-Mar-13 09:13:00

Welcome cinnamon

Just caught up on the spoilers as I crashed out early last night. Should be an interesting few weeks coming up.

Horsemad Sat 09-Mar-13 09:53:27

I've had a right laugh reading yesterday's posts on this thread!

Haven't seen yesterday's episode, so will try and catch up today.

Welcome cinnamon - always good to have new people join smile

Raahh Sat 09-Mar-13 10:52:11

anne- I fell asleep after posted- she's ok, ad a couple of surgeries, but it's been 10 years. she's not discharged from the hospital, goes every 6 months or so- I think it's because skin cancers are more likely to recur.
cinnamon - welcome aboard!

read the spoilers- not looking forward to a week of 6tl's pained expression.grin

but TRev- OMG![GRIN]

Raahh Sat 09-Mar-13 10:55:13

As for getting your claws into Gordon, Anne- can you rrrrrollllllll your rrrrrrrrrrrr's seductively whilst whipping up a traditional Botswana stew?
That might workgrin

AnneEyhtMeyer Sat 09-Mar-13 16:25:43

That's good, Raahh - amazed how often they are still checking her after 10 years though. That must be reassuring.

As for your comment on rolling my Rs and whipping up a traditional Botswana stew - the sad answer is no. He's not going to be swayed by a roast chicken and gravy granules after that, is he? sad

Raahh Sat 09-Mar-13 17:19:14

I really want Mrs T to have a love life- but it is meant to be with Heston[grumpy]I'm just not sure Gordon is good enough for her. He really just wants some one to clean his pulpit <not a euphemism>grin

Kind of see Mrs T as asexual and found her interest in Heston hard to believe.

Gordon is very strange and the fact he's become so besotted with her so quickly is also creepy, or is it just me?

Exactly cinnamon Gordon is creepy. I wonder if he has skeletons in his closet?
I do not want to see a bedroom scene however tasteful due to it being a daytime soap with Mrs T in it. sad

Welcome Cinnamon, I confessed my Doctors watching amongst friendss recently and someone else admitted to watching too, but the subject hasn't been mentioned again, a bit embarrassing really.

I think Mrs T has hidden depths, she has been married before so has presumably known passion. I agree that the vicar throwing himself at her is a bit creepy, not very professional at all. Maybe he just needs someone to "polish his candlestick".

MsNobodyAgain Sat 09-Mar-13 18:11:33

He does seem to have a bit of stalker on in him <total euphemism>

grin

I'm an occasional watcher (so I don't know who most of the Mill / Campus staff are) but I was shock @ The Only Plod in the Village not realising he was in a gaybar.

And he wouldn't announce he's Old Bill in the middle of a pub on his night off hmm

(The actor who plays GobbyPlod played a policeman in Red Riding .
Completely poles apart to his Doctors character)

toldmywrath Sat 09-Mar-13 20:45:06

whoknows arf at polish his candlestick-but will he take her up the aisle?
Welcome Cinnamon.
Euphemisms are us today!

MsNobodyAgain Sat 09-Mar-13 22:56:09

told shock grin

He was a reformed murderer in Corrie a few years ago, IIRC.

He was WhoKnows he killed Ernest then came back into Emily Bishop's life to gain redemption.

And
(Little Known Fact)
he was in an early episode of Doctors as a step-dad/ mothers boyfriend who gave his step-daughter chlamydia shock

Seems like quite a nice chappie now though

Yes, he hooked up with Eileen, didn't he? The murder of Ernie Bishop is one of my earliest Corrie memories <old>. I think he was in that thing about the women's football team years ago too.

toldmywrath Sun 10-Mar-13 16:48:25

Good memories there Who & 70 ! I watch Corrie but didn't recognise him from it, but I remember it now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now