The Following

(37 Posts)
gypsyfloss Sat 26-Jan-13 21:29:54

Anyone watching this? Scaring the crap out of me grin

I can't wait for ep4!

That nanny is one crazy psycho bitch indeed, the arm slashing?! Wtf was that about?!!

I didn't see it coming when that guy's wife was one of them, now she's vanished too...

Thought it was quite clever of Jordy to be able to commit suicide like that personally blush but yeah still quite horrible to watch.

I really think there will be some massive twist at the end, hopefully anyway!

gypsyfloss Thu 07-Feb-13 21:14:14

Rodenty...yep I agree.

I found the Jordan choking himself to death horrible to watch . I struggled to keep my dinner down. I also wasn't keen on the video at the end where they were forcing the boy to kill the mouse.

I can't decide if it's got potential or actually a fairly mediocre storyline that is relying on the deaths to spice it up. I think things like Homeland and The Wire have set the bar high for me smile

fishcalledwonder Thu 07-Feb-13 10:33:28

I think they want us to be suspicious of the boss, which immediately makes me think it's a red herring.

Another James vote. Kev has always looked a bit rodenty to me.

Nancy66 Thu 07-Feb-13 10:27:36

is it too far-fetched to think that Reilly could be a follower?

EauRouge Thu 07-Feb-13 09:54:45

I've just caught up. Good innit?

I think the new boss is the one sending the 'do it now' text messages. I also came up with a crazy theory during a 3am night feed that she is the real cult leader and is just using the James Purefoy character. Or possibly is second in command.

Re the Kevin/James question- definitely James.

I didn't think it was that gory blush A lot of the gore seems to be dead bodies, they don't show loads of violence on-screen compared to some other programmes. Also the gory details are a minor part of the story line rather than the main part, like those Hostel-type movies. Really, I've totally gone off violent things since the DDs were born but I can handle this show quite easily desensitised.

cocolepew United States Wed 06-Feb-13 21:55:15

Just watched episode 3, good grief it's gory shock loving it though.

Go for it CheerfulYank, just have something to hide behind grin

I'm really liking so far. I just hope it doesn't go all weird far fetched and get dragged on longer than it should be.

But so far so good smile

Remenber it's corn syrup

It's corn syrup

It's corn syrup

grin

gypsyfloss Wed 06-Feb-13 20:31:18

I can't decide whether I like this programme or not...I'm not sure I'm made for such gore!

grin there's still something about him though

gypsyfloss Wed 06-Feb-13 19:20:49

Catching up now. That nanny is fucking scary, she's the most psychotic of the lot.

Definitely James not Kevin...his face needs an iron grin

We had episode three!!!

Agreed that the boss isn't who she seems. Y else would she have let that woman go. Kevin wasnt sure about her clearly.?

I wonder if they will reveal truth about the son can't think y his father would have him kidnapped.

Oh and Kevin for sure!!! No idea he is in his fifties god I feel dirty lol smile

CheerfulYank Wed 06-Feb-13 06:42:22

I really want to watch it but I'm scared to. blush Should I?

ohfunnyhoneyface Wed 06-Feb-13 06:36:39

I predict new female boss is faking- the in depth spiel she gave when looking round the nanny's house (who else jumped and screamed when the mask moved??) was too deliberate to be real. She's a red herring. But Old Kevin Bacon might think it's real, go after her, and then the real followers will strike again!

The Nanny creeps me out- sex with door open?? Ok, stab your mother and bury her in the wall- but seriously love, shut the door!

Oh and anyone else really liking the Poe references and now wants to re-read all the stories?!

I'm planning in watching ep3 tonight, when DP is home from the gym, no way am I watching it alone! grin

I really get into these things although DP can always guess spot on what's going to happen every time so I've stopped discussing it with him confused
Loving Kevin in this, not seen him in much before.

gypsyfloss Wed 06-Feb-13 05:56:00

Not seen episode 3 yet. I am too much of a scaredy pants to watch it alone so it's recorded to be watched at a sensible hour this evening.

So if the child is Kevin's son wtf is he called after a serial killer?

WifeofPie Wed 06-Feb-13 00:10:19

Episode 3 was on here last night...not sure if you've had it in the UK yet, so won't discuss any plot points.

In the meantime...Kevin or James?

I did wonder about that to! And omg I knew it, something did happen with those guys!

gypsyfloss Tue 05-Feb-13 21:06:52

Hasn't though of that one Coco.

cocolepew United States Mon 04-Feb-13 21:03:15

Was Joey born while Joe was out of jail? I was starting to think that he was Kevin Bacons son.

gypsyfloss Mon 04-Feb-13 20:44:54

Oh good point Clara! I think deffo new lady cop is not who she seems. I think actually that's what is so disconcerting about this...everyone could be one of them...

ClaraOswinOswald Mon 04-Feb-13 19:44:05

Last night's thought (from behind my pillow):

If the ex wife hated him (Joe Carroll) so much, why did she call her son Joey?

ClaraOswinOswald Mon 04-Feb-13 17:27:43

I'm so glad I found this thread (I was hoping there would be one). OMG it is so scary but brilliant! Episode 1 gave me nightmares and apparently I woke up DH and told him to go and get the children and put them in our bed so we could keep them safe!

For some reason I watched Episode 2 and when I screamed my poor dog ran downstairs to check I was ok! I was also a bit indignant to find that not only were the 2 neighbours serial killers, but they weren't even gay!
smile

Can't wait for the next one.

I don't trust the ex wife or the new boss, but then I think everyone could be one.

Coconutty Costa Rica Sun 03-Feb-13 19:14:27

New boss def a follower, am suspicious of the ex wife too. Think she may be part of his Big Plan.

WifeofPie Sun 03-Feb-13 17:20:18

Yikes!

cocolepew United States Sun 03-Feb-13 17:19:08

Yup. I said it about everyone that appeared on screen but definitely reckon she is shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now