Corrie queens gather round.

(998 Posts)
Bakingnovice Thu 14-Feb-13 11:44:39

Have started a new thread as the old one won't accept my message. So I'll repost it here:

Fuzz has form for being beyond thick. Remember the whole stape thing? Her character is just incredibly stupid. You'd think she would learn her lesson. Running away 'on a fishing boat' with £200 is like a story from a 16th century novel.

Re the abduction I think they were wrong. Lots of mums keeps kids from fathers for all manner of selfish reasons and abduction is not the answer. However I do think ty was desperate. But why won't he just let the court decide ffs. He's got loads of evidence. I'm getting to the point in this story where I'm actually ready to punch him myself! In fact have felt a tiny bit sorry for k when they stole ruby. Surely the writers can't have intended for this to happen? God knows. Im away next week so hopefully I'll miss the stupid court stuff and be back for some proper corrie storylines.

FannyMcNally Wed 01-May-13 15:58:36

I wonder 'where he'll be' when Deirdre starts sleeping with Rob. Some emergency up in Scotland with his daughter?

Must admit I got a little choked up with Paul and Eileen. So now what's going to happen? Is he still going to leave and break her heart again? <yawn>

MrsSalvoMontalbano Wed 01-May-13 16:12:47

WKWTTG shock shock shock

ProfYaffle Wed 01-May-13 16:13:17

He'll probably be 'at the library' for months and no-one will notice. Like an homage to Tracy and her tapes.

LineRunner Wed 01-May-13 16:53:06

Possibly getting his car fixed?

He isn't in it very much at the moment anyway, Ken that is.

Yes, even though I'm not keen on Paul, I was glad to see him come back to Eileen. How old do you think he's meant to be, he looks a lot younger than Eileen.

whatkungfuthat Wed 01-May-13 19:49:20

If I were Eileen I would have had the bacon sandwich, as long as there was air freshener

HeavenlyYoni Wed 01-May-13 20:50:44

It's on the bbc breaking news that Ken has been charged shock

UseHerName Wed 01-May-13 20:52:30

steve taking the proverbial out of paul was very droll-d'ya think he's a mumsnetter? grin

KenDoddsDadsDog Wed 01-May-13 21:14:33

Did Paul come back then ? What happened ?

Sleepyfergus Thu 02-May-13 07:52:17

KenDodd - Eilean had a last minute impulse dash to the train station and just missed Paul. The train was pulling out the station and she was running alongside the train shouting to him, he saw her and just gormlessly stared back. Cue Eilean back on the street, sitting on the bench outside 'Audreys' looking at a worn photo of them both when her phone rings. It's Paul. She answers, a bit surprised, and then he's back, walking towards her, smiling and saying he couldn't leave (whilst still on the phone -cheesey!) Hugs, kisses, all lovey dovey.

It brought a tear to a glass eye.

Chipstick10 Thu 02-May-13 08:15:10

Paul makes me feel a bit shivery, like I'm going to vom in my mouth.

whatkungfuthat Thu 02-May-13 09:43:11

Everything about Paul is oily, as is Tracey's hair in every scene at the moment. Why does she have to murder every line with overacting? I wish they would get rid of her again, she serves no purpose and makes me stabby

KenDoddsDadsDog Thu 02-May-13 13:08:57

Thanks SleepyFergus!!

Chipstick10 Thu 02-May-13 16:13:51

Totally agree about Tracy's hair. Whats going on with it? Her acting has always been hammy. Like Janine in ee she pulls the same villainous faces and it's the same old same old. It's like what can they get her to do next! Both have already murdered (and that's just the acting). I wish they would both bugger off. The ee producers love Charlie brooks and seem to think we all do as well. I must assume that's the same with kate ford. I mean look how they seem to love the dreadful Anthony cotton, and from the tweets and forums I've read, the public don't feel the same.
I'm sure kate and Charlie are lovely but the characters they play and the lack of acting ability is pitiful.

Crutchlow35 Thu 02-May-13 17:43:15

Producers are now writing ken out of the soap until issues are resolved.

There are going to be hardly any older male characters left at this rate!

I just hope the actor who plays Norris hasn't been up to nasty stuff...

MrsSalvoMontalbano Thu 02-May-13 19:59:34

Fanny I do love your casual 'when D starts sleeping with Rob' yes please! we need a bit of comic relief, that would get me watching again. After all there was (1) the turkish guy who gave our Tracey the kidney (2) Dev, so Rob would be pretty much same as - Fanny are you a scriptwriter ? grin

thenightsky Fri 03-May-13 21:36:24

Just wikipedia'd Michelle Collins (Stella). Am shocked to find she is my age. I am VERY jealous of her arms and general lack of bingo wings envy

JulieCarp Fri 03-May-13 21:50:49

Please let Stella find out what Karl has done and get rid before he nicks all Leanes money - pleeeaaase .
Ugh cant stand Pauls pink face and goppy mouth -Yuk

Chipstick10 Fri 03-May-13 22:41:48

Yuk, yy to Paul's mouth, he makes me vom.

Sleepyfergus Fri 03-May-13 22:56:28

Oooh fiesty Leanne. I did like her ultimatum tonight.

So bored of the bookies non-drama. And what shit signage - vair tacky!

thenightsky Fri 03-May-13 23:11:34

Yes, Leanne played a blinder with that him or me ting!

Sleepyfergus Sat 04-May-13 02:37:03

I thought Leanne got £20K from Carla for the bookies....? Is that right? If so, that certainly isn't enough to build the new pub loos, let alone the whole pub!

JulieCarp Sat 04-May-13 09:53:29

Not sure that we heard how much just that Leanne got a good price. Mind you I might have missed it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now