New Cbeebies presenter.

(49 Posts)
Kirk1 Mon 21-Jan-13 09:34:55

What do you all think of her? Not seen a lot of her yet so not formed any opinion.

theliverpoolone Mon 21-Jan-13 17:34:31

I think she seems good. Natural, smiley. A million times better than Katie, so hope she's replacing her on the links with Sid etc.

AppleOgies Mon 21-Jan-13 17:37:49

What's her name? DS keeps asking me and I don't know.

She seems okay...

Her name is Cat and she used to be in Hi 5. Took me ages to figure out where I knew her from.

Not fussed tbh. Just another gurning stage school type <shrugs>

JollyRedGiant Mon 21-Jan-13 17:46:34

DH doesn't like her. He reckons she's an interloper and wondered why she dared to interrupt our viewing.

I think he's a little too emotionally involved with cbeebies for a grown adult.

AppleOgies Mon 21-Jan-13 17:46:35

Cat... Right! Must remember for next time DS asks.

She seems to be in the 'trying hard' stage but I do like her. I quite like Katie too though (and I know most MNers don't)... Sid, Andy, Kerry and Alex will always remain my favourites, I hope none of them are leaving.

InkleWinkle Mon 21-Jan-13 18:05:03

Hi 5!! That's where I know her from! I also think she's trying too hard but we're probably all guilty of that when we start a new job smile

Mamf74 Tue 22-Jan-13 10:38:55

According to the Cbeebies blog Sid's off in March so I'm assuming Cat is his replacement sad.

I am also way too involved though, when I saw they had a new person starting I actually panicked in case Alex was leaving!

pictish Tue 22-Jan-13 10:40:14

Sid is leaving?? NOOOOOO!!!!!

Haven't seent the new one yet.

PartTimeModel Tue 22-Jan-13 10:41:07

SID's LEAVING!!!!!!!!!!! Sob!

Bout time there were some fresh faces. It's been the same crew ever since DD1 has been watching Cbeebeeies (now 5). But Sid is our fav ...

pictish Tue 22-Jan-13 10:43:19

I like Alex's face very much. I don't fancy him, but I love his sparkly eyes and gentle manner, and think he's an excellent choice for kids tv. Awwwww!!

theliverpoolone Tue 22-Jan-13 12:59:32

Sid was on Celebrity Mastermind over Christmas - must be looking for ways to branch out from CBeebies.

I`m glad Sids leaving, hope he manages to make a career in mainstream (if thats what he wants to do), I think hes rather lovely smile

Cherrypie32 Tue 22-Jan-13 20:54:40

Sid's touring his own kids show in theatres this year. I like the girl who is in that show they do together 'Let's Play' or something? On about 2.30 when I am usually sleeping watching with DD.

I love Sid, he's great! Sad he's leaving, but I don't watch cBeebies now, but DH wants to check the new presenter out hmm

Noooooooooooo! Sid, you can't leave us!

PartTimeModel Tue 22-Jan-13 22:31:19

On the bright side, maybe we will see more of Sid on grown up TV. wink

CaseyShraeger Wed 23-Jan-13 15:08:54

She's doing pretty well -- most of them were HORRIBLY wooden at first and took a couple of months to settle down, while she's already sounding quite natural (if just a little hyper). But whatever will we do without Sid? shock

Cherrypie32, yes, Rebecca -- I hope we see more of her.

CaseyShraeger Wed 23-Jan-13 15:09:46

(Random fact: Sid's name is actually Gary (I think; it's something beginning with a G that isn't anything like Sid, anyway))

DawnOfTheDee Wed 23-Jan-13 15:11:34

Andy = the 'ice truck killer' from Dexter series 1.

MrsGeologist Wed 23-Jan-13 15:17:21

Katy grew on me eventually. I like her a lot now, and wish she was on a bit more.

I'm glad I've not seen Neesha in a while, she was irritating.

Cat seems very nice so far smile

MrsGeologist Wed 23-Jan-13 15:17:45

Andy = Fatima Whitbread

DawnOfTheDee Wed 23-Jan-13 15:25:08

oh my god you're right MrsGeologist!

Ok, I will amend my post to....

Andy = love child of Fatima Whitbread & the ice truck killer from Dexter

grin

PartTimeModel Wed 23-Jan-13 15:57:33

Random fact: Sid's name is actually Gary
WTF???
shock

CaseyShraeger Wed 23-Jan-13 16:16:54

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now