waterloo road

(20 Posts)
tabulahrasa Wed 06-Feb-13 18:52:26

Oh I know there's supposed to be pupils from Greenock, I'm just hmm about them, lol.

I know changing your name doesn't affect a clear disclosure check, but you would have to list any previous names and somebody would have had to check the paperwork before it was sent off and somebody would have got the employers copy.

CanIHaveAPetGiraffePlease Wed 06-Feb-13 17:25:12

The scenery shots are amazing. Not that I watch it or anything . . .

ShruggedAndSaid Wed 06-Feb-13 17:22:23

A name change doesn't affect a CRB clearance, a criminal conviction would though and Chalky hasn't received any convictions, cautions, reprimands or warnings so he would get clearance whether he had one name change or a dozen name changes.

SpanishFly Tue 05-Feb-13 14:44:04

Greenock works well on TV - some really lovely areas to film

SpanishFly Tue 05-Feb-13 14:42:55

yes, the Greenock move really was stupid - except it was purely for the BBC to move production work elsewhere. But it was a bizarre storyline which made no real sense.

I think it's finally starting to feel a bit more settled, but I do miss scenes in the teachers' houses, eg I loved all the goings-on in Tom's house. We dont even know where Tom lives now, afaik.

The extra pupils are locals - remember the head teacher at the the other local school wasnt happy that a lot of them moved to WR?

ARE they following the english curriculum, or are they doing their own thing? Have they mentioned that?

No idea what Blondie is getting out of funding an entire school, with not a lot of thanks, far less financial benefit.

"Why is no-one from Greenock?" - a lot of them are - Connor and his mum, the girl who was burned (cant remember her name), and the others tend to be from the old WR or have moved house to attend the school (which also makes no sense).

"Why do the Barry children still have scouse accents when they're growing up in Greenock?" I thought they had just moved there, but who knows?

"Why does Jane beale's real accent sound more fake than her fake accent." Yes, this irritates me hugely - her scottish accent sounds really forced and fake, weirdly.

Could Chalky have got his CRB check etc, but then decided not to tell an employer about his name-change? Or would that all have to be disclosed to the head of the school?

tabulahrasa Mon 04-Feb-13 12:42:51

The whole moving to Greenock thing is stupid...I can cope with the fact they moved, but it doesn't work properly. I have many issues with Waterloo road at the moment.

Where did the extra pupils come from? They're following the English curriculum - who changes their child's school for one with a different curriculum in the middle of an exam course?

How are the new Scottish teachers managing to teach the English curriculum with no preparation or support.

Why does it exist, it has to be an independent school, but why is blondie paying for an entire school? Is it not an awfully expensive hobby?

Why is no-one from Greenock?

Why do the Barry children still have scouse accents when they're growing up in Greenock?

Why does Jane beale's real accent sound more fake than her fake accent.

How did chalky get a CRB check/disclosure/ join the PVG scheme without mentioning his name change?

I'm not so bothered by the big plot points being a bit over the top, I just wish they pay some attention to details.

SpanishFly Sat 02-Feb-13 23:22:34

Awww, finally they get a good character, then he leaves sad

GayleFartsAreLoud Sat 02-Feb-13 22:41:01

^ sham = shame blush

GayleFartsAreLoud Sat 02-Feb-13 22:40:01

www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s24/waterloo-road/news/a407127/waterloo-road-star-mark-benton-to-leave-chalky-role-next-year.html

Chalky is going to star as Edna in Hairspray. I would like to go and see that. Sham he is leaving Waterloo Road though. sad

GayleFartsAreLoud Sat 02-Feb-13 22:35:20

Spanish, Chalky is leaving to star in a musical. He was discussing it on Lorraine.

Half the original cast got squashed by a lorry after stopping for a photo on the way there.

Blonde woman is rich and paid for a school up in Scotland. Waterloo Road in England got shut down

HenD19 Fri 01-Feb-13 21:43:41

They moved Waterloo rd up to Scotland as the blonde woman (can't rem her name) had loads of money to invest in settin up a new school and she wanted it in Scotland. She wanted Michael as head and then he got to hand pick staff choosing many from the old w rd. some ex original w rd pupils were moved up too and live in the boarding house.

SpanishFly Fri 01-Feb-13 21:33:58

Gayle, there wasn't any mention of them leaving - unless I missed something? I thought it was the start of a Big Storyline, in fact.

The school is in Greenock cos thingy from eastenders and My Family is a millionaire and wanted to start a kind of private school/academy for kids down on their luck. Why it is in Greenock escapes me. In fact, the more I try to explain it, the more baffled I seem to be.

If a school kept having big events and dramas happen like they do in Waterloo Road in RL I think it would be shut down grin

Car stealing, kids winning the lottery, brownies spiked with weed, fires etc

BrigitBigKnickers Fri 01-Feb-13 18:29:06

I watched it last night for the firat time in ages. Rather confused- how did the school end up in Scotland? And with many of the same staff! confused

GayleFartsAreLoud Fri 01-Feb-13 18:22:23

Same here Hen.

Is Chalky quitting for good or will he return? He is bowing out to star in a musical. Possibly Glee? The storyline with him and Kevin was very good. Shame to see them go.

I am sick of pouty Dynasty and her stupid brother. He looks to old to be playing the part of a school kid. I hope he gets expelled soon. Sick of seeing his stupid face and the stuff he gets away with.

Poor Connor. sad

HenD19 Fri 01-Feb-13 18:13:02

I love it despite knowing it's awful! I look forward to it every week then watch it whilst my husband comments on how awful it is!

They are very relaxed when it comes to uniform too grin Dynasty in her ripped tights and short skirt and heels.

EddieVeddersfoxymop Fri 01-Feb-13 18:10:04

Waterloo Road used to be brilliant. Now its just so unrealistic it's unreal - yet I am compelled to watch it blush

The scenes with Chalky were good though grin

SpanishFly Fri 01-Feb-13 18:01:26

Wo ok, it's dreadful. But the scenes with Chalky and Kevin this week were just brilliantly done.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now