Breaking Bad - I love it!!

(60 Posts)
incognitoforonenight Fri 25-Jan-13 18:41:48

Just wondering if anyone else watches because I'm getting sick of raving about it to people who all go "what? NEver heard of it", when it is actually one of the best programmes EVER. Yes, EVER.

StrangerintheNight Mon 05-Aug-13 18:37:18

12th August on UK Netflix - only a week to wait!

Disclaimer: didn't really like season 5 as much, so quite prepared to discount these last 8 episodes and pretend it all finished with season 4.

gingertessa Mon 05-Aug-13 15:53:12

11th August for series 5 part 2 broadcast in the US; I don't think I can wait for the DVD release! I am such a fan that I bought DD (10 months) a Heisenberg babygro and my fiance a T shirt with the symbol from the barrel of methylamine on it from eBay smile

PeazlyPops Mon 17-Jun-13 21:46:34

I watched he first few episodes and have up as I just couldn't get into it. People told me to stick with it, so a few weeks later I started watching it again, and I'm glad I did!

Anxiously awaiting the last half of season 5!

LaughingLen Mon 17-Jun-13 21:29:35

I'm gonna set up a free school and the entry criteria will be a parental netflix/ download list of impeccable taste.

LaughingLen Mon 17-Jun-13 21:28:28

Season five awaits me, in real life I know no one, no one who watches this. The school gate talks about master chef, dancing f-listers and talent shows but never a whimper about breaking bad.

StrangerintheNight Mon 20-May-13 09:55:34

I've also re-watched it more than is good for the state of my marriage. Although I confess to fast-forwarding through the interminable car wash sub-plot. It better have some huge bearing on the final few episodes or else...

AfternoonsandCoffeespoons Sat 18-May-13 21:13:40

Fellow BB addict here, just marking my place for news of new series start date. smile

VivaLeBeaver I rememeber after watching the first 2 or 3 episodes, I was tempted not to continue, cos I thought it was a bit boring really. But I'm really, really glad I stuck with it. Its definitely my favourite series ever.

VivaLeBeaver Sat 18-May-13 20:17:15

I saw the pilot ages ago and really, really didn't like it. Shame as so many people rave about the show. Think I may have watched the next episode as well...ended with them making drugs in a trailer/motor home which I think caught fire.?

Maybe I ought to try it again.

PollyPlummer Sat 18-May-13 18:45:17

Another addict here, started watching a few weeks ago and just finished last night. Was shock at the ending and cant wait to see what is going to happen next.
I am a little bit in love with Jesse, I don't think I have seen the actor in anything else.

wintertimeisfun Sat 18-May-13 17:50:38

*bored :-D

wintertimeisfun Sat 18-May-13 17:50:13

i love it too. so much so that i can keep re-watching it and never get board, the loser that i am. i love walt & jesse's relationship as well as jesse's friends ie badger and skinny pete smile

itsallshitandmoreshit Fri 17-May-13 13:43:39

Best thing I have ever seen on television (and I've watched a lot!).
Best writing, casting, acting and directing.

Outstanding. Why hasn't everyone seen it????

thenightsky Thu 16-May-13 21:23:24

I'm about half way through series 4. Not allowed to watch anymore until DS gets home from uni though.

StrangerintheNight Thu 16-May-13 20:25:30

Have been trying to find out when the final batch of programs will be on Netflix, but no luck. Starts in August in the US.

Does anyone have any particular ideas about how it should end? I just want a properly satisfying conclusion, although I can't imagine the writers will opt for a wishy-washy open-ended finale, given what's gone before.

Season 5 was just too depressing for my liking, although I can understand why.

ShirkingViolet Wed 15-May-13 07:24:26

*too

ShirkingViolet Wed 15-May-13 07:23:54

I love it to! Am on series 2, we are watching it all on Netflix smile

flanbase Wed 15-May-13 07:22:14

I've watched all of this and what a great programme.

MirrorballMoon Wed 15-May-13 07:20:30

Skyler

MirrorballMoon Tue 14-May-13 21:18:30

Another addict here grin No one else I know in RL watches it so am so glad to have found this thread!
Am bereft now I've watched up to the end of what is available on Apple TV.
Jesse is my favourite, as he's the only one with any scruples! Although love Hank too... Styler started to annoy me when she (the actress) had her lips done at the end of season one grin
Cannot wait til the new (and last!) season starts. Does anyone know when it will be available here? Think it airs July in the US...

aristocat Sun 10-Mar-13 09:22:36

I am obsessed with this too

Spending too much time watching it but have a crush on Jesse grin and have just watched the end of S4

BOF Sun 10-Feb-13 23:19:43

I absolutely love it- the acting is superb, from everyone. Probably the best tv series I've ever seen.

thenightsky Sun 10-Feb-13 23:16:15

Just started Series 3. Loving it so far.

Cooroo Fri 01-Feb-13 22:48:25

I love the black humour in S1, which there is less of now (but not all gone). And the way you could almost relate... body parts and bath all over the landing, what would you DO??

thenightsky Fri 01-Feb-13 22:03:07

Thornintherose Yes I know what you mean about the tension... I find it very stressy to watch! It's the ups and downs rollercoaster ride.

Thornintherose Fri 01-Feb-13 21:54:51

We have just started watching this week, we're now on Season 2. It is SO tense I can hardly bare to watch it most of the time. It makes me anxious.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now