GettingObsessive Wed 23-Jan-13 21:04:25

Who's watching?

Booyhoo Wed 23-Jan-13 22:07:05

confused comumbian?

*columbian!

ImKateandsoismywife Wed 23-Jan-13 22:09:57

Good luck tomorrow eagleray smile

CarriePie Wed 23-Jan-13 22:10:21

Hairy man would have had his phone hocked down the toilet if I was his lady. I have instructed hubby that the phone stays away. Also phoning his mum 3 secs after the birth - come on mate give it 5 mins.
I loved the Columbia /Mexican couple though - bought a tear to my eye when he said about anyone being a father but it taking a real man to be a dad! What a lovely thing to say!
Ps Id love Lucy the squeaky midwife as mine - she seems lovely!!

recall Wed 23-Jan-13 22:16:43

Columbian Dad so nailed it, they ought to show that to expectant Dads at ante natal classes - watch and learn !

eagleray Wed 23-Jan-13 22:19:58

Thanks everyone smile

DP v touched by Combian guy - hopefully watching him will influence things tomorrow...

Pocketsocks Wed 23-Jan-13 22:37:33

can't help but laugh at the comment about the waters, something like "i thought they might go with a bang" to which the midwife said oh no maybe a tiny pop.
I scared the daylights out of a room full of staff with mine "like a champagne cork" apparently. just goes to show expect the unexpected with labour!

bottleofbeer Wed 23-Jan-13 22:43:38

Uhmmm wonderful Columbian had a camera shoved permanently in her face.

FeckOffCup Thu 24-Jan-13 11:29:18

I really admired that mexican lady (Belem?) giving birth standing and so calmly and without fuss, although have to nitpick one small point, her husband said she did the whole thing without drugs and I'm sure she got gas and air earlier in the programme. Still a lot better than me though, I was begging for a second shot of diamorphine when the first wore off and they wouldn't let me have it as it was "too near the birth now" (which it wasn't, 4 hours of pushing and forceps before any baby appeared).

Orenishii Fri 25-Jan-13 15:55:48

eagleray any news?? Hoping it all went wonderfully and you're chilling out with your new baby right now!

eagleray Mon 28-Jan-13 23:24:03

Hi orenishii - baby finally here today! I have to say that the birth went from being planned HB to ending up almost identical to yours: PROM (or not!), meconium (or not!), trying to cope with hypno, pethedine failing, induction started, epidural given, then ending up with forceps, stirrups and episiotomy.

Feeling a bit rubbish about it all, but it is early days (birth this afternoon) but just trying to accept it. Baby is utterly gorgeous and I'm 41 so v v lucky to have her smile

Bizarrely, quite liking being in hosp as need looking after but will be nice to go home when ready.

It does just seem to depend a lot on luck of the draw and I guess we were unlucky sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now