GreatGretzky Wed 22-May-13 12:14:20

Messed that link up! This is it!

diddl Wed 22-May-13 12:44:05

Oh no-not a patch on the original imo.

And not really suitable for young kids?

Clayhead Wed 22-May-13 13:19:37

I love it too! Been listening to the album loads grin

GreatGretzky Thu 23-May-13 23:39:57

As much as I want him with Rayna...I like Deacon and the vet. The scene at the start especially. Rayna might say she's happy for him but I don't think she's really too thrilled about him having a new girlfriend!

And we have a cowboy! I'm surprised it took so long for one to show up. He seems nice enough, could be what Gunnar needs as well.

shock at the end with Rayna's Dad!

GreatGretzky Thu 23-May-13 23:40:36

Oh and I LOVED Juliette's "I am calm, I am zen...I am really pissed off!" line grin

tribpot Fri 24-May-13 06:21:44

I like Deacon and the vet too - but it's the classic storyline á la Beaches where the showbiz person decides they've had enough and wants to live a normal life with a normal person ... it usually lasts for all of half an hour before the impulse to be performing gets too strong again.

Not sure about Scarlett putting her boyfriend above her career again, even when that boyfriend is the lovely Gunnar and not crappy Avery (who seems to have had a staggering fall from grace given he was never actually successful as a solo artist?). That said, they are a duo and work best together.

I hope Lamar isn't about to die, not least because watching him being bloody awful to Peggy is hilarious.

diddl Fri 24-May-13 07:18:28

I don't think Rayna really wants Deacon-she just doesnt want him to have anyone else-just be pining over her!!

Hope he totally tells her to fuck off when he finds out the eldest girl is his!

Or will she think that they can play happy families?hmm

tribpot Fri 24-May-13 07:33:51

I do think Deacon is going to be massively pissed off when he finds out - and rightly so. I can understand how, having made the decision to have Teddy acknowledge Maddy as his own child originally, you wouldn't want to tell her until she was older but not trusting Deacon to keep his own trap shut .. awful.

diddl Fri 24-May-13 08:29:24

It's going to set him drinking again, isn't it?

And Juliette & Dante's fling will set her mum back drinking/on drugs?

stringbean Fri 24-May-13 13:20:43

I agree that Rayna probably doesn't want Deacon as much as she doesn't want anyone else to have him. Am hoping that the vet thing will continue for a while too - they seem good together - as no good will ultimately come of a Rayna/Deacon reunion.

I like the vet. I don't think Rayna deserves Deacon.

I love the music, it's brilliant, I never would have thought I would say that!

The strong female leads are great too.

Yes, the music is brilliant.

Meringue33 Sat 25-May-13 18:02:37

Only just discovered the thread. LOVING the show smile

Juliette has some lovely clothes off-stage.

mamapants Mon 27-May-13 10:27:25

Just joining the thread.
Agree Rayna isn't good enough for Deacon!
Avery is growing on me, do we all think he will be the second act signed by Rayna?
Did Rayna soften towards Juliette a bit? At long last.

diddl Mon 27-May-13 11:45:13

I was also wondering about Avery-who is he roadieing for?

Will Deacon huff off & Avery will replace him??

Did Scarlett sign in the end?

Jjou Tue 28-May-13 15:49:21

Man, I love this show. Reading the thread I'm probably in the minority for being a big fan of Rayna though... smile
That said, I'm not sure where they go from 'yeah you're Maddie's Dad, sorry I didn't tell you...', nowhere good presumably.

noddyholder Tue 28-May-13 15:55:18

Love this show! Not keen on Deacon Love Avery .Rayna and Scarlett. Don't like scarlets bloke forgotten his name. I am hooked!

noddyholder Tue 28-May-13 15:57:19

I love rayna the older woman with red locks who gets all the male interest! ;)

Avery, now what if he signed with Rayna and had to sing lots of love songs with Scarlet! Love Scarlet and Gunner, wondered what the cowboy was doing in it all, was wondering if it was all going to turn into Brokeback Mountain!

I am presuming Deacon doesn't know about Maddie yet? I loved the duet of Maddie and Daphnie doing Ho Hey ...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceYtOlmImNE

Just realised Gunner looks a bit like comedian John Richardson!

primetime.unrealitytv.co.uk/jon-richardson-replaces-jason-manford-on-8-out-of-10-cats/john-richardson/

Just compare him with this image.....

www.last.fm/music/Sam+Palladio+&+Clare+Bowen/+images/82967485

Lovely!

LadyClariceCannockMonty Thu 30-May-13 17:31:09

I think it's going to go Brokeback too grin

GreatGretzky Thu 30-May-13 23:27:39

Dante. I have never disliked a character so much after only a couple of episodes. Juliette has become a real bitch again since he's been around and now he's her manager?!

Avery is really growing on me.

I always love Deacon but he seemed especially good tonight. Loved him standing up to Juliette and Dante and going to see how Rayna was.

Will seems great, as long as he doesn't have any more mad moments like driving across the train tracks! Love his friendship with Gunnar though, bit of a bromance grin

I know quite a lot of what happens from here onwards, I got sucked into reading spoilers online when they aired in the US...gonna try to keep watching without thinking too far ahead!

Yes, could go Brokeback!

Dante is a git. He obviously likes having someone to control, it was Juliette's Mum and now Juliette. I wonder if he will try and marry Juliette and become her husband/manager, then bugger off with her money. Her poor Mother. sad

I like Avery now. He learned his lessons the hard way, but has become nice because of it.

I liked the scene with Rayna and her Father and the reason behind the way he was when Rayna was growing up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now