How Safe is your Child's Nursery ?

(9 Posts)
BackforGood Tue 12-Feb-13 20:45:02

Where's the thread about this Channel4 programme shown last night ?
I simply can't believe there isn't one, but I can't find it......

Tweedledeedum Tue 12-Feb-13 21:17:02

Me either, I was sure they'd be a long thread on this, it was very worrying! Wonder if Ofsted will listen and allow you to see that a dodgy nursery has closed then name changed and opened again...hmm

I'm surprised there's no thread either. Can't believe that massive Ofsted loophole - change the name and wipe the slate clean. Shocking.

BackforGood Wed 13-Feb-13 18:31:01

Sadly, I know it's not that uncommon. It's certainly not a 'one off' they dug deeply for, for the programme. sad

ShiftyFades Wed 13-Feb-13 22:01:22

I've just watched this on 4OD. Shocking. My son broke his leg at his previous nursery due to the negligence of the staff. I shall be checking that they haven't changed their name so the upheld complaint is still visible to potential new clients.

Having been on the end of such frightening incompetence, I am disgusted!!

ShiftyFades Wed 13-Feb-13 22:38:40

Interestingly the Ofsted report that was carried out 6 months before my sons accident highlights a problem in safeguarding in that there was a problem with risk assessments.... Sadly it doesn't detail what exactly was wrong / lacking.
I wonder if, had it been more detailed, parents would have put pressure on the management to resolve this and maybe, just maybe, my son wouldn't have been injured sad

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 13-Feb-13 23:49:50

I think it's awful that a nursery can change its name and be under new management and then all previous complaints and ofsted reports get swept under the carpet sad

Especially for that new management to be in fact the old managements wife...!

juneau Fri 15-Feb-13 10:39:51

I was appalled by this programme - not least because I'm currently trying to find a good nursery for DS2. If the Ofsted reports don't give parents all the information they need to make a fully informed choice, where do we turn for that information? With only one inspection happening within each inspecting period (which seems to be four years, from what I can tell), I wonder just how informative the reports are anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now