Corrie queens gather round.

(998 Posts)
Bakingnovice Thu 14-Feb-13 11:44:39

Have started a new thread as the old one won't accept my message. So I'll repost it here:

Fuzz has form for being beyond thick. Remember the whole stape thing? Her character is just incredibly stupid. You'd think she would learn her lesson. Running away 'on a fishing boat' with £200 is like a story from a 16th century novel.

Re the abduction I think they were wrong. Lots of mums keeps kids from fathers for all manner of selfish reasons and abduction is not the answer. However I do think ty was desperate. But why won't he just let the court decide ffs. He's got loads of evidence. I'm getting to the point in this story where I'm actually ready to punch him myself! In fact have felt a tiny bit sorry for k when they stole ruby. Surely the writers can't have intended for this to happen? God knows. Im away next week so hopefully I'll miss the stupid court stuff and be back for some proper corrie storylines.

whatkungfuthat Sun 03-Mar-13 15:59:40

I can't remember him leaving, who did he marry?

He married that policewoman, Emma was it? Short dark hair.

whatkungfuthat Sun 03-Mar-13 16:35:04

Ah yes, I remember now. Thanks

theliverpoolone Sun 03-Mar-13 17:26:29

Didnt Curly track down Raquel one time and find she'd had his child? Was that before or after he married the policewoman?

whatkungfuthat Sun 03-Mar-13 18:27:50

One of the Raquel stories that sticks in my memory is when the evil barmaid who ran off with Bet Lynch's cowboy lorry driver told her she had answered the phone and Raquel had a modelling booking at Armani. She sent her to R Marney the fishmonger.

LineRunner Sun 03-Mar-13 19:29:58

Curly was a mess at the end. The actor could barely speak coherently. A bit like Dev's worst moments.

Bakingnovice Sun 03-Mar-13 19:41:28

Why????? Why curly??? He was incomprehensible at the end ffs.

LineRunner Sun 03-Mar-13 19:42:38

I presume he has now 'cleaned up his act'. But I don't have happy memories.

Bakingnovice Sun 03-Mar-13 19:54:48

And why? I mean he was hardly a great big character was he? He was a bit of a bumbling fool. Why don't they give better stories to the good characters like Steve/ Eric/ Audrey/ Roy/ silva/ rita Emily etc. instead we get farking faye, Anna, Owen, tim, Stella, Karl, Mandy Jenna etc.

LineRunner Sun 03-Mar-13 19:58:32

Eric's dead, Baking. Timothy West's agent got him out of there early, in a heroic rescue.

I agree I want to see more of Steve, Audrey, Roy etc.

Bakingnovice Sun 03-Mar-13 21:42:15

Less kylie please. Less of everyone else. No more affairs. No surrogacy. The kylie thing was ridic. She falls badly, ruptures spleen and bleeds internally enough to need surgery. But like Sophie/ Peter and anyone else who ends up in weather field general, she wakes up fine. What's more, baby is fine too. This wads good chance to lose the baby storyline. I can't bear this story and they obviously want to drag it on till Xmas. And I hate the way they try and show kylie as a good character. She's a terrible mum, she's a little tart who has no loyalty to anyone.

I know I say this every week, but I'm seriously thinking of having Scottie break. Can't blame Eric for legging it outta there

Bakingnovice Sun 03-Mar-13 21:43:09

Scottie break? Wtf is that. Having a corrie break it should say.

I never liked Curly, at best he was a good foil for Reg Holdsworth (who I didn't like either).

More Steve (but less Michelle)
More Lloyd (but less Mandy)
More Roy, Hayley, Mary, Norris and Silvia
More Rita and Emily

Less Platts etc (all of them except Audrey)
Less Alahans - did i see somewhere that Sunita was being written out again?
Less Owen and clan

Eileen and Julie to see the light over Kirsty ASAP and return to being likeable characters. The whole Ty storyline to be sorted ASAP too.

LineRunner Sun 03-Mar-13 21:57:29

Oh and get shot of Karl. And Rob.

Bakingnovice Sun 03-Mar-13 21:59:19

And Ryan. And fuzz.

LineRunner Sun 03-Mar-13 22:12:28

If they got rid of all the peripheral annoyances, maybe the great characters could have some storylines again.

PaintedBottom Tue 05-Mar-13 23:21:32

Steve's hat grin grin

PaintedBottom Tue 05-Mar-13 23:36:22

Helloooooo <echo>

Where is everyone....have you all disappeared to the place where the soap kids go? <lonely>

ajandjjmum Tue 05-Mar-13 23:49:14

Thank goodness the Tyrone/Kirsty storyline is coming to an end, but I've almost lost interest.

PaintedBottom Wed 06-Mar-13 00:02:37

Hello aj, I've been all alone here for the last few days <passes a hotpot>

I agree with the Kirsty thing.....I'm so glad it's ending....it's starting to get tedious!

I've said before, but Katie's bloody friend....F...A...K...E... hmm

whatkungfuthat Wed 06-Mar-13 07:54:22

Katie's friend is probably just there to drive Katie into Ryan's arms. I haven't seen the 8.30 ep from Monday yet but I can guess what happened. I don't think the trial is for a few weeks yet, yawn

PaintedBottom Wed 06-Mar-13 10:37:29

whatkungfuthat have you seen that they've filmed two endings for the court case verdict? I'm almost dreading it as I have a feeling I know how it's going to end sad

whatkungfuthat Wed 06-Mar-13 12:17:37

I did, but I think I know which one they will use. I don't think they will be that EE-style controversial iyswim? Why didn't Fuzz and the Orange One tell the Kirsty's mum they had seen the bruises and describe the incidents?

ajandjjmum Wed 06-Mar-13 12:57:53

Despite her apparent defence of Kirsty, her Mum obviously knows her better than we all thought <<<must remember it's only a story>>>

LeeCoakley Wed 06-Mar-13 18:21:07

The only thing I'm enjoying at the moment is there is hardly any Deirdre/Ken/Tracey/Peter/Simon action.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now