Anyone watching Muriel's Wedding?

(25 Posts)
StinkyWicket Tue 05-Feb-13 22:16:53

Don't think I've seen this since it first came out - I am shock that the fashions have all come back so quickly! Shorts over tights, big hair, maxi dresses - she does her hair the same as me sometimes.

That is all grin

AnyFucker Tue 05-Feb-13 22:18:18

Yup, fantastic film

Big smiles and big tears have been had already smile

bluebump Tue 05-Feb-13 22:18:57

It's one of my favourites!

StinkyWicket Tue 05-Feb-13 22:19:56

I missed the first half an hour or so, I think it passed me by a bit when I first saw it as I was only 12-ish when it came out.

I love Aussie films smile

saycheeeeeese Tue 05-Feb-13 22:20:27

Im watching, one of my favourites! !

saycheeeeeese Tue 05-Feb-13 22:20:58

I always really felt sorry for her mum!

StinkyWicket Tue 05-Feb-13 22:22:26

Bloody hell, just looked at the bridesmaids dresses and thought, 'hmm, they're pretty'.

90s girl through and through lol.

(PS - I had a peach wedding! not that peach though and no crowns And plenty of lace too)

StinkyWicket Tue 05-Feb-13 22:24:10

I remember her mum from something, when she had grey hair and was possibly a cook or something? Dunno.

According to IMDB, Toni Collette put on 40 lbs in 7 weeks for this film - she must have been emaciated prior to that!

AnyFucker Tue 05-Feb-13 22:25:43

I love her mate in it, the one with the spinal cancer

AnyFucker Tue 05-Feb-13 22:27:14

The bridesmaids dresses are gorge actually, making a bit of a comeback, I believe smile

StinkyWicket Tue 05-Feb-13 22:27:17

Can you believe she's the one from Brothers & Sisters and 6 Feet Under? Definitely been Hollywood-ised

(She's my favourite too)

Southeastdweller Tue 05-Feb-13 22:27:50

The ending is so hugely satisfying, isn't it? "Goodbye Porpoise Spit!" indeed.

StinkyWicket Tue 05-Feb-13 22:27:59

Phew wipes brow glad it's not just me smile

StinkyWicket Tue 05-Feb-13 22:28:56

I can't even remember it tbh, that's why I've jibbed off Utopia for this.

Thank god for catch up tv!

AnyFucker Tue 05-Feb-13 22:29:26

Yeah, I loved her in 6 feet Under

and I loved the fella in that too wink

BooCanary Tue 05-Feb-13 22:33:07

I haven't watched it tonight, but love Muriel's sister.....'You're terrible Muriel'.

Me and my dsis always say 'you're tirrible Muriel' when one of us does anything a bit shock .

AnyFucker Tue 05-Feb-13 22:33:32

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

That LoveHoney Ad. Fucking hell. Spoiled my viewing, that has angry

JustGiveMeFiveMinutes Tue 05-Feb-13 22:34:54

An all-time favourite of mine smile

juneybean Tue 05-Feb-13 22:34:58

I love it! Another one who still says "You're terrible muriel"

StinkyWicket Tue 05-Feb-13 22:35:43

Boo me and my friend Alice adopted that very phrase in secondary school!

I missed that thank god DH keeps flipping over to the news channel. He's such a bore.

no I am not hogging the tv and the laptop grin

TomArchersSausage Tue 05-Feb-13 22:39:21

Deidre Chambers. What a coincidence!

Love itgrin

mombie Tue 05-Feb-13 22:42:02

Me and my sisters still say that to each other. I love Muriel... sorry Mariel.

Southeastdweller Tue 05-Feb-13 22:46:24

I never microwaved my cup of tea again after watching this!

NicknameTaken Thu 07-Feb-13 10:55:29

This film has my favourite sex scene ever, when the guy accidentially unzips the bean bag - I love the way she's giggling hysterically throughout and thoroughly enjoying it.

Agree that her mum's story is horribly said. One of the best portrayals of an emotionally abusive father/husband I've seen in a film.

CountTurdula Sun 10-Feb-13 14:36:53

One of my top 5 favourites. I always said I wanted to find out where the real Hibiscus island is and go there for a holiday.

I watched this the other night and can't believe I never noticed just how manky Rachel Griffiths teeth were before. Still a stunning girl though.

I love the bit where Dierdre tell the Japanese business men they must know all about make-up as their wives are probably Geishas grin

I love that Tanya's husband can't possibly have raped the Japanese tourist as he hates the Japanese and that she sucked Rose Biggs husbands cock and are now friends.

Karen out of Home and Away. Remember her? Blake's sister?

The part where they dump her and yet she keeps schtum about Nicole fucking Chook in the laundry was heartbreaking.

I had "friends" who used to slag me off and leave me out of stuff too. I'm chunky with no fashion sense. I'm skint. I'm Muriel! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now