Corrie queens gather round.

(998 Posts)
Bakingnovice Thu 14-Feb-13 11:44:39

Have started a new thread as the old one won't accept my message. So I'll repost it here:

Fuzz has form for being beyond thick. Remember the whole stape thing? Her character is just incredibly stupid. You'd think she would learn her lesson. Running away 'on a fishing boat' with £200 is like a story from a 16th century novel.

Re the abduction I think they were wrong. Lots of mums keeps kids from fathers for all manner of selfish reasons and abduction is not the answer. However I do think ty was desperate. But why won't he just let the court decide ffs. He's got loads of evidence. I'm getting to the point in this story where I'm actually ready to punch him myself! In fact have felt a tiny bit sorry for k when they stole ruby. Surely the writers can't have intended for this to happen? God knows. Im away next week so hopefully I'll miss the stupid court stuff and be back for some proper corrie storylines.

Leanne was cringey but part of me was definitely cheering her on. Very odd that Carla and Peter would go to the Bistro that night though, I know the Rovers is closed but there are other bars and cafes.

Yes to Gary being creepy, don't like this development at all. As for Faye, just get rid!

Sleepyfergus Sun 28-Apr-13 17:35:50

Totally agree re Gary, he's boke horrid.

Our Tommy's turning into a bit of a soothsayer though....he was right about Kirsty, he's right about Gary....<eerie>

(Okay, only 2 things, but still....)

Clawdy Sun 28-Apr-13 19:47:30

However annoying Leanne is,I still want her to get the better of the dreadful Peter and Carla. I am always on her side!

sunlightonthegrass Sun 28-Apr-13 19:47:36

I absolutely cringe when Michelle talks to Ryan. Can you imagine having a son in his early twenties and ordering him around re his love life as if she's scolding him for playing kiss chase with little girls in the infant school playground.

Um - is Tommy working? How is he affording to drink in the bistro when he hasn't to my knowledge even got a job?

qazxc Sun 28-Apr-13 21:10:33

if gary and tina go on to have their own child will it be entirely orange? what with his hair and her radioactive complection.

ajandjjmum Sun 28-Apr-13 21:58:31

Wasn't Tommy at the garage in a scene on Friday? Presumably Kevin was hidden away in the office!!!

PaintedBottom Mon 29-Apr-13 01:20:30

qazxc grin

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 29-Apr-13 10:16:49

Ny of you lovely ladies know when Corrie is on this week? Think there is another football match on instead tonight.

thenightsky Mon 29-Apr-13 13:23:45

According to the paper, its at the normal times of 7.30 and 8.30 tonight.

JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 29-Apr-13 14:59:55

It probably is, our sky TV guide has been known to lie before! grin

sensesworkingovertime Mon 29-Apr-13 16:44:21

You lot have got me howling, face like a malaevolent leprechaun that's just hilarious and so true, he has a really weird way of staring into space rather than at the person he is talking to.

Why does Tina wear an extremely white coat when she works at a building site office, did you see that tub of black paint she was trying to get the lid off? Presumably it's to show off her lovely wink orangeness.

zukiecat Mon 29-Apr-13 20:34:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LineRunner Mon 29-Apr-13 20:50:45

If they have now written Paul back in, I bet that's our fault.

FannyMcNally Mon 29-Apr-13 20:53:41

I felt embarrassed for Sally having to tell us why Kev wasn't there, seeing as we all know the real reason.

Yukky Karl I HATE you. Please get found out soon otherwise I'm going to stop watching.

Oh god, more flirting between Ryan and Deirdre.... squirty cream blush

FannyMcNally Mon 29-Apr-13 20:55:02

Not Ryan I meant the brother! Can't remember his name!

Sleepyfergus Mon 29-Apr-13 21:57:29

Loved Steve and Lloyd chatting with Eilean about not liking Paul...."his buff and navy bomber jackets"

I liked Paul, then went off him a bit, but I do like to see E happy, so I'm glad he's back for now anyway

Agree, Karl is horrid.

LineRunner Mon 29-Apr-13 22:16:56

I reckon they got the Paul insults off this thread.

Ellenora5 Mon 29-Apr-13 23:17:47

So does this mean that Julie and Eileen won't be heading off on holiday, I suppose she will go with Brain and that will be how they write the two of them out of the show. I was in stitches at that line Sleepyfergus, buff or biscuit, and he's right I hate that jacket. Rob is a creep, him and Tracey are well suited. Ken has got the measure of him though. Bet he fleeces the bookies, Peter will be left pennyless and go back on the drink. Leanne will save him and she will leave Nick because at the same time it will all come out about Nick and Kylie.

ClartyCarol Mon 29-Apr-13 23:42:08

Heehee, pleased I gave a couple of you a laugh with the Gary-the-leprechaun comment grin. I see Izzy has been at the Botox again.

Agree it was very cringey when they were discussing Kevin going away "He doesn't know when he'll be back depends if he gets off or not, watch this space."

Zukiecat - what's the spoiler re the pub, if you don't mind sharing? Do the insurance company reject the claim, all linked to the mysterious letter St.Ella kept stuffing out of sight?

Oh yes, Steve was hilarious with the buff bomber jackets; loved the Lucky Man rendition in the bookies last week as well. He and Lloyd (with Eileen) are comedy gold.

I would do rather like Rob. Wtf does he see in Tracy?

Viviennemary Tue 30-Apr-13 09:50:08

I thought the Eileen and Paul thing was really sweet. And I'm usually quite hard hearted!

ProfYaffle Tue 30-Apr-13 09:51:43

I can't get the words 'trouser smell' out of my head whenever I see Paul. I'm quite repulsed by him now!

theliverpoolone Tue 30-Apr-13 10:35:49

The holiday was originally Eileen and Paul's though, so really they should now be heading off on it . Maybe Julie will be so gutted that Eileen sells it to them - although in rl Brian wouldnt get leave during term time hmm

sensesworkingovertime Tue 30-Apr-13 11:40:07

As much as Paul annoys me (does he not possess the ability to CLOSE his mouth when he's not speaking, it droops open like Scoobydo eyeing up a sausage) I am glad he is back just to stop Eileen wallowing in pity. Now they can bugger off to Egypt for 2 months or however long the actors want a break for.

Rob, Peter, Tracy, toxic toxic toxic. Is the bookies going to become Mini Vegas now?

MrsSalvoMontalbano Tue 30-Apr-13 13:18:41

Prof me too!! cannot bear to look at the guy now - that nomenclature has stuck!!

Bill Roache has been arrested on suspicion of rape. Arrest. After that interview a few weeks ago where he appeared to be defending sex abusers somehow this doesn't surprise me sad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now