Corrie queens gather round.

(998 Posts)
Bakingnovice Thu 14-Feb-13 11:44:39

Have started a new thread as the old one won't accept my message. So I'll repost it here:

Fuzz has form for being beyond thick. Remember the whole stape thing? Her character is just incredibly stupid. You'd think she would learn her lesson. Running away 'on a fishing boat' with £200 is like a story from a 16th century novel.

Re the abduction I think they were wrong. Lots of mums keeps kids from fathers for all manner of selfish reasons and abduction is not the answer. However I do think ty was desperate. But why won't he just let the court decide ffs. He's got loads of evidence. I'm getting to the point in this story where I'm actually ready to punch him myself! In fact have felt a tiny bit sorry for k when they stole ruby. Surely the writers can't have intended for this to happen? God knows. Im away next week so hopefully I'll miss the stupid court stuff and be back for some proper corrie storylines.

whatkungfuthat Thu 04-Apr-13 09:58:45

I am confused (again), didn't Gloria say something to Karl about him only just seeing Sunita that day? If that is right then surely he will under suspicion as no one else saw him there? Just not sure how they are going to find him out and its maddening <goes off for a peek at Digital Spy>

thenightsky Thu 04-Apr-13 10:29:25

I had to go out when Dev started on the old 'Not My Sunita' angst. My cringe-ometer went off the scale grin

LeeCoakley Thu 04-Apr-13 12:43:17

When he said the Sunita, 'it's Devendra here' I wondered if he'd forgotten that they already knew each other! He'd be good as a smarmy criminal character but he's rubbish as a softie. Maybe he will die of a broken heart and that will be the end of 'her Dev'.

Bakingnovice Thu 04-Apr-13 13:58:39

I really hope they don't drag it out. The trial was bizarre in itself, but seeing that miscarriage of justice juxtaposed with another unfolding miscarriage of justice (Karl sunita) was odd and maddening. And how many times is Stella going to nearly die ffs??!!!!

Not Real. Not Real

It's a bit hmm when someone (Karl) can just wander in with the 2 police outside, the hospital staff don't question. And he can tamper with medical equipment.

And are Gary?Tina going to become an item as time goes by.

Tina- he used to be a right little shit. Watch some of the early Windass episodes when they were conning Tina's dad (kitchen installation) out of the money for the bespoke kitchen he fitted.

Such short memories they have unlike me who bears grudges

LeeCoakley Thu 04-Apr-13 15:25:21

Agree. I can't forgive Owen for treating Eileen so badly even though it was ages ago. They're all wolves in sheeps' clothing.

Numberlock Thu 04-Apr-13 16:57:21

what. I think Gloria said that Karl only just say the (crap acting) kids that day, not Sunita.

beeny Thu 04-Apr-13 17:02:37

I agree 70Lisa I need to live in soapland,I have hundreds of grudges.

JulieCarp Thu 04-Apr-13 18:02:14

OMG shock cant believe it - had just said to DH wouldnt it be unrealistic if Karl got to Sunita ...NOOOOOOO!

if Sunita accidently knocked out her ET tube and disconnected the vent there would be hell to pay and a huge inquiry.She would have been having one to one care.
Actually feel a bit sorry for poor old Dev ... cue lots of Dev weeeeeeeping for the next 3 months.

JulieCarp Thu 04-Apr-13 18:03:22

Hmmm dont suppose there was CCTV was there ?hmm

ajandjjmum Thu 04-Apr-13 18:17:31

So hope there was, and that the footage of Carl sneaking in is found tomorrow night - I can't stand another long drawn out crap storyline.

ProfYaffle Thu 04-Apr-13 18:23:00

Hear hear aj, let us enjoy the blessed relief of the Kirsty storyline staggering to it's end. I really hope Corrie ups it's game and soon. I've watched it for about 30 years and am coming close to giving up on it at the moment.

Lighthousekeeping Thu 04-Apr-13 18:44:20

I wonder how he killed her? It was very quick! Surely it would've alarmed straight away? Carl needs to be sorted out quickly. I can't face another drawn out drama. Is Tina a part of the baby or is it Izzy's egg?

LeeCoakley Thu 04-Apr-13 19:01:42

I don't feel very comfortable with the Kirsty outcome anyway. If she hadn't owned up would Tyrone have been found guilty? Not very satisfactory especially if people are watching who are in the same position themselves. Now we have Karl who MUST be found out soon, this is such an unlikely scenario (the access to Sunita and sneaking out and also his split second timing that provided him with an alibi on the night of the fire) that nothing can be gained from weeks of him being a hero when we ALL know he is a liar and a cold-blooded murderer. Also I feel that Jason is becoming another TommyTina, where everything he does goes wrong. Actually I don't know why I watch it, I'm not enjoying any of it at the moment!

JulieCarp Thu 04-Apr-13 20:15:07

Maybe they suspect Dev,check CCTV and spot Karl#hopeful#
Aww poor Jason ,he can rest his head on my bosom and console himself wink he likes a more mature woman grin

Gingerdodger Thu 04-Apr-13 20:36:52

Karl story is rubbish.

What did Tyrone mean about seeing Kirsty for what she was? Couldn't work out if he was meaning positively as he looked so grim. Will Kirsty just be completely forgotten even though really she would want to maintain some kind of contact?

Love Sylvia though.

Bakingnovice Thu 04-Apr-13 21:10:16

Prof I'm with you. Struggling to stay loyal when there are so so many crap storylines running concurrently. The only storyline I've half enjoyed recently is Lewis and his dastardliness. The Karl thing is awful. As of you could set fire to a pub, have a conversation in the burning cellar and waltz back to the bistro and not smell of smoke?! And his trips to sunita! Very very poor writing.

whatkungfuthat Thu 04-Apr-13 22:26:15

I was confused about what Tyrone said to Kirsty too, and surely she would be entitled to some sort of visitation as she is currently the only one with parental responsibility? The Sylvia/hashcake thing is giving me the rage and the only interesting thing about the surrogate baby thing is how the botox is wearing off in Izzy's forehead and making her look like Worf from Star Trek.

Nd what about tyrones proof of parentage?

EllieArroway Fri 05-Apr-13 19:39:34

Erm......Gary and Tina. Is that heading in the direction that it seems to be?

EllieArroway Fri 05-Apr-13 19:41:44

Sorry - can someone remind me.....is Izzy the biological mother? Or is it Tina?

Viviennemary Fri 05-Apr-13 19:46:48

I thought Izzy was. But not 100% sure. I read something about Tina and Gary getting together but not sure if that's true or not. And I've always had my doubts that Tyrone is Ruby's father. Sylvia is the best new character for years.

whatkungfuthat Fri 05-Apr-13 19:46:58

Def. Izzy, I remember the storyline

ProfYaffle Fri 05-Apr-13 20:14:00

Thanks to kungfu I've spent the last half hour gazing intently at izzy's forehead! grin

LeeCoakley Fri 05-Apr-13 20:56:00

I so wanted Jason to punch him then

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now