Corrie queens gather round.

(998 Posts)
Bakingnovice Thu 14-Feb-13 11:44:39

Have started a new thread as the old one won't accept my message. So I'll repost it here:

Fuzz has form for being beyond thick. Remember the whole stape thing? Her character is just incredibly stupid. You'd think she would learn her lesson. Running away 'on a fishing boat' with £200 is like a story from a 16th century novel.

Re the abduction I think they were wrong. Lots of mums keeps kids from fathers for all manner of selfish reasons and abduction is not the answer. However I do think ty was desperate. But why won't he just let the court decide ffs. He's got loads of evidence. I'm getting to the point in this story where I'm actually ready to punch him myself! In fact have felt a tiny bit sorry for k when they stole ruby. Surely the writers can't have intended for this to happen? God knows. Im away next week so hopefully I'll miss the stupid court stuff and be back for some proper corrie storylines.

BastardDog Sat 20-Apr-13 08:35:40

I thought Tina looked like an Afghan Hound last night.

Comedy gold maybe, but putting two children who have had as much upheaval in their lives as those two in the care of Mad Mary, with her form for kidnapping and obsessive behaviour and no childcare qualifications or experience seems ridiculous even for Corrie.

I felt sorry for Anna too, but if she'd get rid of Owen I think her relationship with Faye would stand a much better chance. She can't though can she, she's not cut out for life as a single person and he is her landlord.

Sleepyfergus Sat 20-Apr-13 08:54:51

Well of course WhoKnows, but that's all conveniently forgotten and I think they'll show a softer side to Mary.

<not RL, not RL>

I do think Mary is a great character, but (and I know it's not real!) sometimes I really want to bang my head against a wall with the craziness of the plotlines.

ChocsAwayInMyGob Sat 20-Apr-13 09:58:51

The role that Patti Clare was born to play is the woman out of Misery. I think there's a stage version. That role is hers.

Crutchlow35 Sat 20-Apr-13 10:23:40

Just been announced Michele keegan, aka Tina is leaving next year.

Bakingnovice Sat 20-Apr-13 10:43:19

I knew it!! I called it first on this thread. I said she was getting veneers lips and Botox done do she could go do the pilot season in LA. sad really as she is naturally stunning but looks terrible now.

I like Mary too. But corrie do seem to veer off into ridiculousness every now and then. Like the storyline of her and Norris on that runaway train at someone's wedding a few years ago.

MortifiedAdams Sat 20-Apr-13 18:24:09

Ill be glad to see the back of her stupid forehead ponytail, if im.honest.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 20-Apr-13 20:33:07

What's she doing a pilot of?

ChocsAwayInMyGob Sat 20-Apr-13 20:47:06

I read she wanted to do period drama, in the vein of Downton Abbey and its ilk.

Sleepyfergus Sat 20-Apr-13 20:51:13

Do they wear big hoop earrings and fake tan in period dramas....? wink

ChocsAwayInMyGob Sat 20-Apr-13 20:54:24

Sleepy- she'll have a shock when she'll have to let the tan wear off to get the part.

When she and David were dating on Corrie, they both looked like they'd just got back from a month in Dubai during hot season. It was getting ridiculous!

ClartyCarol Sat 20-Apr-13 21:21:27

What's the betting Mary turns up on hid first day of nannying with a frock coat, carpet bag and umbrella?!

I wonder if Tina will leave with her tail between her legs after some scandal involving Gary. Poor Tommy will be bereft, but maybe he can then set his sights higher at Katy, he obviously has taken a while to notice her after being blinded by Tina's teeth for so long. I think Owen is definitely clocking on about Gary being just a tad too attentive towards her.

ChocsAwayInMyGob Sun 21-Apr-13 10:22:31

Clarty, I agree, Owen doesn't like this attention to Tina does he?

ajandjjmum Sun 21-Apr-13 14:18:29

TBF I don't think anyone would like to see their DD's partner making cow eyes at another woman - particularly under these circumstances! I don't hate Owen though! grin

ClartyCarol Sun 21-Apr-13 22:54:20

I remember when Gary first moved into the Street, he made a beeline for Tina; partly to wind David up, and for the most part because he fancied her rotten. So I think there's always been an attraction there for him, and now she's carrying his baby...

Owen's not daft is he? I predict trouble ahead.

thenightsky Sun 21-Apr-13 22:57:01

ClartyCarol I hope the script writers remember that. In theory Tina should hate Gary given the part him and his family played in the destruction of her father.

ClartyCarol Sun 21-Apr-13 23:06:54

Yes, you're right. Tina never stopped ranting to Tommy about the loan shark, but the Windasses were hardly whiter than white when they ripped off a desperate Joe re the kitchen. I still remember Anna waving a sausage on a fork in his face back when she was as rough as a badger's arse, and not the fabulously warm, caring, lovable pillar of the community she's portrayed as these days.

thenightsky Sun 21-Apr-13 23:23:47

pisses me right off how the baddies always undergo a personality change. Remember Leanne's family? They were viler than vile, then suddenly its all warm and fuzzy. Rinse and repeat for Windass family.

Lighthousekeeping Mon 22-Apr-13 20:04:36

Tell me Carla hasn't sold her flat to live above the bookies?

Lighthousekeeping Mon 22-Apr-13 20:05:46

Oh and has Leanne adopted Simon?

whatkungfuthat Mon 22-Apr-13 20:07:41

I think she sold the flat because it was where she was raped.

Sleepyfergus Mon 22-Apr-13 20:27:29

What is Tina doing with the Vicky Pollard turfy pony tail sticking up at the top of her head. Nasty!

Couldn't stand to have Gary touching me...does he think he's going to be doing that at the birth? Poor Izzie. But what a shit midwife not acknowledging her at all.

Clawdy Mon 22-Apr-13 20:50:46

Wow, Mary really IS Mary Poppins! Sudden change to a sensitive caring person!! Just like that...

Sleepyfergus Mon 22-Apr-13 20:50:46

Tufty, not turfy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now