Lewis was a bit Hathaway-Lite tonight.

(36 Posts)
KurriKurri Mon 28-Jan-13 23:05:40

He'd better feature extensively in the next episode or there will be trouble. On the other hand I'm glad Lewis has finally got his act together with Laura.

Can someone explain how the crooked policeman bloke managed to get away with what he did? (I was doing a tricky bit of knitting at that bit and missed what happened)

Aftereightsarenolongermine Sat 16-Feb-13 08:25:45

Bit sad that it seemed to be the end of Lewis though agree they seem to have left it open in case. They could do lots of exploring Hathaways tortured soul.

Clawdy Wed 13-Feb-13 21:16:53

Always longed for dour old Morse to find love. Knew he wouldn't. Hoped Hathaway might. He didn't. Am I the only one to think could not stand to watch another episode with pleasant but pudding-faced Lewis and Laura fawning over each other?

CarrieDon Tue 12-Feb-13 14:16:20

How about Lewis and Hathaway becoming accidental, occasional private investigators, bumping up a bit against their old copper colleagues?

Love Hathaway - lots of hidden depths there to explore. Nice to see Robbie happy with Laura <sigh>

bamboozled Tue 12-Feb-13 14:10:46

It's been really bothering me, why wasn't Harry at the funeral??

topsyturner Tue 12-Feb-13 11:14:28

<joins thread , dresses in black , weeps and wails at the loss of Hathaway ...... >

KurriKurri Tue 12-Feb-13 10:46:26

I hope they do some more - maybe they could go down the Christmas special route? Hathaway could get his act together, be promoted to Inspector and have his own sidekick, then a tricky case could come up and he calls his old friend Robbie out of retirement to help (although its not really retirement as Laura has miraculously and unexpectedly had a baby and Robbie is a SAHD)
There - I've practically written it for them grin

And blowing Leo up was a shock too far - I'm still getting over that! - Harry will realise what fool he was to leave, and will come back and comfort Nicky in her hour of need, she will take over as head of the pathology place, and there will be a desperate love triangle, as Jack also harbours secret longings for Nicky. Of course there will be some dead bodies and preposterous plots thrown in for good measure.

bamboozled Tue 12-Feb-13 09:36:48

With Hathaway leaving, Leo blown up, Borgen finished, what in earth is there to do of an evening...?

robbins Tue 12-Feb-13 09:33:49

Kevin has said that they might be back filming in 2014 and if Laurence and Billie don't do so well in the US the show might I will live in hope since Hathaway hadn't spoken to Innocent yet and Lewis hadn't actually retired they where both just talking about it

MsMarple Tue 12-Feb-13 09:08:13

Yes, the whole of tv land will be Hathaway-lite from now on sad

wintera Tue 12-Feb-13 07:23:54

Anyone watch the last one last night? I knew Hathaway would pack in being a copper. Been leading to it all this series really hasn't it?

CarpeJugulum Tue 29-Jan-13 14:27:55

Caught up finally!

Sooooo cute at the end. Loved Hathaway & Innocent's faces.

Squeeeeee!!!

foxinsocks Tue 29-Jan-13 12:41:58

we are a BUNCH OF SOPS lol

SirBoobAlot Tue 29-Jan-13 10:33:47

Yes the holding hands did it for me <chokes up at memory> and then when she came running up and practically ATE HIS FACE OFF at the end... grin grin grin

BartletForTeamGB Tue 29-Jan-13 09:05:33

Nice touch with Lewis having helped the new chap, DC Gray, as a teenager during his Virgin Islans stint.

But, oh, Lewis & Laura, finally! grin

CarpeJugulum Tue 29-Jan-13 08:39:56

I nodded off for the last 10 minutes... ARGH!

ITV player here I come!

Laurence Fox said last year that the current series will be the last as both he and Kevin Whately felt it was time to move on. I'm assuming Lewis will retire, deciding he doesn't want to die on the job like Morse.

It was the moment when they went down to the canal boat and they didn't drop hands after Lewis helped her over the fence. You knew it WAS finally going to happen, just not totally sure how.

Interestingly, I know quite a few people who couldn't get on with Morse at all but who love Lewis. And yes, ITV are going to do more Endeavour instead, I believe.

foxinsocks Tue 29-Jan-13 08:33:42

I don't like it either LIZS. Much prefer 2 hours.

foxinsocks Tue 29-Jan-13 08:33:16

I know, almost had me welling up too (ridiculous woman fgs!). It was the holding hands that did it!

now we just need the 2 in Death in Paradise to get it on aswell

LIZS Tue 29-Jan-13 08:31:58

Felt like a series ending somehow. Don't like the 2-episode format , it loses momentum and a week is too long between to pick up the threads again.

BartletForTeamGB Tue 29-Jan-13 08:28:24

Oh, lovely! I about welled up just when they were holding hands and haven't got to the snogging yet (will watch the rest today) so there might well be tears. I am pregnant and hormonal so I so have a great excuse!

tattoosarenotallowed Tue 29-Jan-13 00:44:41

Oh I shall sooo zoom to the snog first grin

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Tue 29-Jan-13 00:41:47

Near the end, in the pub, in front of her madamness, and a very prettily sun burnt Hathers.

tattoosarenotallowed Tue 29-Jan-13 00:29:10

OMG I am sooo happy grin

I shall watch it on catchup tomorrow now with my happy face on. Is the snog at the end/middle/beginning? <wonders if it's reasonable to zoom through to the snog first>

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Tue 29-Jan-13 00:25:43

Yeah.
And SHE started it!

BewitchedBotheredandBewildered Tue 29-Jan-13 00:24:39

I'd convinced myself that Robbie and Laura were off into the sunset and there would be a new series called Hathaway with the nice new bloke with hidden talents as his sidekick.
And now you've all spoilt it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now