Corrie queens gather round.

(998 Posts)
Bakingnovice Thu 14-Feb-13 11:44:39

Have started a new thread as the old one won't accept my message. So I'll repost it here:

Fuzz has form for being beyond thick. Remember the whole stape thing? Her character is just incredibly stupid. You'd think she would learn her lesson. Running away 'on a fishing boat' with £200 is like a story from a 16th century novel.

Re the abduction I think they were wrong. Lots of mums keeps kids from fathers for all manner of selfish reasons and abduction is not the answer. However I do think ty was desperate. But why won't he just let the court decide ffs. He's got loads of evidence. I'm getting to the point in this story where I'm actually ready to punch him myself! In fact have felt a tiny bit sorry for k when they stole ruby. Surely the writers can't have intended for this to happen? God knows. Im away next week so hopefully I'll miss the stupid court stuff and be back for some proper corrie storylines.

Bakingnovice Wed 10-Apr-13 21:45:23

I think cindy is a mumsnetter too. She's been wearing the mumsnet leopard print scarf. I think the looking up at the rovers with tears and saying 'how much she misses that place' is a bit far fetched seeing as she's been in it two minutes!

MrsSalvoMontalbano Thu 11-Apr-13 08:37:27

frisky yes, love that Gloria line re Asda & Aldi! She gets good lines - d'you think its in her contract? grin

ChocsAwayInMyGob Thu 11-Apr-13 18:14:00

Slight change of subject- Gary's crush on Tina- that could get complicated!

MortifiedAdams Thu 11-Apr-13 20:11:39

Glo or a writer must be a MNer to totally steal Aldi and Asda!

lovelychops Fri 12-Apr-13 20:05:28

Bloody hell Tina could have taken her hands out of her pockets at the funeral, looked a bit rude!

JulieCarp Fri 12-Apr-13 20:09:57

Oh god Dev sad have come to the conclusion that the actor isnt crap -he is playing an emotionally incontinent man. Yep he is Dev and he is a tit but he got me sad

candodad Fri 12-Apr-13 20:31:00

I did it Stella it was me

Followed after the break by
"dont be silly its not"
queue ten weeks of crap emotional knot tying

whatkungfuthat Fri 12-Apr-13 20:32:35

If that was the confession it was shaite

JulieCarp Fri 12-Apr-13 20:34:52

Unless Karl tops himself because of the guilt # hopeful grin

JulieCarp Fri 12-Apr-13 20:38:29

Has Steeeeeve had a hair transplant ?
that triangle (arf) bit at the front is a different colour to the rest.

LeeCoakley Fri 12-Apr-13 20:42:47

My thoughts exactly! Is that the 'confession' we've all been waiting for? Rubbish! Come on, police, find a clue! Nail the bastard!

Tim - was he over the top calling Chesney an idiot? Are we going to be drip-fed snippets of Tim not being the saint Faye thinks he is? Hope not, I hate valuable viewing time devoted to that family.

whatkungfuthat Fri 12-Apr-13 20:46:07

Oh no, a scene!

whatkungfuthat Fri 12-Apr-13 20:47:40

Well THAT was rubbish, she could have punched him in his stupid head

Aspiemum2 Fri 12-Apr-13 20:50:46

Yes I think they're going somewhere with the tim storyline confused. God he's a shit character and its a crappy boring storyline that I can't bring myself to care about. Same with izzy/Tina/Gary
Coronation street used to be the funny soap, lighthearted compared to the likes of eastenders and brook side. I've watched it for far too long but am rapidly going off it

JulieCarp Fri 12-Apr-13 20:51:13

"She thought she could win me round with a cuppa tea and a cheese burger" grin
Ches you arent going to get a better offer are you luv ?

Lighthousekeeping Fri 12-Apr-13 21:08:34

Remind me how many women Dev has been through and how many children they have bore him? I know it was a storyline years ago.

JulieCarp Fri 12-Apr-13 21:20:39

Blimey lighthouse - a few !
I remember Tracey Barlow, Deidre Barlow ( bleaches brain) Tara - very pretty, Sunita but he has a few other children including Amber by past loves .Its the crying Im telling you it gets them all wink

Lighthousekeeping Fri 12-Apr-13 21:29:19

It's doing my head in.

I can't stand the fireman and now Eileen by proxy.

Cindy getting back with what's his face its ridiculous. I feel like googling for spoilers as I don't have the patience. It's really gone off the boil.

JulieCarp Fri 12-Apr-13 21:32:35

I want Jason to find out what Karl did and come in a tell Stella and then snog her (my)face off - oh yes !blush

Lighthousekeeping Fri 12-Apr-13 21:38:13

At this late stage, how will he be found out? I just don't see it.

Bakingnovice Fri 12-Apr-13 21:47:24

Lighthouse I'm the same. Hating Eileen cos I hate fireman.

Why are they devoting time to tim? Why would we be interested in Faye's sad when we all unanimously hate Faye?!!

Karl story a joke. As if you can just walk into an icu unit. Or any unit. Don't the writers know that critical wards in hospitals are locked and you're lucky if you get in at all. Absolutely ridiculous.

Bakingnovice Fri 12-Apr-13 21:48:08

Faye's dad not sad. Although the pair of them are sad twats. So is Anna. And Owen. And izzy, Gary.....

Clawdy Fri 12-Apr-13 22:29:37

No way would Sunitta's aunts not be there. And what on earth was the Steve's button bit supposed to be about??

lovelychops Fri 12-Apr-13 22:53:58

Was the thing about Steve's button written in so they could skip large chunks of Dev's 'acting' ?

What's going to be the deal with Faye's dad? Not that i care much she's the most dislikable child (after the little shit that is Simon).

theliverpoolone Fri 12-Apr-13 22:58:19

I'd have thought Emily and Rita would have gone to Sunita's funeral. I agree its not believable that not one member of her family would go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now