EASTENDERS thread..

(1000 Posts)
SoleSource Tue 05-Feb-13 19:45:11

You watch Easties?

Nancy66 Fri 08-Feb-13 21:12:08

Why did Ayeesha call Zainab 'aunty g' - where is the G coming from?

SoleSource Fri 08-Feb-13 21:28:10

good question Nancy

NoelHeadbands Fri 08-Feb-13 21:30:10

I've heard it before, I think it's quite common to use gee (sp?) on the end of Aunty/uncle etc as a sign of respect.

I had a little something in my eye. I actually think Massood is quite fanciable too...

Auntiji, Uncleji..it's an endearment I think, took me a while to work out.

Also he is Masood but her second name is Masood. So what is his second name? Or does he have a first one I missed?

This is important, I missed lots as I stopped watching EE after the whole cot death thing, couldn't watch as had just had DD.

Tis totally ridiculous though, I miss one episode and I have no idea what is happening.

Isn't it Masood Ahmed?

HazeltheMcWitch Fri 08-Feb-13 22:29:05

Ji is a Hindu word, that shows respect to people. So you'd often use it after Auntie/Uncle (which are often used for neighbours, parents' friends etc).

But Auntyji can also be used in a pejorative, mocking way, to subtley suggest that someone is older that you, and a bit out of date.

I have the ep on Sky+, so I will be sure to watch it when no one can laugh at my blubbing.

Bakingnovice Fri 08-Feb-13 23:31:07

Oh bore off Zainab.

I agree with Noel. Sharon has great legs. Bit like a chicken. Skinny legs and massive body. And surprisingly big face too. Well spotted re the no neck thing. I'd whip off her wig and give her a sleek bob back in her natural brown shade. Ethel was not the last grey one, didn't she dye (good pun right?) with a fresh blue rinse??

Alfie looks ridic with his hair. Is it dye or a wig. Roxy is bile. Oops typo but it works. She is bile and vile. She snares men who don't really want her.

Why the hell is headmistress Ava always stomping around the flipping square? Bizarre.

Two v disturbing comments I will address:
No, no , no. No one can possible miss Derek. We hate him right?
Masood Masood - please ladies. Please please please. Stop fawning he is not fanciable. The newly dyed hair and new burton chunky knit cardies might have ensnared young old Ayesha but not us. He is an old boring fat postman, with bulbous eyes.

SoleSource Sat 09-Feb-13 00:23:32

Baking grin pmsl!

franny85 Sat 09-Feb-13 02:16:08

I've got tears in my eyes laughing. Noel you are hilarious. Did anyone notice that when Ayesha left it was in the slowest moving taxi ever? It felt like Masood stood staring at her for a good 5 mins grin

Well thank the lord Z finally gone - terrible acting recently & totally unbelievable story line with the Ayesha girl. Boring boring boring.

Let's see more of Michael, Jean, Lola, Denise & Kim. Oh and lovely FatBoy & Poppy, and the fabulous Kirsty.

Let's see some properly interesting story lines that actually go sonewhere (somebody mentioned this, upthread) and not just couples splitting up/reuniting/splitting up/reuniting a la Max & Tanya, Alfie & Kat, Masood & Zainab.

A new family would be very welcome - which house are they moving into?

PaintedBottom Sat 09-Feb-13 11:14:15

I've gone right off Eastenders recently but keep watching it hmm but I did have something rather large in my eye at last night's episode....HATE Zainab's character, but it was still sad, probably because of little Kamil. What was the point in Ayesha please?

I agree with you NotQuitePerfect, I love "Fatty Boy" (the single, funniest thing Zainab has ever said) and really think he needs a proper story line. We've seen hints that he's had family problems in the past and he has potential to play a more serious role. Would be interesting to see.

PaintedBottom Sat 09-Feb-13 11:20:39

Oh I just wanted to add some useless information......did you know that in real life, Roxy's uncle is Alan Sugar? True story.

LineRunner Sat 09-Feb-13 13:26:05

I presume Zainab has gone to stay with the mysterious absent daughter.

MooMooSkit Sat 09-Feb-13 14:47:01

I can't stand Michael Moon. I'd like to see Kirsty used more as she was so great in the Take.

Again, they could of got rid of rotten roxy when Ronnie went. She is an awful character that just spends her time moping after men that don't want her.

JayARC Sat 09-Feb-13 14:59:51

I can't stand Lucy. Can't act for toffee, makes me twitch every time she comes on screen

LineRunner Sat 09-Feb-13 15:26:41

So many of them can't act very well.

Lucy
Ava
Ayesha
Ian
Sharon 'The Back'
Jack
Billy
Phil

Such one-trick ponies.

Bakingnovice Sat 09-Feb-13 20:16:45

Jacks acting is dire. As is joeys. Hate soap characters who are there for nothing more than looks.

mrsjay Sat 09-Feb-13 20:48:05

masood names is masood ahmed isn't it ? I did cry last night I thought the break up was heartbreaking they both just knew <sob> was very emotional

mrsjay Sat 09-Feb-13 20:48:53

presume Zainab has gone to stay with the mysterious absent daughter.

I think she went to pakistan to see her mother I think her Daughter is working there or 'something'

NoelHeadbands Sat 09-Feb-13 20:52:01

Joey is a terrible actor. But he's so pretty. And Jack is awful (and I still giggle when I remember him fluffing his lines in the live episode)

Tyler has suddenly seemed to develop a bit of a speech impediment. Got a Peter Beale 'awight tweacle' thing going on that I'm sure he hasn't always had?

mrsjay Sat 09-Feb-13 21:02:06

Joey looks like all the other misunderstood badboys on enders, I thought it was dennis rickman the return when I first saw him

mrsjay Sat 09-Feb-13 21:03:05

Tyler has suddenly seemed to develop a bit of a speech impediment. Got a Peter Beale 'awight tweacle' thing going on that I'm sure he hasn't always had?

you are right it just seems to be have happened,

NoelHeadbands Sat 09-Feb-13 21:20:54

Thanks MrsJ not just me who's noticed it then

mrsjay Sat 09-Feb-13 21:22:05

I half expect him to shout oiy oiy and burst into a chas and dave song

NoelHeadbands Sat 09-Feb-13 21:25:06

grin grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.