Being Human: 8 more sleeps until series 5!!

(243 Posts)
ShipwreckedAndComatose Sat 26-Jan-13 19:52:32

That's it really!!

Who's excited??

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 29-Mar-13 18:25:41

Finally watched the ending

So they are now human?

Have deleted now so can't look at the mantelpiece sad

RenterNomad Sat 16-Mar-13 18:21:29

Great end for Rook!

RenterNomad Sat 16-Mar-13 18:21:02

So, have all other vampires and werewolves had their curse lifted?! I struggle to imagine how the world would react to that's happening with all ghosts! However, it's a very dramatically satisfying ending, for all of them! smile

Toasttoppers Sat 16-Mar-13 13:33:25

I actually preferred the new characters to the original cast, though I did adore George and Herick.

The origami wolf made it all a bit inception like.

ShipwreckedAndComatose Tue 12-Mar-13 21:50:53

They are saying they will be putting an unseen scene from the last episode on the blog but it hasn't worked yet...
right here

ShipwreckedAndComatose Mon 11-Mar-13 22:28:18

Absolutely, definitely a nod to the others who were part of the family

AngelaMartinLipton Mon 11-Mar-13 22:12:45

There were a lot of items on the shelf:
Mitchell's gloves
Annie's cuppas
George's necklace
Eve's bib
Nina's scan (?)
Hal's domino
Alex's number of the cafe order pad
Tom's carving & stake
Wolf

It's got to be more than the devil winning ...

ShipwreckedAndComatose Mon 11-Mar-13 21:41:35

Have watched it now! I thought it was brilliant!

I prefer to believe that they are actually human and did defeat the devil. I think they each did reject the offer he made.

I liked the mantelpiece shot at the end though...just enough to make it uneasy!!

AngelaMartinLipton Mon 11-Mar-13 21:20:42

It was ace.

I agree with Calamity Kate.

susiedaisy Mon 11-Mar-13 21:17:34

Just watched it feelconfused that it was the last one but loved the ending!

Going to give In the flesh a go next Sunday to soften the blow of BH Finishing!

ShipwreckedAndComatose Mon 11-Mar-13 17:23:14

I haven't watched it yet but couldn't resist a quick sneaky read.

luckily, none of you posts make any sense!!!!!

Looking forward to it tonight smile

TheSmallPrint Mon 11-Mar-13 14:33:31

But it was Hal who wanted the other two so maybe it's his dream.

peeriebear Mon 11-Mar-13 14:19:47

The scan was Ninas, sorry!

peeriebear Mon 11-Mar-13 14:13:40

I wish Tom could have had his happy life with Allison!

peeriebear Mon 11-Mar-13 14:12:36

I think that they did die in the ritual and are now in their happy ever after smile Surely they are in the house of Tom's temptation, with the scan picture and the origami wolf? But Hatch didn't offer them a deal, they're just there.

munchkinmaster Mon 11-Mar-13 13:34:56

Very good - but I'd have sharpened the editing. More apocalypse, more fighting, more bickering with bad Hal. Less individual dream stuff.

Loved Alex's reaction to the end of the world, 'shit's getting real out there.'

Also thought was excellent how the ambiguity was added so subtly. I was thinking 'aw there's George's star of David, Eve's bib, the dog........Fuck! Wait the dog!!!!'

TheSmallPrint Mon 11-Mar-13 13:00:53

Sooooo sad this is finished but thought it was an amazing series. I liked the ending but after considering it and watching again today I don't think they are in Hatch's dream, I know we were being led to believe that but I don't want to! grin. I'm going to have to buy the dvd now to find out.

Stila Mon 11-Mar-13 00:32:04

Well I sobbed when Hal looked in the mirror .
That final pan along the mantlepiece , and then that change in music as it got to the wolf .....
Although it seems we have to buy the dvd

“If you believe that the characters are stuck in one of Captain Hatch’s dreams it’s quite a bleak ending. And so if that’s your take on that last scene then that’s a bit of a bleak way to leave five years of the show, so the DVD scene will address that.”

CalamityKate Mon 11-Mar-13 00:31:10

He was tempted, as were they all but ultimately he rejected the devils offer. He staked him!

Watched the end again and it's mentioned that the devil made a mistake in trying to tempt them individually; that he should have got them together. Maybe he did, and they're sharing a fantasy while he destroys the world as planned....

MoominmammasHandbag Mon 11-Mar-13 00:24:24

The origami wolf the devil made in Tom's temptation was there, along with the objects representing the other characters.

Moo I never even thought of that!

MoominmammasHandbag Sun 10-Mar-13 23:22:39

Tom accepted the devil's temptation didn't he? That's why all that stuff was on the mantelpiece.

CalamityKate Sun 10-Mar-13 23:13:39

Not sure how to take the ending!

pluCaChange Sun 10-Mar-13 22:14:39

I agree about the scariness: nearly jumped out of my skin at the vampires jumping out at Rook and his men (I was feeding DD in the dark, so a bit susceptible!)

I can't believe it's really the last one, I'm so jumpy waiting for 10pm to come around. Please please don't let any of my children wake up!

This series has been so much more frightening, such a shame the hole thing has to come to an end.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now