Corrie queens gather round.

(998 Posts)
Bakingnovice Thu 14-Feb-13 11:44:39

Have started a new thread as the old one won't accept my message. So I'll repost it here:

Fuzz has form for being beyond thick. Remember the whole stape thing? Her character is just incredibly stupid. You'd think she would learn her lesson. Running away 'on a fishing boat' with £200 is like a story from a 16th century novel.

Re the abduction I think they were wrong. Lots of mums keeps kids from fathers for all manner of selfish reasons and abduction is not the answer. However I do think ty was desperate. But why won't he just let the court decide ffs. He's got loads of evidence. I'm getting to the point in this story where I'm actually ready to punch him myself! In fact have felt a tiny bit sorry for k when they stole ruby. Surely the writers can't have intended for this to happen? God knows. Im away next week so hopefully I'll miss the stupid court stuff and be back for some proper corrie storylines.

SarahJ783 Fri 15-Mar-13 16:29:08

I hate it when soaps start off with a good story line but then drag it out for months and months. I remember when the whole Ty and Kirsty thing started and I couldn't wait to watch Corrie to see what happened next but now I find myself going to make myself a brew when either of them come on screen as its got boring.

whatkungfuthat Fri 15-Mar-13 16:57:04

That Ty/Kirsty business has almost been forgotten, got a cats bum face about the aftermath of this other business too after seeing a spoiler photo by accident, grrr

whatkungfuthat Fri 15-Mar-13 19:52:37

WTAF has Izzy got on her head?

KenDoddsDadsDog Chile Fri 15-Mar-13 19:53:31

A panda hat and a cat tshirt !

whatkungfuthat Fri 15-Mar-13 21:17:24

When Dreardie joined in the singing I though it had started to thunder

PuffPants Fri 15-Mar-13 22:24:04

Oh god, watching on catch-up - the singing, make it stop!!

And yes, Izzy looked a muppet in that hat.

ajandjjmum Sat 16-Mar-13 05:34:50

The Kirsty and Ty thing has just disappeared. Do we think that this is down to Kev's involvement in the storyline, and having to keep him off screen? Must have really screwed up the episodes.

Star0510 Sat 16-Mar-13 11:19:48

I don't think it's down to Kevin being off screen. Ty's in jail waiting for his trial, there's not much more they can do. I think the trial is coming up in the next couple of weeks so they'll be back. Personally I hope Kirsty goes down and Ty keeps the baby!

ajandjjmum Sat 16-Mar-13 19:49:34

Don't we all! smile

MoodyDidIt Sun 17-Mar-13 16:21:37

just re marking my place

and also was shock that the katie/ryan affair has been discovered so quickly!

MoominmammasHandbag Mon 18-Mar-13 15:33:20

Ches is being a bit of an idiot though I think.

No wonder she feels trapped, being put on the spot with a proposal like that and Ches going on about being Mr and Mrs Brown. How old is she? 17?

Stella and Jason - it all seems pretty unlikely doesn't it? As for Karl, why does she even give him the time of day?

And Dev - don't do it, she's already dumped you twice. Think of the children

alemci Mon 18-Mar-13 16:47:51

Who do think they will bump off in the fire tonight. maybe Jason, Dev or Carl? Hope Stella finds out that Carl caused the problem with the electrics.

Sleepyfergus Mon 18-Mar-13 16:51:42

In the trailer it looked like Sunita was in the pub?!

Carl and Sunita hopefully. I used to like Sunita when she was first in it, but think bringing her back was a bit of a mistake, which they could have got away with if she'd lived happily ever after with Dev, but the whole Carl thing has been awful. I really can't see what else they could do with Carl either. Maybe Dev could go in to try and rescue Sunita and perish as well, to be honest he reached his shelf life years ago too. I'm going to be out tonight so I will have to hide the thread.

whatkungfuthat Mon 18-Mar-13 17:47:49

Toni is new and expendable but it will be Sunita and Paul. Eileen won't be allowed a happy ending and it ties up the moral bit about his wife nicely. Not that I care either way about that.

Lighthousekeeping Mon 18-Mar-13 18:33:16

Do you think they would do away with one of the oldies? It crossed my mind when they were reminiscing the other night.

whatkungfuthat Mon 18-Mar-13 18:55:39

I saw that as a sort of swan song to the old Rovers, even if Dierdre sounded like a seal being dragged over gravel

MoodyDidIt Mon 18-Mar-13 19:12:51

oh i hope paul doesnt die, poor eileen deserves some happiness

Sleepyfergus Mon 18-Mar-13 19:20:01

Yeah, I quite Paul 'n' Eileen. She's one of my fave characters and it would be nice to see her happy for a change.

Airwalk79 Mon 18-Mar-13 20:33:37

Surely Karl would stink of fire? Is everyone going to think sunlita started the fire!

LeeCoakley Mon 18-Mar-13 21:08:34

Stella Stella Stella! You break a window with the BASE of a lamp not the shade!

And why didn't Jason (or anyone) get a ladder from Owen and shimmy up to rescue her?

And Sunita WILL get the blame angry

Just as you feel the Tyrone/Kirsty situation is about to be resolved along comes another victim-blamed-as-the-wrong'un storyline. Don't think I can watch for a while.

chubbychipmonk Mon 18-Mar-13 21:14:12

I want to punch Toni in the face. . . She's seriously grating on me!!

Lighthousekeeping Mon 18-Mar-13 21:24:18

Blooming heck I missed how the fire started,what happened?

Does this mean the rovers will get a revamp?will it be like All Bar One?

LeeCoakley Mon 18-Mar-13 21:42:18

I didn't see in detail what actually happened but the pub was closed for the evening so Carl was able to start the fire in the basement and for some reason Sunita was in the pub and came down the basement stairs and saw him. The next thing I saw she was unconscious but he managed to get out. She struggled up to the bar and then she was unconscious again. All this time Stella was having a bath upstairs. (But why? Why wasn't she at the Full Monty seeing as Jason was one of the main attractions?). She went into her bedroom and then realised there was a fire and was trapped. Carl went back to the Full Monty thing after he had started the fire and it was only when the whole street became aware of the fire that he realised Stella was upstairs and went bounding up to rescue her. It ended with them not being able to escape and still no one realising Sunita was in there as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now