Lightfields - next weds

(94 Posts)
eminemmerdale Sat 23-Feb-13 14:36:21

For all the 'marchlands' fans - this looks similar. Looking forward to it.

diddl Fri 08-Mar-13 17:56:10

OK, so I think that it was Tom wearing the armband at the funeral?

He asked her out when he knew she was seeing Dwight & not her "approved" fella?

OK, think I´ve got it!

Fiderer Fri 08-Mar-13 18:03:14

He had a black armband, yes. I think he really hoped the Home Guard position and uniform would put him on more of an equal footing with LawBoy and SquareJaw Airman.

Sounds a bit soppy as I felt sorry for him but am also narrowing eyes as it gives him a motive.

diddl Fri 08-Mar-13 18:18:18

I'm wondering if it was somehow an accident that more than one of them contributed to iyswim?

Not sure about the father-maybe just a surly/old fashioned bloke struggling with his teenage daughter growing up & away from him?

But he did seem to know that she was in the barn?

I'm sure that I'll continue to watch to find out "whodunnit"-but perhaps feel afterwards that it was a waste of time overall!

Fiderer has explained it better. I'm on too many threads and not really thinking before I type!

Asheth Thu 14-Mar-13 13:19:03

Is anyone still watching this? I'm still enjoying the mystery, but wish there was some more spooky scenes. Apart from the typewriter thudding away and a bit of humming there was nothing even slightly scarey!

eminemmerdale Thu 14-Mar-13 13:20:55

yes I'm still watching it - it's not ever so spooky is it...

It's not overly spooky, I agree, it's more melancholy really. I think Lucy's death was an accident still, Pip and the (creepy) little girl......or it wasn't an accident and Tom had something to do with it. He loved Lucy, but it wasn't reciprocated. He knew she slept with the American and killed her because she wasn't his innocent Lucy any more, or tried it on and got knocked back again.....or similar, but her creepy Dad.

Fiderer Thu 14-Mar-13 15:19:13

This week's seemed to spend more time on the characters in the 3 stories which I think it needed to given the format. Perhaps that's why the spooky parts seemed so little.

Would have liked more spooky but I don't think we'll get it. Agree with LBA that it's more melancholy.

diddl Thu 14-Mar-13 16:18:54

I'm still watching too!

I'm also wondering if it's an accident.

But for some reason they blame themselves?

But why can't Vivian remember anything-although she lives in the town, so how much would she have had to do with anything??

Seems odd that they would have just started to pretend she hadn't exited though?

Oh well, it isn't real...

Fiderer Thu 14-Mar-13 16:54:30

Crackle
Smoke
Flame
Ghost

BOO

Not too much to ask for? grin

legohamster Fri 15-Mar-13 08:50:31

Think I must have missed a bit somewhere, where did the letters Clare and Vivienne were looking at come from? Also, the boy in the present day, his mum died, do we know how or is this not relevant?

diddl Fri 15-Mar-13 09:05:07

The letters were written to Eve by Pip.

I suppose the "relevance" of Luke's Mum dying might just be that that is how he come's to be living at Lightfields with his GPs-who happen to be Pip's son & DIL?

diddl Fri 15-Mar-13 09:06:31

They had the letters posted to them-by Vivian's husband? as they had come into Vivian's possession since Eve had died.

Asheth Fri 15-Mar-13 10:24:49

We still don't know why Pip and his parents left Lightfields. At the moment it still seems to be business as usual on the farm and there's no mention of them leaving. But Pip told his DIL that they left that year, so something must change their minds soon.

Asheth Thu 21-Mar-13 10:41:56

Oooh a really spooky episode - fantastic. I had shivers down my spine when Pip saw her in flames! But not sure that I like the idea that she's back for revenge. Marchlands was much nicer in that the girl was just looking for her mummy and looking out for the family with the boy with epilepsy. So I hope it turns out that Lucy isn't looking for revenge, especially if it does turn out that it was children messing around with a magnifying glass that caused the fire. I suppose it might be more appropriate if there was malice involved.

Atthewells Thu 21-Mar-13 11:29:38

Definitely more spooky last night. I nearly died when Lucy suddenly appeared and said 'Vivienne'.
Pip seems to be absolutely terrified of her and is sure she is up to no good. Yet they seemed to get on okay when she was alive. I wonder what he knows that hasn't been revealed yet.
I would also like to know how Ruth died. She would only have been in her 40s during the 1970s so she died quite young.

youfhearted Thu 21-Mar-13 19:58:28

the mum and dad wanted to leave, shame that the day forbade mention of the name lucy ever again.

zukiecat Thu 21-Mar-13 21:49:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

XBenedict Thu 21-Mar-13 21:52:36

I think Pip and Vivienne think they started the fire with the magnifying glass. but I wonder if it was just an accident. Is that what Lucy is trying to tell them?

diddl Fri 22-Mar-13 07:16:21

Well Pip seems to be the only one with any guilt!

Maybe Lucy is pissed off that Viv has forgotten her & Pip has denied her for so many years.

But appearing in flames to little Luke isn't very nice!!

What has he done to deserve that?!

And he said that she had flames because "someone set fire to her/burned her"??

Lucy seems angry/vengeful when she appears, which implies her death was deliberate, or she thinks it was. I still think it's Tom, but for some reason Pip and Viv think it's their fault.

boogiewoogie Fri 22-Mar-13 12:28:14

Lucy only appears to Pip, Viv and Luke. I don't think she wants to harm Luke but is perhaps using him to get Pip to tell the truth. I really do hope that there is a twist, it can't be as simple as the two of them setting the barn on fire by accident. Tom also hinted that Viv may have a reason for having a guilty conscience. I wonder whether Pip was blackmailed into keeping quiet by someone especially when he wrote a note to Viv telling her not to tell even if they torture her.

Mamf74 Fri 22-Mar-13 16:32:29

I'm wondering if they Pip and Vivienne saw who did it but were scared into silence at the time. Maybe Lucy is encouraging them to come forward with the name of who did it?

diddl Fri 22-Mar-13 16:48:16

Yes-maybe they know what happened, but don't realise it.

Or have different bits of the puzzle.

Don't really want it to be anyone, though!

TuesdayNightDateNight Wed 27-Mar-13 21:41:55

Anyone watching? It's getting a teeny bit daft confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now