Anybody watch The Following?

(222 Posts)
DevlinMaccabee Wed 23-Jan-13 10:45:11

First episode was on Sky Atlantic last night. I thought it was pretty good.

Well, you would have thought by now that Ryan and Co would have worked out that the trail to the evac centre would be a ruse/distraction, but there you go.

Poor Debra. Perhaps she isn't one of them. I am so suspicious of everyone!

Yes, ol' turtleneck, like Lady Macbeth or wannabe Lady Macbeth, is loving that Claire messed up, again.

JambalayaCodfishPie Wed 24-Apr-13 20:42:14

That was shit. Poor Jacob. I thought for a second Emma might kill herself after that.

I think I feel let down because I thought it was the finale and it isn't! grin

SilverSky Wed 24-Apr-13 20:43:23

I was truly gutted about Jacob getting garrotted. Such a waste of a lovely face.

PetiteRaleuse Wed 24-Apr-13 20:50:11

That was a good episode. Horrible ending though sad

OhCobblers Wed 24-Apr-13 20:58:08

I expected a more dramatic exit for Jacob!
Poor Debra. Ryan has to find her!
Also would have expected the FBI to be flooding Havenport by now, one on every corner at least!

GypsyFloss Wed 24-Apr-13 21:57:16

So is next week the last one? Much as I haven't really enjoyed it I am impressed that we're heading towards the end and I haven't a clue wtf is going to happen next .

I'm a little curious about Joe's interest in watching Ryan's secret sex tape. Does he love him?
Or is his interest in Ryan linked to the fact he "died and was reborn" through his pacemaker . Very tenuous link there I'll have to admit.

Yes, it's the last one next week. I haven't a clue what'll happen either. Whether Joe can go through with killing Claire, still not sure. I know Emma loves Joe, but I was still surprised about poor Jacob. All the people closest to Joe in his cult were unhinged and mucked up, which has sent Joe off his rocker. He isn't in control now. I wouldn't be surprised if he kills Emma because she isn't Claire IYSWIM.

Joe is definitely obsessed with Ryan. I think he may love him or he is purely jealous because Ryan is the 'hero' - something Joe can never be.

PetiteRaleuse Thu 25-Apr-13 08:05:14

The actors who play Joe and Claire have been signed up for season two and the one who plays Joe says the writer already knows what will happen end of series three but I remember people said taht about Lost

I guess the reborn remarks are to set us up for season two.

GypsyFloss Thu 25-Apr-13 17:20:51

Or he's envious of Ryan because he can die and go through the glorious transformation that is death ( his thoughts not mine!) and then be restored again by his pacemaker. I notice though that Joe's obsession with gaining glory through death doesn't extend to his own death...he seems quite keen to save himself.

Where was little Joey last night? I can't remember what happened to him.

PetiteRaleuse Thu 25-Apr-13 17:50:00

He was rescued by Ryan, flown off to Fbi HQ where his grandmother was going to him.

GypsyFloss Thu 25-Apr-13 19:18:56

Ah, thankyou, I seem to have completely missed that part!

cocolepew Thu 25-Apr-13 19:24:13

I've loved it! Haven't a bloody clue how its going to pan out though.

GypsyFloss Thu 25-Apr-13 22:05:07

It's definitely kept its secrets but I found some if the violence a bit hard going.

PetiteRaleuse Fri 26-Apr-13 09:32:24

I've really enjoyed it, once I have managed to suspend disbelief and take it as it is... i am worried about the prospect of a second and third series however as I don't see how it can be kept going. Well, worried is a strong word. I'm not lying awake at night thinking about it. Or about Kevin Bacon. Oh no.

GypsyFloss Fri 26-Apr-13 20:04:15

Hahaha, wrinkly old leather faced Kevin smile

DevlinMaccabee Fri 26-Apr-13 22:57:48

Just watched this weeks episode as been away.

Poor Debra, hope they find her!

What is up with Fuckwit Claire? Why on earth didn't she slash Joe's neck with the glass bottle or something that would actually kill him instead of just causing him to fall down in agony and getting up again perfectly fine!

PetiteRaleuse Fri 26-Apr-13 23:01:50

Because then they wouldn't be able to do a series two and three grin

GypsyFloss Sat 27-Apr-13 07:27:06

...because she's one of them too but she doesn't even know it?

I agree, I was wondering if Claire is getting immune to the violence after her last attempt on Joe and Munchausen by proxy will kick in on the boat.

PetiteRaleuse Sat 27-Apr-13 08:39:03

Stockholm syndrome you mean?

Arrrgh! blush Double doh! Yes, that's what I meant. smile

DevlinMaccabee Sat 27-Apr-13 22:16:38

Stockholm or Munchausens, she's still a fuckwit!

RhondaJean Sun 28-Apr-13 09:06:08

Maybe my season two fantasy isn't so far off the mark after all!

I cannot wait for Tuesday grin

Me too!

whatwoulddexterdo Mon 29-Apr-13 16:24:33

Sorry I am a bit late to the party but i think Joe will make Ryan choose between him saving Claire or the FBI woman, sorry can't remember her name.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now