anyone start watching NASHVILLE

(331 Posts)
HanneHolm Sun 10-Feb-13 14:50:30

last week?

MartyrStewart Fri 11-Oct-13 00:48:56

Any update on when season two starts?

tribpot Fri 13-Sep-13 19:16:00

Geektown is normally quite good at guessing - it thinks Feb 2014! Which is in line with its season 1 start date.

fussychica Sat 07-Sep-13 14:41:30

Great news - just hope we don't have to wait too long on this side of the pond.

stringbean Fri 06-Sep-13 16:08:18

So Season 2 kicks off in the US on Sept 25th - there are no end of websites with details of new characters etc. Anyone any ideas when it's starting over here?

MrsJamin Wed 24-Jul-13 07:22:01

Can finally join this thread after watching the whole series in about a week- have been utterly hooked and stayed up til midnight last night just to watch the final episode- very unlike me, normally asleep by 10.30!

One of the ways in which I liked it was that it kept making you horrified about Juliette but then you would see a glimmer of a human, sad childhood side and you would nearly empathise with her, then you'd be horrified again! Great storyline with the mum and the sober friend etc.
Can't wait til series 2! Love the music too, the albums on spotify are ace.

onedev Sat 20-Jul-13 20:23:03

Thanks grin

Deacon. He's credited as Charles Esten but goes by Chip everywhere else.

onedev Sat 20-Jul-13 00:09:02

Who's Chip?

Emmy nomination for Connie as best lead actress. Think I would have picked Hayden over her and really disappointed Chip isn't up for best supporting actor. Good luck to Connie though!

I'm sure I read that the American dvds have bloopers and deleted scenes...so they got extra music during the series and bonus content afterwards! Hmph.

stringbean Tue 16-Jul-13 22:18:37

Yes, I was lame enough to pre-order it from Amazon - how sad is that??? The 'extras' are crap though - just a potted history of the whole series, and nothing else. I had expected a bit more - about the music, if nothing else. Guess they want you to buy the CD or download it.....

Did anyone get the DVDs today? I had a look in Sainsburys and Asda and couldn't find it so have had ordered from Amazon, probably should have done that to start with!

(It's GreatGretzky btw, had a namechange!)

EliotNess Sun 07-Jul-13 10:02:41

Haydyn P is ace, isnt she?

EliotNess Sun 07-Jul-13 10:01:55

i have finished
scarlett still looks like a sheep but i like that Place to SHine song
the other guy ( not gunner, the original boyfriend) is so ugly. I dont see him as a romantic lead at all.

onedev Sun 07-Jul-13 09:54:32

I did thanks - I didn't realise that Gunner was British & Scarlet Australian. Off to Google them now! grin

diddl Sun 07-Jul-13 09:39:36

Britain & Australia respectively?

(I'm assuming that you meant the actors?)

onedev Sun 07-Jul-13 08:19:03

Where are Gunner & Scarlet from?

BOF Sun 07-Jul-13 02:57:29

I love it.

It was weird though, the way they portrayed Deacon as helpless in the face of the demon drink; he regretted it instantly, and certainly after the intervention, yet he was shown gargling whisky after brushing his teeth grin.

I'm pretty sure that alcoholism doesn't really work like that.

strong female leads not string female leads!!!

OK I know Gunner and Scarlet are NOT really Americans...

must go to bed and writing badly!

diddl I'm all curious about your question now, please pm me.

My question is, why did Maddie suddenly find some stuff about paternity? It just seemed to come out of no-where.

I love this programme. I love it for its string female leads, its good story lines, its fab music, ... it has heart. The characters seem real in that over the top soap opera way that things that are so obviously not real can sometimes become real! If that makes sense. More than thanthat there are bits that are real! I mean the acrtress who plays Rayna is in her 40s, not 20s, the sisters (Maddie and Daphne) are real sisters, and it sounds like they are all really singing. OK I know Gunner and Scarlet are really Americans and I expect that lady isn't really a vet! grin

It is so fab, miss it. want to see more of Will. I think he might end up being bi and going after Scarlet!

onedev Fri 05-Jul-13 19:45:56

Can't wait for Series 2 grin

GreatGretzky Fri 05-Jul-13 12:31:43

Just seen on Facebook that Series 1 boxset is out on the 15th of this month! smile

GreatGretzky Thu 04-Jul-13 22:03:50

Little bits coming out about series 2 now. We'll get 2 more recurring female characters, one is Scarlett's childhood best friend and the other the winner of an 'American Idol' style contest who seems sweet but has a driven side. Sounds like competition for Juliette!

Have also read something about Deacon and Rayna but won't post that because it's a big spoiler! If people want to find it, it's on the spoilertv website, the June 25th entry!

donnab1983 Fri 28-Jun-13 18:07:18

Loved it and can't believe its finished!!

tribpot Fri 28-Jun-13 18:04:13

Can it be a spoiler when the series has ended and the new one isn't broadcasting in the US? Personally I think you can ask but perhaps we need a show of hands first!

For me I think the writers have been fairly unflinching in their portrayal of addiction. Deacon was obviously a serious health hazard 13 years ago - Rayna had to pull him out of hotel rooms not knowing if he was alive or dead. If she was on MN she would have had the usual addiction crowd (including me) reminding her of the 3 C's - she did not cause it, she cannot cure it, she cannot control it. She did the right thing in getting the hell out. (Questionable choice about concealing the paternity aside but there are plenty of threads here about the emotional damage done to the children of addicts). Deacon never really recovered; it was either good writing or chance that had Juliette refer to him as a dry drunk - a person who is managing not to drink but is not really recovering either. She should have been a bit more savvy about what this really meant given her history with her mum, but she couldn't help him either.

Obviously the whole 'let's have a massive row in a car' thing was just manufactured to allow the accident to happen, and Rayna was trying to stop him driving drunk as well. "Being a father might have sobered him up" - I do get this is a TV show but truly, honestly - this wouldn't have helped. No addict can get sober until they want to get sober. This bit is not Rayna's fault.

Gunnar and Scarlett - oh dear. Why on earth would he try to make up with her by offering her something that hasn't been a hell of a lot of use to her so far, namely a life with him? Cheap and selfish in my view.

In terms of the story arc for some of the characters, I wonder if the producers have been hamstrung by the mixed ratings the series has had? It may have been difficult to leave too much open-ended if the series might be cancelled, but of course that doesn't really explain the sheer number of characters who never get developed properly.

I love this show and I really want to see it find its stride in series 2.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now