anyone start watching NASHVILLE

(331 Posts)
HanneHolm Sun 10-Feb-13 14:50:30

last week?

GreatGretzky Mon 10-Jun-13 12:40:38

Brad Paisley makes an appearance in the final episode too!

guineapiglet Thu 13-Jun-13 15:06:02

I have caved in sadsmile

just got 2nd soundtrack, and it is very good, in fact somehow stronger than the first. Gun for a Mouth is just awesome, I could listen to a whole album like that!
looking forward to tonight!

GreatGretzky Thu 13-Jun-13 23:12:16

Wow. That was emotional! Really feel for Juliette again, and bless Jolene for being there for her after everything. Good on Avery for not going home with her too, at the start of the series I'm sure he would have, he's really turned into quite a nice guy.

Deacon and Rayna are just messing with all of my feelings. That scene in the limo at the end really got me, when he said about "you can tell me everything or nothing but you can't say you don't love me, that's one thing I'll never believe". I just want them to be happy and they're so obviously setting up for a huge fall. I wish I didn't know what's coming!

Felt sorry for Will, him and Gunnar need to have a good chat and sort themselves out!

tribpot Thu 13-Jun-13 23:53:48

Yes, would like to see Juliette and Avery together, I think he actually needs someone whose ego is even more enormous than his own.

Deacon and Rayna should be 'hurrah finally the two leads get together' but is like '30 seconds of blissful happiness, then drama, angst, storming off, more angst, secrets, lies, bit of snogging, drama'. And poor old Liam, constantly being picked up and put down again. I think Rayna and Juliette both need to swear off men for six months and calm down a bit. (Note: this is unlikely to be the plot of series 2).

No! I wanted Rayna and Liam together. That Liam is lovely.

stringbean Fri 14-Jun-13 19:57:07

Rayna is starting to annoy me now. She didn't think this through; the enormity of what she's done and the effect it will have on Deacon is starting to sink in and it will all end in tears - and she knows it. I'm not being pessimistic, but it just CAN'T end well. Sorry love, you should have stuck with Liam; their chemistry was far better, although he's not a long-term choice. Hope he reappears in season 2 though - she has to finish that album.

And all those lines from Deacon about wanting the mundane family thing. How many episodes are left? Is this the season cliff-hanger? Deacon heading into a bar as the credits roll? Somehow I don't think that will be dramatic enough, but hope it doesn't all descend into some kind of cliche.

diddl Germany Fri 14-Jun-13 20:12:50

Ooh-what sort of tape???

How many sorts are there?

So, Juliette's on the booze, I'm guessing Deacon will be soon, as it seems like the only years he's been clean/sober was when he wasn't with Rayna!

Another vote for Avery & Juliette!

stringbean Fri 14-Jun-13 20:22:10

Hmmmm, suspect the tape will be of the secretly filmed sex variety Diddl. Are there any other sorts in a soap opera grin ? But given Juliette's past history and her comment about picking up roadies, will it bother her that much? Or is it just the prospect of it getting in the way of her winning the much-coveted award?

stringbean Fri 14-Jun-13 22:04:17

And why have there been so many potentially interesting characters in this show that haven't lasted very long, and with whom they could have had some really interesting story lines, but instead have just served as a means of showing others' character traits?

Eg. Sean only appeared to show how disposable Juliette is with people; Stacy only appeared to demonstrate how rubbish Deacon's been at relationships for the past decade while he's pined over Rayna; Jason's function just seems to be to have conveniently left a diary full of song lyrics. I would really like to have seen these characters introduced for longer and given a bit more depth - feel they've all been glossed over, just as I felt we were getting somewhere with them.

Ho hum - rant over.

GreatGretzky Fri 14-Jun-13 23:31:48

stringbean 2 episodes left, cliffhanger is more dramatic than him going into a bar but it is a cliche!

Ahh Sean...I miss him. He was so sweet. And those tattoos...yes please!

diddl Germany Sat 15-Jun-13 09:01:55

It's not going to go well with Gunnar now if any success is dependent on him writing like his brother did, is it?

So that seems to be Deacon, Juliette, Gunnar on/about to be on a downward spiral.

So Rayna will think she was right all along about Deacon?

