EASTENDERS thread..

(1000 Posts)
SoleSource Tue 05-Feb-13 19:45:11

You watch Easties?

Bakingnovice Mon 06-May-13 20:29:44

Bianca attacking that evil chipmunk Kane was hilarious. Best comedy scene of the year. He has one ugly mug.

I'm a bit behind but some thoughts: how terrible did Sharon look on her wedding day? Thank god Liam's gone. Roxy seems to be morphing into Kat with all that flipping makeup. Where did Max's huge airy flat appear from in the middle of the square? Glad Michael has a decent storyline as I really loathed him in the Tyler boxing/jean storylines. Janine looks terrible. Ray should get together with bianca. All the brannings need to go. And they can take Ava. Bring back Peggy and pat.

PaintedBottom Tue 07-May-13 01:04:45

Poor Michael sad He is absolutely my favourite character. He's sarcastic, hilarious and has had me in stitches with some of his one liners grin But on the complete opposite end of the scale, he plays 'upset' and 'devastated' beautifully. He really makes me want to cry because I'm over hormonal sometimes sad

Blondeshavemorefun Tue 07-May-13 16:12:00

I felt for Michael last night sad he genuinely loves his daughter and good to show that some children are better off with their dads rather then with the mum

Love the way the teenagers had so little respect for their parents /older figures ie Lola and Sharon and Lucy and Ian

Rocky is suddenly getting broody and wants Alfie's baby - why ? She can barely look after Amy as it is

No one has been buying any cars so how does max afford a flat /mortgage and b&b

Love the way they always ask if the barmaid (can't rem her name but the one who doesn't talk much as then will get paid more) can cope/be able to run bar on own while they shag

That's her job !!!

And back to the usual topic of bianca and why she doesn't get wtc - housing benefit etc etc etc and is always so poor

Prob bout time she met another man and had no 5 smile

janey68 Tue 07-May-13 19:58:32

Oooh is this ronnie creeping back into the Vic?

TwllBach Tue 07-May-13 22:49:47

Abbie. Is. Beyond. Irritating.

I quite like dexter though - he does irritating very convincingly.

OhLori Wed 08-May-13 10:17:49

Dexter - wow that accent is like nails on a blackboard to me.

Abbie - beg to disagree, if is she the blonde Brannie daughter. I think she's sweet with her sweet button eyes and her idealism about romance, her family and becoming a vet, unusual I know in Eastenders.

Hmmm... the Michael thing. I get what people are saying, those one-liners and delicious flashing/knowing smiles. But is just a bit damaged and trying to do the right thing - or is he still the resident sociopath? I think we should be told.

Janine - being hateful mother of the year, its a horrible storyline, hope it doesn't go on too long.

AmandinePoulain Wed 08-May-13 19:50:37

I thought Alfie couldn't make babies? Didn't they visit an ivf clinic after 'Tommy' died? confused

SoleSource Wed 08-May-13 20:12:28

Who was that guy in The Vic???

TwllBach Wed 08-May-13 20:37:59

I thought it was just that Alfie had really slow swimmers? Kat got upduffed and had a miscarriage with him didn't she?

Bakingnovice Wed 08-May-13 21:28:13

Has anyone else noticed how mahoosive the cafe has become? It's got a new massive back kitchen and loads more space. And a jukebox!

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 08-May-13 21:32:31

Yes Alfie has slow swimmers but sure will get foxy roxy preggers ASAP

Yes the cafe has expanded. Just like most houses in the square

VonHerrBurton Thu 09-May-13 18:04:53

What's happened to Shazzas awful extensions?! Don't mistake me for a complainer, they were truly hideous, but over the last couple of episodes her hair seems to have all but disappeared into a small clip at the back with a few wispy tufts...is this the start of a new look? Has she taken notice of us all and got rid of the aladdins carpet down her back?

please, please go chestnut brown, short bob...mind you, her neck may look shorter still. What's a girl to do!

VonHerrBurton Thu 09-May-13 18:06:52

aladdins carpet? That's not right is it :D aladdins cave oh shit, you know what I mean!!

SoleSource Thu 09-May-13 19:33:01

Do they know that geezer?

rufussmum Thu 09-May-13 20:13:00

You mean a flying carpet?
More like a rag rug.
Or a shag pile.

rufussmum Thu 09-May-13 20:13:58

Shag Pile Sharon. Appropriate somehow.

Bakingnovice Fri 10-May-13 09:48:06

Why do roxy and her and Tanya insist on having these bizarre blond ringlets hanging from their heads. Roxys are terrible. You can actually see the join point of all 4 of her ringlets. Ringlets of 40 something hags is wrong. Very very wrong!

OhLori Fri 10-May-13 10:10:54

Laughing at the ringlets, and the make-up, and the botox <needs to get out more>. But I do like Eastender's over-the-top theatrical dressing up box sometimes, even if it sometimes borders on pantomime ...
I think someone else commented on the amount of make-up all the women are wearing, and that this is a new development. I have noticed that Bianca and Bianca's mother (very attractive) are some of the few women not caked in make-up from morning to night.

The plot lines seem all over the place at the moment.

cheerfulweather Fri 10-May-13 19:57:32

The ringlets! I remember thinking Tanya looked like one of those ship figurehead when she had a particularly long mass of ringlets. They're really not very flattering. There's a lot of false eyelashes around too, I spent time spotting during one particularly dull episode.

Bianca's mother does look more attractive than the others, with the subtle make up, even though she's much older.

cheerfulweather Fri 10-May-13 20:33:52

I also find the 'Fatboy' (or whatever he's called) and Poppy couple extremely pointless and irritating.

EllieArroway Sat 11-May-13 01:29:43

I reckon Michael is going to fall for Alice - like, really properly fall for her. Then Janine will want him back & he'll be torn between tru luv, & his baby/pots of money.

Or am I just reading too much into it? blush

EllieArroway Sat 11-May-13 01:34:17

And does anyone else think that Jay is getting better & better looking all the time? He was just stunning tonight.

And I feel a right perv saying that because I'm old enough to be his mum older sister.

MuchBrighterNow Sat 11-May-13 09:41:58

Fat Boy and Poppy... WTF was that tuna storyline ! ...pass me the puke bucket.

AmandinePoulain Sat 11-May-13 11:40:20

I know! What was she on about?! The tuna was stored in a can so it made her ill?! Ummm...isn't tuna generally stored in a tin? hmm

OhLori Sat 11-May-13 21:26:40

Oooo yes, Michael and Alice's growing strange but interesting relationship, I'm getting that vibe too Ellie.

Also re. Alice, they've changed her appearance, ever-so-gradually, from a complete frump frankly .... to pretty girl.

This thread is not accepting new messages.