Corrie queens gather round.

(998 Posts)
Bakingnovice Thu 14-Feb-13 11:44:39

Have started a new thread as the old one won't accept my message. So I'll repost it here:

Fuzz has form for being beyond thick. Remember the whole stape thing? Her character is just incredibly stupid. You'd think she would learn her lesson. Running away 'on a fishing boat' with £200 is like a story from a 16th century novel.

Re the abduction I think they were wrong. Lots of mums keeps kids from fathers for all manner of selfish reasons and abduction is not the answer. However I do think ty was desperate. But why won't he just let the court decide ffs. He's got loads of evidence. I'm getting to the point in this story where I'm actually ready to punch him myself! In fact have felt a tiny bit sorry for k when they stole ruby. Surely the writers can't have intended for this to happen? God knows. Im away next week so hopefully I'll miss the stupid court stuff and be back for some proper corrie storylines.

vivienne, Roys mum fab, but Roy with his purse just cracks me upgrin

JulieCarp Sat 30-Mar-13 21:41:21

Brian is being written out -Nooooooo!shock
Paul has a very strange mouth - sort of fleshy like Prof Brian Cox~shudder~
He is way too wet for Eileen. Hopeful that he will find out Karl set fire to the Rovers and Karl will have to beat him to death to stop it coming out grin

WhoKnowsWhereTheChocolateGoes Sat 30-Mar-13 21:45:13

Brian as Julie's partner is an ok character, Brian as a headteacher is bloody awful, totally unrealistic and unreasonable.

beeny Sun 31-Mar-13 09:18:49

Where is Kevin supposed to be ?

rightsaidthread Sun 31-Mar-13 09:27:36

Kevin's moved in with Sally to free up his house for Stella and co
I really don't want to watch Stella falling for creepy Karl again

beeny Sun 31-Mar-13 09:35:39

Oh thanks I missed that I hate Karl.

In other soaps, if a character has to be written out they "Win the Lottery"-

Big Ron off the market in 'Enders
Sandy the nurse in Holby
(both died IRL sad )

Kevin has already won a scratchcard so the chances of him winning the Lotto are slim.

Julie - Graham is doing the stageshow of The Full Monty, so he can't be back <<sob>>. He's probably looking at Corrie and thinking "Lucky Escape"

Gingerdodger Sun 31-Mar-13 18:13:39

I bet Kevin just sort of disappears. Good goes off to live with his sister or something.

Lighthousekeeping Sun 31-Mar-13 18:14:53

He may well come back.

LeeCoakley Sun 31-Mar-13 20:37:09

Right. Have been away and only just caught up with Friday's offerings. First, why was Kirsty allowed into the courtroom but Julie wasn't? Also, even after all that had happened, Kirsty STILL had to give her permission for Tyrone to have the baby. Is that what happens in real life? The mother holds all the cards and the father none? How awful.

Agree with everything about the fire. You can see it coming. Long drawn out Karl goodie/Sunita baddie scenes, Gloria manoeuvring Stella away from Jason, the police making wrong assumptions, Stella falling for Karl, her 'hero' etc. It's enough to make me want to turn off for a while.

Going against the masses, I actually like Paul and Eileen, I think there's real affection between them and I don't want it to go wrong for her. I want her to have a big showdown with Gloria over Glo's treatment of Jason though and Eileen win!

Over the weekend we visited Salford Quays and from the top of the Imperial War Museum you can see the new studios. There's a couple of streets of terraced houses that I could make out but couldn't see anything that was obviously the 'new' Rovers. Are they filming from there yet and does anyone know if the Rovers is going to be remodelled or is it a big secret?

whatkungfuthat Sun 31-Mar-13 20:45:51

I have seen some suggestions of a new landlady which doesn't make sense, nor does the suggested person.

theliverpoolone Sun 31-Mar-13 21:22:53

Tyrone's still not got parental rights though - the wedding never happened - so I assume he'd still need Kirsty's permission for a DNA test? I wonder if that will now all get conveniently forgotten?

Read today that Kev is going to 'go to look after his sick dad'. Isn't he (the dad) still with Pam? Wonder if he'll remember to take baby Jack with him? grin

Numberlock Sun 31-Mar-13 21:27:40

I read that Kevin will be written back in if he's found innocent after his trial in September.

KenDoddsDadsDog Mon 01-Apr-13 19:53:45

Loving the hash cake storyline - can't wait for stoned Rita!

LeeCoakley Mon 01-Apr-13 20:55:08

What? Those stars were in front of the clouds weren't they?

Bakingnovice Mon 01-Apr-13 20:55:40

The fire storyline is just ridiculous. From start to finish. Sunita being there whilst he's setting fire to the cellar and instead of running they start up a conversation. Half a yard from a raging fire. Then she manages to stagger upstairs. Karl gets back in and all the way to Stella. Is rescued and becomes a hero. The hiding of the keys in sunitas hospital room is beyond belief. AS IF. Seriously. As if sunita would have the keys on her anyway after being dragged out half dead.

And just as Kirsty is caught, corrie start the whole farce again with fucking Karl. Urghhhh.

Chipstick10 Mon 01-Apr-13 20:57:58

Keystone cops!!!! Seriously are they really that stupid?

Tyrone is more forgiving than me. I would be telling every one of them to fuck right off.

LeeCoakley Mon 01-Apr-13 21:15:50

I think they could have thought of better reason for the Doc to need a cab! Whoever heard of a home visit by taxi and then getting the bus home? Just have him going out to get drunk, it would have been much less contrived!

Chippychop Tue 02-Apr-13 14:44:16

The oldies were caught up in a hash cake storyline not that long ago! Bit boring really

whatkungfuthat Tue 02-Apr-13 15:26:10

The only counselling Eileen should be arranging for that mardy arse is how not to let the front door whack him on his way through it

MurielTheActor Wed 03-Apr-13 23:21:44

Carl!
NOOOO!
Oh shit shock This is very bad..... (for him)

Sleepyfergus Wed 03-Apr-13 23:59:05

Hmmmm, was a tad surprised that Sunita didn't get a chance to gasp "it was Karl!" before she died. I did think she was trying to flutter her eyelashes morse code style to Dev earlier though....but probably not trying to tell him "it was Karl", instead spelling out "please leave me alone you annoying man"

How long will they string it out for now?

Is there no CCTV footage in the hospital? What are the Keystone Cop duo actually doing other than hanging about the hospital with their tiny notepads??

Poor Lidl Aldi & Asda.....

KenDoddsDadsDog Thu 04-Apr-13 07:58:47

Dev's "Not my Sunita" will surely win awards grin

Sunitta is in ITU. Like you would be able to walk in and see any patient in ITU without permission and locked doors etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now