Corrie queens gather round.

(998 Posts)
Bakingnovice Thu 14-Feb-13 11:44:39

Have started a new thread as the old one won't accept my message. So I'll repost it here:

Fuzz has form for being beyond thick. Remember the whole stape thing? Her character is just incredibly stupid. You'd think she would learn her lesson. Running away 'on a fishing boat' with £200 is like a story from a 16th century novel.

Re the abduction I think they were wrong. Lots of mums keeps kids from fathers for all manner of selfish reasons and abduction is not the answer. However I do think ty was desperate. But why won't he just let the court decide ffs. He's got loads of evidence. I'm getting to the point in this story where I'm actually ready to punch him myself! In fact have felt a tiny bit sorry for k when they stole ruby. Surely the writers can't have intended for this to happen? God knows. Im away next week so hopefully I'll miss the stupid court stuff and be back for some proper corrie storylines.

Bakingnovice Wed 06-Mar-13 22:45:04

I'm still here but struggling to stay interested. Still mad at corrie for killing off Eric.

KenDoddsDadsDog Wed 06-Mar-13 22:45:31

If Simon gets a big story line I'm emigrating

Bakingnovice Wed 06-Mar-13 22:54:20

I do kinda like Simon. I want more of the oldies. Norris, Mary, Rita, Emily, Sylvia.

KenDoddsDadsDog Wed 06-Mar-13 23:11:23

And Steve/Eileen/Lloyd

whatkungfuthat Thu 07-Mar-13 10:08:40

Simon should have had the mix up at birth story. No way he's Peter's son.

Stella's faux-accent is beginning to grate on me again, I'd got used to it but something must have changed, unless it seems more fake next to Sue J?

LaalRatty Fri 08-Mar-13 11:37:36

Right. I'm sick of Corrie. Here's why.
1 Dev and Sunita are going to get back together just in time for Dev to play the grieving widower no doubt.
2 The Platt storyline is ridiculous. Gail just ring the fucking police.
3 Hayley and Michelle's secret sons have been forgotten about. Corrie must have been embarrassed to betray Hayley's character like that.
4 Stella's penis finger. Look out for it. Its a sight to behold.
5 Kirsty's face. That wide eyed-cats bum mouthed downcast slightly shaky look is pissing me off.
6 Julie. Take Brian, get a tandem and cycle off the Barton bridge into the ship canal.
7 Leanne. Been banged more times than a second hand drum and yet manages to maintain a holier than thou demeanor. Do one Yo-Yo knickers.
8 Maria and Marcus. As. If. The big boss on Corrie is gay. I hope he's hanging his head in shame.
9 Tommy. Not been seen for a while but after everything Tina did and sacrificed for him he should be ashamed of treating her so disgustingly.
10 Fiz. The teeth. The frizzy hair. The baby voice. The green coat. The disappearing and clunkily named baby. Hope Stape? Jesus. She'll be back working at the factory gossiping about others with Sean before you know it.
11 Anna and whoever. Faye is the child. YOU are in charge. Not Owen or Tim. Take control. Also stop having kids dumped on you.
12 Emily. Stop having kids dumped on you. Track down Spider and go and hug some trees again.
13 Mandy. Stop being over familiar. With everyone.
14 Norris. Marry Mary and be done with it.
15 Roy and co. Stay the same. perfection on the street.

whatkungfuthat Fri 08-Mar-13 11:49:43

Penis finger you say? I will go back and watch Wednesdays again in the name of research.

LaalRatty Fri 08-Mar-13 12:48:04

Yes her finger is very odd. like a willy head. grin

PaintedBottom Fri 08-Mar-13 14:13:27

Cindy Beale's finger was sewn back on after cutting it off in a door apparently shock

LaalRatty Fri 08-Mar-13 15:49:39

Yowch. Still weird looking though grin

lovelychops Fri 08-Mar-13 16:32:18

I like all of LaalRatty's list, but I'm scared to look for the penis finger.

I'd like to add to the list of rage - Rita's husband. The sheer pointlessness of him. He's rubbish. But so is Rita. Sorry to all the oldie fans but Rita and Emily's acting is as bad as Dev and co. There needs to be a HUGE cull in my opinion.

Also, Kirsty's mum can. not. act.

But, I don't mind Katy having an affair. Can't really blame her. Chesney has been punching above his weight for way too long.

ProfYaffle Fri 08-Mar-13 16:38:44

I agree re Dennis. Great idea to bring the character back with the original actor but they've done nothing with him.

whatkungfuthat Fri 08-Mar-13 16:48:50

Rita's hair gets bigger and more radioactive looking every passing year. I hate this Karl storyline already and I know where its headed.

Bakingnovice Fri 08-Mar-13 19:22:52

Can someone fill me in as to why Steve was wearing that weird tea cosy hat? Hair transplant? Nits?

Laal love your list.

Lighthousekeeping Fri 08-Mar-13 20:26:01

Did that babby have juice it its bottle?

KenDoddsDadsDog Fri 08-Mar-13 20:51:49

Ooh Dev. Not hamming it up at all.

Samu2 Fri 08-Mar-13 21:19:37

I hate bloody Dev.

lovelychops Fri 08-Mar-13 21:55:50

On a positive note, I think Stella has lovely toned arms. smile

LaalRatty Fri 08-Mar-13 23:21:37

Penis finger aside Stella is gorge.

PaintedBottom Sat 09-Mar-13 00:09:54

Is Dev supposed to be portrayed as a comedy character? Because he really...really.... REALLY is not one bit funny....at all.

PipkinsPal Sat 09-Mar-13 00:17:41

I agree with LaalRatty's list too but you must include Gail aka ET in a wig. She is top of my slap list.

MoodyDidIt Sat 09-Mar-13 08:17:03

that steph (katys mate) who is seeing ryan now....where is her baby? confused i thought she was a single mum, yet she is out with him all the time and every time you see her she hasn't got her baby with her?

PaintedBottom Sat 09-Mar-13 13:23:02

Didn't know she had a baby, Moody confused Although I try to avoid her scenes as she makes my teeth itch envy

whatkungfuthat Sat 09-Mar-13 16:48:16

I've just caught up with Friday's. this Karl business is getting right on my nerves and why were half the cast shoehorned into the Anna/Faye/Tim/play fiasco? Can't they think of any better story lines for them? And why aren't Fuzz and Tina trying to wind up Kirsty to get her to have an outburst? It would be the first thing I'd try <evil>

lovelychops Sat 09-Mar-13 16:48:57

I thought they were Katy's old school friends - bought in to represent 'the life she's missing out on'. Subtle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now