Richard The Third under the car park - Channel 4 :)

(103 Posts)
SoleSource Mon 04-Feb-13 21:10:05

Are you watching too?

AnyaKnowIt Mon 04-Feb-13 21:12:25

Yep, amazing stuff

LiviaAugusta Mon 04-Feb-13 21:12:47

Yes! Richard three plus Simon Farnaby, televisual heaven for the evening!

gailforce1 Mon 04-Feb-13 21:16:03

This is fascinating - am glued!

Armi Mon 04-Feb-13 21:17:43

I know we are all indebted to this woman from the Richard III society for getting the bones dug up, but she's driving me nuts. I don't think getting 'chills' in the carpark, or the fact that there was a faded 'R' on the Tarmac or it rained oh-so-significantly when the body was discovered is making her appear to be entirely sensible.

Is that the Horrible Histories man?

BluelightsAndSirens Mon 04-Feb-13 21:19:18

My 10 year old has asked me to tape it for her!

grin Armi my thinking too

Phillipa is a bit woo. grin

Thewhingingdefective Mon 04-Feb-13 21:20:43

Watching it now, but can't get 'stupid deaths, stupid deaths, they're funny cos they're true' out of my head.

Exactly defective it's all I can think of. grin And where is Yony Robinson when there are trenches being dug?

*Tony even.

For you defective. <arf>

Thewhingingdefective Mon 04-Feb-13 21:25:39

Excellent!

butterflybuns Mon 04-Feb-13 21:28:02

My thought exactly sparkling! Tony will be well pissed off- years spent in the rain excavating yet another Roman coin and then Mr Stupid Deaths walztes in and gets the most exciting gig.

LiviaAugusta Mon 04-Feb-13 21:28:12

She is a bit melodramatic this lady isn't she! Fascinating though, I gasped a little when it showed the skeleton had a curved spine.

SoleSource Mon 04-Feb-13 21:28:16

Sparkles lol

And woolly jumper man butterfly. Have they done any geofizz? grin

Aww he gets a flag. Good job it didn't turn out to be a peasant.

butterflybuns Mon 04-Feb-13 21:39:08

Nah, no whittling of sticks and it's taken alot longer than a weekend. Didn't HH do a Richard 3rd song? Philippa is a fruit loop but credit to her, it wouldn't have happened without her batty driving force.

I love Simon's hair. It has a life of it's own grin

butterflybuns Mon 04-Feb-13 21:49:41

Bloody Roman nails get everywhere!

AnyaKnowIt Mon 04-Feb-13 21:50:29

Loving the idea of the nail gun grin

limitedperiodonly Mon 04-Feb-13 21:51:34

I know it's shallow but this whole thing has me thinking of a Two Ronnies' sketch on rhyming slang where Ronnie Barker kept talking about a small brown Richard the Third in the middle of the pavement. It was a turd. Or a bird.

I just can't get it out of my head.

I am watching this on catch up, and I missed the start.

How did the woman first get the idea that he was buried there under the carpark?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now