EASTENDERS thread..

(1000 Posts)
SoleSource Tue 05-Feb-13 19:45:11

You watch Easties?

TwllBach Fri 19-Apr-13 19:09:51

Twitchy sociopath

Love it grin

Crutchlow35 Fri 19-Apr-13 19:25:28

Am so tired of the brannings. Max and his affairs, Lauren and her drinking, Tanya being downtrodden. They need to move on.

minkembra Fri 19-Apr-13 22:53:00

What is with the Max storyline - when kirsty was heading for the 'clinic' it was dark. Late night clinic perhaps? But if I am not wrong, at the stage she was pretending to be at, they just give you the tablets don't they?
Mind you of course Max never asked how pg she was or if she had taken a test been to the doctors etc. very convenient plot device.

And than janine saying tell the baby when she wakes up that mummy is home. the baby was awake. She was sitting up looking at her.

garlicyoni Fri 19-Apr-13 23:44:40

Tsk, you're not paying full attention mink. Michael had put Scarlett to sleep just before Janine came over all threatening. This being Soap Land, I guess Janine will have the right to take baby & house away from the father who's raised her since birth hmm I look forward to much futile shouting at the screen - but Michael's bound to come up with some convoluted scheme, which will at least provide relief from Jesse's irritating efforts to turn Kat into a rounded personality.

Yh, you would have thought Max was experienced enough by now to ask about POAS and pre-natal appointments ... but he is Magnetic Max, the most useless dipstick ever to dip his wick in half the female cast of a teatime soap! You lot can have him, I cheered when Tanya finally told him There Is No Future grin

garlicyoni Fri 19-Apr-13 23:45:14

(Now, where did I put my life? I'm sure I had one blush)

cheerfulweather Sat 20-Apr-13 00:06:44

I would have cheered when Tanya told Max there was no future, and I'd really like to believe her, but I don't. Especially after Kirsty's secret is revealed.

Was Michael, Joe from This Life (Penny finally dropped tonight)? He was quite lovely then, but it was nearly 20 years ago.

SinisterBuggyMonth Sat 20-Apr-13 09:27:18

Yes, I remember him from This Life, driving around in gist VW Beetle, shagging Anna on the desk. All this bollox with Janine, Michael belongs with Kira, with here Gerri alliwell streak. Miss This Life...

ChocsAwayInMyGob Sat 20-Apr-13 09:55:38

Yes he was amazing in This Life, the best TV series of the 90s. I was mid twenties when it was on, and I wanted to their life. Steve John Shepherd played Jo, a barrister's clerk and he was great in the role. Funnily enough he is much scrawnier now. Usually people go the other way as they get older.
He always looks hungry and hunted in EE.

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 20-Apr-13 15:29:12

he was gawgus in this life - not quite so sexy now

and you would have thought max would have had the snip after oscar accident as he didnt want any more kids

take 2 to tango

HeavenlyYoni Sun 21-Apr-13 00:15:22

He was in Chalet Girls as well if I'm not mistaken.

bleedingheart Tue 23-Apr-13 07:38:29

I like the way that Steve John Shepherd's face appears to critique the storylines. A wry smile here, a raised eyebrow there...

I'm sure when Max went to get a car to take Kirsty to the clinic it was daylight, a quick heart-to-heart with Tanya and then Kirsty is out in the dark, dropping her scanties all over the floor (not for the first time!).
I know she has had a tough life but trying to get pregnant when your husband was pushing for an abortion is a really bad idea. 'you've seen how happy he is?' Errr? Max is the living embodiment of 'if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.'
Come on Kat! Do the right thing!
Janine has resurrected the knee-high boots she used to wear when she was on the game. Why?
Also, I've heard that young people tweet, text, Facebook about everything so it is such bull that Lauren didn't know Joey had run the marathon! He might not tweet etc but Lucy would've been facebooking like billy-o.

PaintedBottom Fri 26-Apr-13 20:16:44

Kane seriously looks like he may be slightly unhinged....there's something seriously wrong with his face hmm

QOD Fri 26-Apr-13 20:43:22

I think I'd react a bit like Bianca if I came across Kane, he's got a face you want to punch!
He's probably a lovely lad, but he's got that arrogant thug swagger to a t and it makes me want to kill him

Oopla Fri 26-Apr-13 20:48:52

Janine and her knee high boots, Kirsty and her waders grin

qazxc Sun 28-Apr-13 09:39:58

kirsty when leaving had a suitcase with a couple of sexy nighties but when opening wardrobe to pack for max has loads of clothes inc a few big coats with furry collars. confused
Also even if she does get knocked straight away does she not think that people will be wondering why she is still preggers 10 months later? That's if she can get knocked up straight away because she's no spring chicken and as someone who has been trying to ttc for 2 years, sometimes it doesn't come that easy. Her only way out of it would be to fake a miscarriage, but then i wouldn't say that kat would keep her mouth shut.

qazxc Sun 28-Apr-13 09:43:18

also i thought when an extra with a hoodie was behind liam as he was leaving in the market that we were going to have a last minute murder. I mean lets face it most people face a sticky end in that area.

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 28-Apr-13 18:42:14

bianca walloping and squealing in the house with kane was funny

garlicyoni Mon 29-Apr-13 19:49:50

I loved the Bianca Tigress act! Just saw the front cover of a telly magazine shrieking that Sharon's going to die! So unable was I to contain my joy, I told the checkout lady how thrilled I am hmm Oh, let it be soon ... !

TwllBach Mon 29-Apr-13 20:05:53

Whaaaaaaaaat?? Really??? finallyyyyyy

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 29-Apr-13 20:43:28

shazza dies?????

maybe that will bring grant back grin

and he then can meet his son mark who will fly over from oz with his mum michelle grin

MuchBrighterNow Tue 30-Apr-13 21:07:01

You'd think as Shazza's best friend Tanya is a hairdresser she'd sort out those hideous blonde extensions for her.

SinisterBuggyMonth Tue 30-Apr-13 22:21:26

Yes, Grant back. Shells son back to claim his Mitchell routes, Courtney back to fight with Lola and Steven Beale running the Vic with his troubled boyfriend Ben Mitchell.

Sharon can't only redeem herself noe by confronting Lucy one her attempting to turn into her mum Cindy by reminding her that she what an arse she was. Lucy is really starting to remind me of Vic Reeves playing Lloyd Grossman in the Masterchef sketch with the skeletal fingernails.

cheerfulweather Tue 30-Apr-13 22:50:12

I'm glad the gang story is over with. Hoping Sharon's painkiller addiction is another quick one, "realistically" am guessing she'll be addicted and recovered, within weeks.

The Joey/Lauren <cringe at the break-up scene on Monday> is another one of those boomerang couples, like kat and Alfie, Tanya and Max. Destined to be together ("because we love each other") and the cycle of breaking-up then getting back together, repeats and repeats, it grows tiring after a while.

cheerfulweather Tue 30-Apr-13 22:53:37

"Sharon can't only redeem herself noe by confronting Lucy one her attempting to turn into her mum Cindy by reminding her that she what an arse she was. Lucy is really starting to remind me of Vic Reeves playing Lloyd Grossman in the Masterchef sketch with the skeletal fingernails."

Yes. grin Poor Lucy looks so skeletal, to the point of being ill. A poor and negative image for younger girls to potentially aspire to. And how old was the old Lucy? Much older I thought.

Chipstick10 Wed 01-May-13 09:18:52

Eastenders attempt at comedy lacks the subtle Witt of corrie, it kind of hits you with a very big sledge hammer.

This thread is not accepting new messages.