Will Jolene help or join in?

Will Scarlett dump Gunnar-for Avery?

Or will he be snaffled up by Juliezze?

Tune in for next weeks ep...

tribpot Sat 15-Jun-13 09:43:21

The ratings have been faltering a bit and I wonder if some of the characters have been rushed in and out because mid-season they weren't sure if there would be a second season confused I completely agree these characters were good enough to deserve a longer hearing - Stacy is ace, as is the lovely Hayley, Jason's back story never really made sense anyway - what the hell had he done that would have had people chasing him from Texas to Tennessee? And for that matter, given Texas is a bloody enormous state, couldn't he just have gone to another town where they wouldn't have chased him and he wouldn't have broken parole?

Sean also was more than the cliche 'footballer and pop star have a fauxmance to keep them in the papers' and in fact seemed quite supportive of her career etc, hardly some monster you'd leave at the altar (despite his appalling mother).

I'm hoping we're not going to see Will whisked in and out in a similar way, not just because he's cute but because there's a very interesting storyline there.

GreatGretzky Sat 15-Jun-13 23:18:50

Will should be a regular in series 2 from what I've read. Woohoo! smile

AlmostHadItAll Sun 16-Jun-13 21:00:56

I'm ever so slightly obsessed by this show grin In fact on Friday, after watching 2 episodes the previous evening I was strutting around my local town thinking I was Rayna smile My aunt in America told me a bit about the season finale. It's going to be good one!!!!!

I'm going to keep some episodes on my sky box so I can watch them again. How sad am I? But seriously, it's the best thing that's been on telly for years.

GreatGretzky Sun 16-Jun-13 21:36:03

Almost I'm glad it's not just me! I keep having to remind myself that it's not real! DH finds it all a bit hmm

tribpot Sun 16-Jun-13 21:45:45

I will confess to having bought the series on iTunes and having watched it twice all the way through to the end! (Well, up to date anyway).

I must further confess to having downloaded through other means the final two eps but my lips are sealed - we had a very strict policy of no spoilers on the Revenge thread despite half the posters having read the episode summaries on IMDB. Don't do it, people!

I just think the quality of the music is amazing, hope this continues into series 2.

EliotNess Sun 16-Jun-13 21:46:11

I HATE SHEEP HAIR GIRL

EliotNess Sun 16-Jun-13 21:46:30

plus i am three episodes behind and am gettting bored

noddyholder Sun 16-Jun-13 21:47:59

My fave tv show only thing I watch apart from 4 rooms. I am in love with avery the shame! I love juliette Barnes think she is great casting and so believable.

AlmostHadItAll Sun 16-Jun-13 22:03:00

So glad it's not just me with the obsession grin I also have both soundtracks on my iTunes and play them constantly in the car, in the kitchen, in the garden. Love my drive to work now!!!

Jjou Mon 17-Jun-13 11:59:47

I've listened to nothing but the soundtracks for months now...am annoyed that you can buy loads more songs from the show on American iTunes/amazon though, but can't download them here...grrr.

I agree Rayna didn't think the whole reconnecting with Deacon thing through: what was her plan? Just to never tell him, but have a proper relationship with him in every other way? On the other hand if she hadn't got back together with him I could understand the fix she's in: how could she have ever told Deacon when she (and Teddy) didn't want Maddie to know?

GreatGretzky Mon 17-Jun-13 12:13:30

Yes, so annoying that we can't get all the songs. I really want 'At The End Of The Day' from the latest ep, Deacon's 'Back Home' and Scarlett's 'One Works Better' from earlier in the series but I can only find them on Youtube...I know I could get them from there but it never seems to keep high quality sound then!

Jjou Mon 17-Jun-13 14:22:06

That song's been in my head all weekend! I've tasked my little sis with finding me a copy from somewhere, as it's undownloadable here (from itunes/amazon anyway, which is the limit of my download skills). ABC's Nashville music lounge has every track from each episode and a link to buy almost every one...if you're in the US...sigh.

GreatGretzky Mon 17-Jun-13 21:49:35

No luck on downloads yet but I did come across a live version of At The End Of The Day here, it's brilliant! Here

I think Deacon will find out about his daughter at the end of this series and will end things with Rayna.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now