Call the midwife

(541 Posts)

Tonight?

BertieBotts Mon 28-Jan-13 10:04:42

Yes she is an Akele I think.

ppeatfruit Mon 28-Jan-13 10:16:29

OOh thanks Bertie I must have missed that bit!

I think it was in the Christmas episode where they were doing the nativity. It was never said directly, I don't think, but she was in uniform and clearly in charge of the cubs!

ppeatfruit Mon 28-Jan-13 11:09:04

I vaguely remember that but it's not easy to sit and watch anything at Christmas! NotADragon So it could easily have happened sentimental or not grin

hackmum Mon 28-Jan-13 13:42:15

Well, that was heart-rending. What happened to jolly Sunday night tv to get you in the mood for the week ahead? The funeral was more than I could bear.

Someone asked about Chummy in the book - my memory is that at the end of the last book Chummy and her husband go to Sierra Leone for good, and they never come back but stay there running a mission and having children of their own.

DD (13) asked me what a missionary was. I was shocked. When I was about 6 I wanted to be a missionary when I grew up.

MarthasHarbour Mon 28-Jan-13 16:00:09

Well i have just wept all the way through that episode. DS is at nursery, want to go and sweep him up in my arms now sad

In the book Chummy goes to Sierra Leone for good. The Jimmy storyline is close though, in the book she says that he 'got a girl into trouble and married her' but she bumps into him some years later and sees him as the henpecked husband, they showed him a bit under the thumb in this episode. I see next week he is in hospital - not sure what that is all about.

I absolutely ADORE Trixie's style!

ppeatfruit Mon 28-Jan-13 16:23:45

hackmum if you watch Mr Selfridge afterwards it cheers you up except for the drunken abusive father storyline (which is only a small part of it grin) most of it is fun.

I asked if Chummy returns so thanks for the information hackmum and MarthasHarbour.Interesting about 'hen pecked' Jimmy I can't work out why she didn't fancy him originally.

LaVolcan Mon 28-Jan-13 16:32:50

She didn't really fancy him because she was in love with someone else, who, although she doesn't spell it out, was obviously married.

ppeatfruit Mon 28-Jan-13 17:03:42

Oh yes I remember now LaVolcan she has self esteem issues IMO.

I wish i hadnt watched it now! Too near to the bone for me!! sad

MarthasHarbour Mon 28-Jan-13 21:29:39

She refers to her 'loverrrr' in the book but again only hints at him being married.

lottiejenkins sad <hugs>

hackmum Tue 29-Jan-13 14:21:58

I do wish Jennifer Worth was still alive as there's loads of stuff I'd like to have asked her!

Oodsigma Tue 29-Jan-13 14:26:05

Oh she'd have been a great webchat!

Oodsigma Sun 03-Feb-13 20:07:52

Just read this part in the book this afternoon.

sailorsgal Sun 03-Feb-13 20:14:19

I love those nurses uniforms. grin

PenelopePisstop Sun 03-Feb-13 20:19:02

sailorsgal just come on to say same thing! They are fab aren't they? Glad DP isn't in, he has 'a thing' about nurses which I don't enquiry too deeply about!

PenelopePisstop Sun 03-Feb-13 20:19:32

These two are a bit grim aren't they.

diddl Sun 03-Feb-13 20:25:16

Downright nasty I´d say-the one that threw the delivery pack away, anyway.

I suppose it´s because the mother died having them?

PenelopePisstop Sun 03-Feb-13 20:29:27

Somebody put more than a knife between them, at least once!

PenelopePisstop Sun 03-Feb-13 20:31:26

I think Jenny should steer clear of blokes who's name begins with J, she's not had much luck with Jimmy and Jerrold :-) .

Maybe the doctor?

PenelopePisstop Sun 03-Feb-13 20:37:45

OMG!

diddl Sun 03-Feb-13 20:45:34

Dr seems too old-especially compared to Jimmy!

He´s so young looking it´s hard to take him seriously as anyone´s "love interest"

I read somewhere that IRL the actress who plays Jenny is with this guy

Ooh diddl he's hot. You cheered me up a tad wink

PenelopePisstop Sun 03-Feb-13 20:49:44

God I can't watch!

GeorginaWorsley Sun 03-Feb-13 20:58:07

Nun and dr love each other imo....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now